Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Having caught up on season 2, the idea that there wouldn't be a 3rd season of this bizarre, beautiful, stupid, wonderful show is so painful to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Elias_Maluco posted:

And than fell in love with a faceless murderous robot girl

Freud: Saw it coming :geno:

Naturally, I'm assuming Freud is still somehow alive in this alternate timeline.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

When that one girl referred to Father in her goodbye message as "Generic Service Model" I thought to myself,"Man I hope you get traumatized by... I don't know.... a faceless little girl robot Jason Vorhees or something...." and hark, Sol provided.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DrThief posted:

Or when Space Ragnar comes up from the mithraic pit, sees all his followers brutally slaughtered, and tiringly pulls out his gun while his face has a "not this poo poo again" impression.

I love that when he's down in the pit and one of said followers' corpses TWANNNNNGs off his cage-ride past the space-snake skeletons and further down to actual literal hell, he just kinda goes,"Huh?" and then goes back to digging out the wall of corpses to see what's behind there (the Space Pope, wanting to get high on teeth).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sally Sprodgkin posted:

Just kidding, this show rules and everyone should watch it.

They should teach this in schools. Just an intense semester of watching a batshit TV show and then excitedly talking about how batshit it was.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Keep the faith, Gonz, Sol will provide!
my children immediately get eaten by an acid mermaid

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

lynch_69 posted:

I'm hoping for at least a comic book telling the rest of the story.

Footage has leaked of the editor reading the script for the first issue:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonz posted:

Allow an AI to procedurally generate a third season.

There's no way it could produce anything close to the batshit insanity the human writers have come up with so far.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Father can't die like that, he's too robust a service model and he will return steadfast as ever :pray:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonna write a letter to HBO explaining that they're supposed to renew the good shows and cancel the bad ones, since clearly they've hosed up somewhere along the way and gotten their wires crossed on this :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I said come in! posted:

We are getting a movie instead, and a video game.

I haven't kept up with the Expanse thread since the show ended, is the movie confirmed or just :speculate:?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Hmmm, Googling it I think it might just be speculation after all. I swore that was confirmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagkBedzwI8

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If the kids age out before they can trick a billionaire into paying for season 3, just have season 3 open with Father pulling Mother out of the full body condom and sadly letting her know that all the kids turned into Acid Mermaids..... but thankfully they still have Campion Bee.

Not Campion B.

Campion but he's a space-bee.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonz posted:

The buzz for season 3 will be huge.

:hmmyes:

Somebody please save this show :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

LOL exactly, like when Marcus started gathering a cult of followers of his own in season 2 and they all just got murked by the robot girl after like 2 episodes. I thought they were going to be major characters for the whole season.

There was the whole thing with the blonde lady seemingly looking to shift into place as Marcus' partner as Voorhees-Bot's mother lost her faith, and then bam they ALL get murdered, haha.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I started to read Gravity's Rainbow and I have no idea where it is going but it certainly feels loving weird. Hopefully not in the way Naked Lunch ended up being, that was one of the most difficult books I've ever read in my life.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

Towing Jehovah is a messed up idea that God exists, but uh he just died and now there's a big humanoid corpse in the ocean and we gotta get it to the arctic so he doesn't decompose that much.

Okay it sounded weird enough, then I read the rest of the synopsis and :vince:

quote:

God is dead, and now God's two-mile-long cadaver is floating in the Atlantic Ocean, just off the coast of Africa. As a result, the archangel Raphael hires supertanker captain Anthony Van Horne to tow the cadaver into the Arctic, with the intention of having it be preserved by the cold.

Just amazing :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Sol is real in the sense that there is something talking to people and having influencing them.

"What's the difference between god and an alien?"

Probably lots Paul, you little shithead.

His mother was so disappointed in him for asking such a dumb question that she turned herself into a tree and got deep-throated by a space snake. Kid's gonna need a lot of therapy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

priznat posted:

I'm not a comics guy or anything but I'd buy some graphic novels or whatever that continue the storyline, I am really curious where it was going.

It took some doing, but I was finally about to source the internal recordings of Aaron Guzikowski in his pitch meeting with HBO Max for season 3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

lynch_69 posted:

If you enjoy or even tolerate modern Star Wars or Star Trek you are not allowed to watch Raised By Wolves. Those are the rules, I didn't make them, don't blame me.

With Father TAKEN FROM US BY COWARDS, Anson Mount is the closest thing I have left to a space-dad, and I'll cling on to him for as long as I can :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I actually figured the AI had deliberately given the guy doubt/frustration to make him seem (and to be!) more conflicted, which would make him more believable to the colonists as one of them who is just trying his best to stay the course. If he ever doubts TOO much or crosses a line and decides enough is enough, he just gets brainwashed again and continues to be a valuable human representative/mouthpiece who keeps telling people to trust the process and eventually everything is going to work out fine.

We'll never know now though, because THE COWARDS WON'T GIVE US SEASON 3! :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gonz posted:

Westworld was just cancelled.

Praise Sol.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Metis of the Hallway posted:

bring back the better android show now

Grandmother was just one of Hale's leftover new model robots, and this is how we get to the reveal that Anthony Hopkins is playing Sol!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JazzFlight posted:

Off-topic, but I haven’t watched the last season of WW yet, does it seem to have a complete ending anyway?

Short Answer: Yes.
Longer Answer: There's a setup for a potential 5th season but it was designed to be completely open about where that might go, and if we never get another second of the show (seems likely!) we pretty much know where everything ended up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

2nd Amendment posted:

We should forcibly remove children from their parents and have the State raise them. It's the only way to avoid fail children sullying the legacy of their parents by co-opting their achievements as their own.

I blame Marcus Aurelius! :mad: