Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's your opinion on Bob's Burgers?
It's good!
It's bad!
Not my cup of tea but that's just me
Anyone who likes Jimmy Jr is a loving baby killer
His name is bob burger
View Results

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The last Bob's Burgers thread got closed only two pages in because the OP didn't realize he was making a Bob's Burgers thread and thought we wanted to talk about some weird netflix original instead.

It turns out there is a lot of debate on something awful on whether Bob's burgers is good or not! Here's some thread highlights for us to open the discussion.

Dear Watson posted:

Is this the bobs burgers thread. I love bobs burgers although the last season had more downs than ups

The Walrus posted:

Bob's Burgers is a really good show, you need to have an appreciation for things that are 'silly' though to like it. If you're like 'they're trying TOO hard to be silly' you won't like it, because of course they are trying, it is their job to write a silly show

I would recommend as a really good Bob's Burgers episode to start with, watch The Belchies a very good Goonies parody episode with lots of classic hilarious bits

I. M. Gei posted:

Loren Bouchard is loving overrated as poo poo; there’s a reason all of his projects except Bob’s Burgers loving bombed (it’s because they all suck and he is boring unfunny trash for terrible basic rear end white people with poo poo taste in everything).

That said, Bob’s Burgers is alright whenever it’s not about Tina being confident or accepting of something wrong with herself. Or whenever Jimmy Pesto is on-screen and a live bear isn’t mauling his genitals off. Or whenever there is singing...... dear God why do they keep singing? Who on this show’s production staff thinks all of this dumbass singing is an okay thing to put on television, and what is wrong and broken in peoples’ brains that makes them like it? Every time a character sings on Bob’s Burgers, all parties involved should be subjected to corporal punishment and fined tens of thousands of dollars. More of both if it’s Tina, and even more than that if it’s Linda.

mind the walrus posted:

I don't even like Bob's Burgers, but I do give it respect. Every member of that family tries so hard to be creative and not only is that celebrated in spite of none of them ever making money off of their passions, they're celebrated in spite of all of them being loving awful at their arts.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Bob makes good burgers, supposedly.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Yes hes the opposite of Jimmy Pesto whose a terrible cook but is financially successful because he excels at the other portions of running a restaurant: branding, decor, pricing, entertainment.

Bob is extremely good at making burgers: he goes toe-to-toe with a legit celebrity chef in a competition losing only barely.

Hes just absolutely awful at the parts of the restaurant business no one ever thinks about : money, marketing, generic diner decor, uninspiring unmemorable name, charging too little for the burgers to make a healthy profit, bad location (between a funeral parlor and a vacant building), and just plain bad luck.

He could be successful if he was willing to leave the actual business side to someone else but he's far too stubborn for that (see how pissed off he got about having to add sweet potato fries to his menu because he doesn't think they belong in a burger restaurant despite them being a financially sound decision and forcing Linda to turn the excess sweet potatoes into money losing apple pies instead.

Post Bob's burgers analysis, your favorite bits, or even why you don't like Bob's burgers since a lot of people don't apparently. Just just don't fly off the handle at people and call them the r-word or a baby-killer because of their opinion on Jimmy Jr or whatever because I know someone's going to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I like the part where he makes the burgers and the customer eats the burger and enjoys it.
A+

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It's not as good as like, Home Movies, but it's fun enough.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Its a good show and my friends gave me some Bob's Burger Burger Recipes cards and they own

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Gail Force Winds lmao

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
bob burger

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also i will not tolerate Linda's Singing Is Bad' slander

gently caress you

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

borger

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Bob's Burgers is the best animated sitcom on the air right now. Whether this is to be applauded or not is up to you

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I enjoy the Burger of the Day names

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm doing a rewatch and I really like it op. It's my weekly dose of optimism

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I haven't watched it it looks boring

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

General Dog posted:

iirc that’s cause the home movies recording booth had an open bar

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Les Os posted:

iirc that’s cause the home movies recording booth had an open bar

hot drat

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I think it's boring.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I watched Bob's Bugers seasons 1-3 over and over and over and over when they were the only seasons on Netflix

now there's like 10 seasons so that's like half the show I haven't seen (I have seen a handful of random newer episodes here and there like the MLP one and others on syndication)

