Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Shoot Blues, tell, uh, somebody.

Requiescat in Pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I've been impressed with the stability of our leadership.

It's truly something, isn't it?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

DrCaptainSir posted:

I thought this was an eve scam thread.

Send me some posts and I'll send you double the amount of posts back.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Romeo Charlie posted:

Jazz why is it that you find yourself running these MMO games? Is the leadership pool in SA that shallow?

My understanding is that with the groon leadership actively cannibalizing itself and basically everyone else stepping down this afternoon/evening, WanderingBishop messaged some people with SA goon game leadership experience they trusted to steer things.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

!getbank

never 4get

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

So how many people have been banned for doxxing now? 2?

still just the one as far as I know.

I'm kinda disappointed in how Pharnakes is handling all of this, but it is what it is. We'll move on and keep dealing with poo poo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Rigel posted:

so far every leadership meltdown has been the result of that leadership completely failing to read the room and assuming the alliance was with them.

:hmmyes:

The one thing I absolutely, 100% trust Jazz to do is never make that assumption, at least. :D

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

Well I think it has been Moose and Dom Joly I saw mentioned in Announcements so far

Moose is Dom Joly's discord ID.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

NGC773 posted:

You went from greatness for kicking down Valadors sand castle to this.......

The cycle of goonfucker and goonfucked continues.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I'm talking about the skill chip. The day 21 Omega bonus is a skill chip for level 4 Battlecruiser Command, which my skill page says is a T7 skill.

It may not let you use it until you hit t7, or it may let you do it anyway as an exception and just not let you train the skill further. The 30 day omega bonus reward is a battlecruiser with T0 requirements so that may be a special bonus thing for people who aren't T7 yet to use battlecruisers anyway.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 31, 2020

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The as-yet-unnamed coalition has 4 corps as of the end of tonight, since there were space issues before. [HONK], [HAUS], [XBUX], and [MEAN]. When everyone gets off their 24 hour cooldown from leaving or getting kicked from Groon, both of the new ones should be at a decent capacity and we'll have plenty of room for more new people to filter in before we need to think about adding more.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

orange juche posted:

We're speedrunning the EVE experience, and it's excellent.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:popeye:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Folks in discord have discovered the wonderful wonderful world of Eve Echoes Twitch streamers, who apparently have no compunctions whatsoever about solo mining in nullsec while broadcasting their exact location to anyone watching their stream. :allears:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:five:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with POOH. I saw a bunch of gross character names and there were a couple people kicked from our discord because they were members, but then nothing came of that because the leadership explosion happened immediately following it.

If y'all are goons and not total shitters then I don't think there's any reason to go after you, and I think there may have been miscommunication there. I dunno how leadership feels or what they know.

LOL never mind I guess, see below.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 5, 2020

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Their CEO had a meltdown over not being able to use the R-word.

Sub Rosa posted:

Yeah, POOH is China Man Bad, with member names including SumTingWong and BangDingOw.

lol welp

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 6, 2020

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hello Sailor posted:

Broadly correct. We don't talk about W-UQA5

...what happened in W-UQA5?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Zabba51 posted:

My EE story so far
Joined NOOG
Moved IRL
Booted from NOOG
NOOG is empty
Invited to WAFE
Read thread/drama
Leave WAFE
Homeless

10/10 would play again

Hop in the discord in the OP and apply to HAUS, this is the most stable things have ever been and now we're giving free ships out to people.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

jabro posted:

Gee I don't know how that J4G spy got into the corp. They seemed alright with their 1 total post.

There's internal auth for a reason :P

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Zabba51 posted:

I'm in it. Waiting on my 24h cool down period to to be able to apply. Didn't realize the drama while moving and didn't notice something was wrong until wafe was in a alliance by itself. Yes I guess I am slow.

lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sickening posted:

Hello friendo, glad you joined our merry band here at somethingawful.com . I regret to inform you that folks who play eve are loving obsessed about folks who join something awful to get into the eve corps. Due to this unhealthy obsession, you probably won't ever be able to join any of the "cool" corps. Some of this is due to "spying", but the majority of it is because eve folks are loving CREEPY.

Explore the forum, learn to not get probed too often, and forget about eve gaming with goons.

After the past couple weeks I think people are more than justified to be suspicious of fresh registrations trying to get into an eve corp, tbh.

Also for most goon gaming groups, the idea is to play with other members of Something Awful, not people who see how big we are in a game and decide to pay 10 dollars so they can play with us. Not saying that's the case for this particular guy, but with old EvE Online and WoW groups that was definitely common. Hell, we had it happen multiple times when the Politics and War alliance was going, they even posted j4g threads in GBS. And that was a crappy browser game that we were playing specifically to gently caress with people.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 7, 2020

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:five:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Khris Kruel posted:

They just couldn't read the room. I told them multiple times they were confused and didn't realize what goons wanted, but they double downed and thought ya'll wanted to be all inclusive for all political ideologies

political ideologies needs like twelve scare quotes around it tbh

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I shot at spaceships while on the toilet and now I can never go back to EO

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I think there's a really good point to be made that travel should be safe in toilet eve, but holy moly these meltdowns over it are something else.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Jesus christ you guys.

He dropped like 20m+ in loot too, a nice haul.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Who is even making these things

Our entire organization has accumulated all of two (2) pirate ship wrecks and they're not even that faction.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Khris Kruel posted:

So today, we issued a bond to line members to fund us 1 billion isk to make an alliance.

After painstakingly depositing all the funds into the corp wallet to get the alliance, Jazz shows up to create the alliance.

so 43 hours for the alliance

:allears:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Snail Information posted:

Kris just buy another stick of ram its like 20$ You'll be able to open more than 10 tabs in chrome

I ordered 32 gigs of ram last week after the amount of spreadsheets and android emulators I had to have open on my computer to do industry poo poo effectively became too much for my pc to handle. I'm happy with it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Keegers posted:

I'm a bit behind on the goings and such, why did we move to Taisy? It's not a trading station and seems like an interesting choice for base of operations. I moved my stuff there but just wondering the reason.

It's a lowsec station adjacent to both nullsec and highsec, it's fairly close to Alikara and then Jita which are both ITCs, the nullsec space it's right next to is extremely valuable and Taisy is one of the only entrances into it so it's easy to control once we start patrolling it.

We've popped like 6 deadspace anomalies since friday night in Tribute (the null region next to Taisy) and by all accounts we're kicking the asses of any pubbies that try to mine there.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Holy poo poo that's so good

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If I ever spaceboat hard enough to earn myself one of those, a coercer to go on my little shelf of weird SA memorabilia would kick rear end.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

corgski posted:

no that's a gazebo, gestapo is a popular frozen dessert of Italian origin. It is generally made with a base of 3.25% milk and sugar.

No that's Gelato, gestapo is a veined Italian blue cheese made from unskimmed cow milk.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Gang tags? I hope I got the sizes right. :ohdear:

With coercer

without coercer

:popeye:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The red and orange animated tag won pretty handily. If you wouldn't mind getting the tag all set for us, Eox, we'd be very grateful!

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Back by request, red and yellow animated

Thank you so much for designing this, it kicks rear end.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm waiting on my av change to go through before I ask for tags, but thank you for doing this for us Eox.

e: gently caress, that was fast. I guess I'll take one :)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah a bunch of them were spamming heart and beer emojis to meet our HONKs, it was a beautiful expression of friendship. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

Echoes has been a great time so far and I can't wait to see what we get up to next.

I wanna echo all of this post but especially this. I've had a blast with y'all so far, and I'm glad I've been able to help get people in ships so they can have fun.