Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

King Burgundy posted:

I really don't get the reviews/criticism. Quantumania was great. The whole theater had a great time.
Great might be a stretch but yeah it was at LEAST pretty good. Could of been great with a bit more polish. Over in CineD a bunch of posters are acting like this was Star Trek Nemesis level bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I love Kathryn Newton. Haven't seen Quantumania. No idea how she does in it. But none of the reactions I've seen really change my expectations of it. It seems like for the most part the people who hate the MCU or have become increasingly tired of it or thinks everything after Endgame has gone the wrong way are still down on it.
It is not so much her but the rest of the cast seems strong, although Rudd had some flat line readings. I know this is probably the most greenscreeny/The Volumey filming this cast has done so maybe Rudd and Newton were put off by it. Newton seemed like a take or two away from being peak but it wasn't like she was a Star Wars Prequel actor.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Madkal posted:

...I think I stopped caring about the Netflix shows for season three. The only one I tried was Daredevil and I stopped around episode 4.
That last season of Daredevil become really great after Murdock stops moping in the church basement about what happened at the end of The Defenders, which I feel like is probably where you stopped. Also, that season has a great hallway fight that is part of a true 11 minute single shot that is almost like it's own movie. It was so amazing they used it for the Daredevil splash page on Disney+.

Opopanax posted:

They can replace Danny, but bring back Henwick and Ward
Not enough love for Ward imploding/popping pills with scotch for most of season 1 because he had to keep secret that a.) his abusive/famously dead dad was actually alive plus practically a Bond villain & b.) everyone was caught up in some crazy ninja conspiracy.
Henwick literally ends the show as the current Iron Fist so no reason to change that for the MCU.

To the poster who was giving the Netflix shows a try, look up the full chronological order of the various shows' seasons because it actually matters in the middle 3rd. The order is in full season blocks so its pretty straightforward.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

[quote "The Hollywood Reporter posted"] But other sources say that being vocal had only increased Alonso’s profile within the company. She was asked to represent the company on the board of GLAAD, joined the company’s Pride 365 leadership team and made a deal with the company’s publishing division to write a memoir. [/quote]
The fact her activism was rewarded with a memoir deal at Disney itself tells me the Desantis stuff has nothing to do with this. Also, Chapek is longish gone too.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

I’m not getting that they’re transforming into each other, rather they’re trading places

Yeah they are teleporting when they use their powers. That's why Danvers looks extra freaked out when she sees all the Captiain Marvel memorabilia on the walls in Khan's room, she probably is worried she's been kidnapped by a superpowered stalker or something.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Across The Spider-Verse was loving great, I agree with the above posts that the 3rd one will allow for full judgement of Miguel O'Hara's rigid canon event dogma

My raving about how wonderful it was has motivated a couple of friends to check out the first one and then see this so yay me.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

because, while that Miles wasn't supposed to be Spider-Man he is now which means he has to play by the rules everyone else does.

Which gets to the other theme of the movie. People telling the younger generation that how it happened to them is how its supposed to happen like the guidance counselor telling Miles the exact way he's supposed to get into college.

You see it all the time across every field. The hospitals telling interns they need to spend 48 hours on call because that's what they did. The production assistant being told they have to shut up and eat the poo poo because that's how the system works.

It's a reinforcement of institutional abuse that propagates itself because the people who initially suffered it won't admit there might have been a healthier way to go about it

This is a great post

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Jamesman posted:

We got that in X3...

But it did look like Wolverine was floating weightlessly through space, so I'd love to see an actual GOOD Fastball Special.

Also we can assume that X3 was erased from all timelines by DoFP for the good of the entire multiverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

On a similar note, I recently found out/realised that Tyler Hoechlin (Superman in the Arrowverse/Superman & Lois) was the kid who played Tom Hanks's son in Road To Perdition.

Genuinely thrilled he went on to keep working, that movie rules and is secretly maybe the best comic book movie.