I love Jon Benjamin

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

benger

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

you broke my grill posted:

I watched Bob's Bugers seasons 1-3 over and over and over and over when they were the only seasons on Netflix

now there's like 10 seasons so that's like half the show I haven't seen (I have seen a handful of random newer episodes here and there like the MLP one and others on syndication)

I love Jon Benjamin

yeah, its a hulu show now. netflix moved super hard into original content and movies so almost all the tv shows are on hulu now unless they're disney properties specifically or a guaranteed money maker like the Office or The Last Airbender which is the only nickelodeon show that's netflix

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

1) It's got a bunch of King of the Hill alumni on staff, and King of the Hill is objectively a Good Show

2) Nick Offerman names it as one of his favorite shows

3) Jon Benjamin is cool

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
Don't feed a guy a sponge, Bobby!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Bob's Burgers is good, Home Movies is great. If you disagree you're a fan of Jimmy Pesto's

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

A group of comedians all yelling over each other trying to get their bits in.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

General Dog posted:

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
https://youtu.be/DtE-EmXUmnY

I like this song and It randomly plays in my head sometimes.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Dear Watson posted:

https://youtu.be/DtE-EmXUmnY

I like this song and It randomly plays in my head sometimes.

Knew this was gonna be the Topsy song before I clicked on it

Anyway Bob's Burgers is cool and if you don't like then that's okay, and I still accept you because that's what Linda would do

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Bob's Burgers is in that same category of show where when the first you hear of something is when it is already a Buzzfeed quiz about which character you are, you sort of start with a bias against it because you thinking "oh god, I am going to be seeing Just Two Things of this in a few weeks everywhere I go."

But I do try to give most beloved media some sort of chance (I even gave Rick & Morty a chance after PICKLE RICK), so I watched a few episodes. I started with the live-action murder mystery game one because it seemed like that would give me a chance to connect, and I did indeed enjoy it.

Overall I absolutely do not understand why it is as cherished as it is, but I definitely want to watch the Belchies; gonna sign up for yet another fake Hulu trial I guess

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It just bores me and I don't laugh at it, I don't think it's particularly bad though.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i want to turn the show off every time tina comes on screen but beyond that it's solid

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Bobs Burgers is good lol that the last OP rage quit his own thread

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i only like the mom and the weird daughter.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
We used to enjoy it, but it's gotten steadily less funny with each season. The singing isn't great and is my least favorite part.

I do have the Bob's Burgers Burger Book (or something) and 'baby you can chive my car' burger was actually really good. The fried pickle wheels are a fun touch.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Hell Yeah posted:

i only like the mom and the weird daughter.

Yeah Linda and Tina are my favs too

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If I ever have a daughter she's probably gonna end up like Tina.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I remember when it premiered right after the super bowl, TFF thread kept talking poo poo every time it had a commercial come on during the game. Then some of us stuck around to watch it and it was actually good. Good memory.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Who What Now posted:

Bob's Burgers is the best animated sitcom on the air right now. Whether this is to be applauded or not is up to you

Of the eight current animated sitcoms I can think of, seven are past it and one was never actually good, and that one is the best of the eight (Disenchantment). Bob's Burgers is the most watchable of the shambling corpse shows at least.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
If the very last episode of the show doesn't have Bob snapping and murdering his entire family, I have no idea what we're doing here.

Also, I love the show, but I don't want it to be The Simpsons and go on way, way too long.

Edit: The best song is from some Christmas episode when Mr. Fischoder sings about bourbon.

3 A.M. Radio fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 1, 2020

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

the crossover archer episode was great

jon benjamin is a treasure and it’s criminal that you can’t stream his sketch show anywhere

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
This thread is harassment.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bob's Anal Gasket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

It's kind of running out of steam lately, but mostly it's been a good ride on par with, say, King of the Hill or the first few seasons of the Simpsons.

It kind of lost its edge when they started toning down Louise's character IMO.