Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
she’s gonna play kraven, book it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Rami Malek sucks, dude

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Dr. Victor Von Doom is very much the level of silly name that Tom Holland Spider-Man and Co. would get the giggles about in modern MCU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

Marvel finally answers the most pressing question around Avengers Endgame

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1542300063560605703?s=21&t=qesPTpaIeqESaGXZuuteGA

Seems pretty effective in _____The Boys

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Shageletic posted:

I'm tired of this poo poo!

new thread title imo

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I’m glad the bots happened because I thought the Snyder Cut was good.

Maybe helps that the Joss Whedon version sucked complete rear end, but still, I enjoyed the rerelease.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I like the tv Superman

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

who even counts as an Avenger right now

Captain America 2, Antman, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

It would probably serve the public, and respect the memory of the actor, to just name cancer in the movie too.

Maybe even have Hobbit Ross be naive that Wakanda, as advanced as they are can’t cure it, and have Angela Bassett be like “yeah, we have technology, but we aren’t gods.”

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Lobok posted:

The Rock has a stupendously superheroic physique but I don't buy him as Namor. I've never gotten "regal" from him.

SCORPION KING IS REGAL AF ITS RIGJT IN THE NAME

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

sure when captain america does it, he’s a hero, but when the rock does it, he’s a muscle bound jerk idiot!!!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/with-next-phases-set-marvel-hones-in-on-directors-1235187070/
There's a little quote in here about the F4 movie from Feige saying that it won't be an origin story.

Nice.

With all the incursion and universes colliding talk in the storylines I almost wonder if there will just be a Witcher-style conjunction of two Marvel universes where mutants et al just merge over.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I NEED to see this terrible movie

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I wonder the percentage of HBO Max subs that are included in other bundles. We get it with our AT&T service, for example.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Instead of Taxi Driver they're just gonna do One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest except the patient bangs the nurse this time

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Hey so what happens to Sesame Street

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

A post so white it came with a country club membership.

Not liking Shang Chi doesn't make you racist lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

Not liking it and saying no one would care if they cancelled it is a little different, but fly your confederate freak flag, friend.

I like Shang Chi, ok

And I would care if they canceled the second one

I'll have you know some of my best friends are Asian-driven Big Budget Hollywood Studio Movies

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

I've never seen Black Panther where does that put me on the racism-o-meter

Holy poo poo get a load of this grand wizard

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

ray doesn't get a ghost blowy, he dreams about getting a ghost blowy and pratfalls out of bed, you sickos

e: f,b :argh:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Well, they did just catch a felony charge, so

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

They also just robbed their moms house. It's not like they are going around stealing things from people randomly.

Yeah you're right otherwise that would be a bridge too far

How many other people's kids are they hiding on that farm again?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

People itt don’t know how to Twitter

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I can only achieve an erection by watching a horse die so it's very important that I can stream 'Luck' whenever I need to

HBO Max also has The Neverending Story :ohdear:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

i will merely stay at home and watch No Way Home again, and then the deleted scenes on my 4k blu ray copy

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

What’s the status of who owns Ghost Rider

How has that not been a possibility for the MCU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Ah, ok. I didn’t watch Agents, so my last memory are the Nic Cage movies. Seems a no brainer with all the mystical/horror stuff going on to bring in one of the most powerful heroes they have on the bench that’s not tied to mutants/recent other acquisitions.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

If video games have taught me anything about Norse mythology it’s that having a disembodied talking head is A Thing there so having it be Korg was fun

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Can’t remember if I posted here or in a discord but I think the most respectful thing would actually let the story be that T’Challa died of aggressive cancer, just like Boseman.

It would further embed Black Panther to people affected by cancer beyond the beloved actor portraying him; it wouldn’t roll over the illness and those afflicted by it maybe like replacing it with anything else might.

Also an easy thing to explain in the script by having Shuri say to Ross that even though they have advanced technology, they aren’t gods. Let people in the real world grieve with the characters, imo.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Finally, real mutants in the MCU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Gologle posted:

I'm of two minds about this. Obviously I love Hugh Jackman Wolverine, but also...man, Logan was just such an incredible movie, and a wonderful sendoff to the character.

For sure, but I think they can make it work in the wide world of multiverseses and canon's and whatnot. LOGAN is still there, a wonderful sendoff for Fox's Wolverine and Prof. X, but Patrick Stewart showing up in Dr. Strange 2 didn't erase that movie, either.

This will be on a bigger scale than that, of course, but if there's any series that can get real dumb without ruining the serious stuff, it's Deadpool.

Please also bring back Cable played by Brolin, thanks in advance.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

glitchwraith posted:

I'm assuming the movie will be another multiverse centered story. Probably explain how Deadpool and any relevant cast end up in the MCU. Unless this is it for Reynold's run with the character. Should be a lot of fun either way.

He specifically calls out that this is Deadpool's first movie in the MCU. Whether or not this ends Reynolds' run as the character, this version of that character is stepping into the Disney MCU in Deadpool 3.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Huge Jackedman

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I never read any Dr. Strange comics but in the MCU both Sorcerer Supreme’s we’ve seen seem more like custodians of the mystic arts rather than walking offensive powerhouses. Comes off as more like a “I know and keep track of all the awful poo poo not to be trusted to the general mystical population” than an enforcer.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Isn’t it always just how many times someone says gently caress

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

Mostly, but there's other stuff to it. How many thrusts you get in a sex scene is one example. I really wish the documentary "this film is not yet rated" was more available. It does a good job explaining the system.

I saw that doc, but it was literally 16 years ago.

What seems more important than anything for ratings now is who is distributing the movie that is being rated.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Miller isn't the first to say Reynolds is a diva with Deadpool. He also pushed out the director of the first movie during production for 2.

But Miller sucks so it's fine.

(Although didn't it turn out he has like some brain injury?)

Miller had brain surgery at some point because his was broken in some way and has sex pest accusations and made bomb threats to Amtrak

Dude’s a mess

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Dark Fate was fine, but I am a Terminator apologist who still wishes the Salvation story got its sequels

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I like the ending to T3.

I think Terminator’s (the series) biggest sin is its inconsistency on fate. Comes with the territory of having so many installments by so many people across three decades, but it’s at its best when it’s about doing your best even when the world is coming down around you, not actually preventing poo poo from going sideways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

During that Force Awakens press tour, Harrison openly admitted that working with the young people in the cast was really fun and fulfilling, so I do believe he’s doing poo poo now because he wants to and enjoys it.

I mean look at his Indy 5 presser at D23. Dude was feeling things talking on stage to fans.

He just doesn’t like doing 1 on 1 press. I don’t blame him, that poo poo has to be exhausting. Maybe it’s even anxiety triggering or something. He’s grumpy when he has to sell a movie on talk shows (when those movies sell themselves anyway), but he’s still working when he absolutely does not HAVE to.