Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

There would be a knife fight over who gets to be King George, and it would extend beyond Hololive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Wudz posted:

Coco living the dream, goddamn

Coco, out of fucks to give.

I KNEW someone was going to post that.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Wudz posted:

Coco/Mel COVER YOU COWARDS

I'm going to laugh and laugh and laugh if Mel suddenly has a stream with some new vTuber that is obviously Coco with a new avatar ..like.. July 2nd.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

FunkyFjord posted:

E: of course as soon as I post this she starts abusing an otomatone.

Soken's disciples are spreading.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Chairman Coco memes intensify.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Liar Lyre posted:

She’s gonna start a vtuber yakuza

Unironically, it looks like she's going to become Management, just not Hololive Management.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Largepotato posted:

Amazing double imposter strat from Fubuki & Coco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTayItTwqmM

Today we have replaced Fubuki or Coco with Pikmin 4.

Let's see if they can figure out which.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
All the Global streamers are going to Ship 1. That's one way to take pressure off Ship 2...

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Pollyanna posted:

I am not willing to contribute to this conversation aside from reading this post

and absolutely cackling.

Carnotaurus posted:

Coco's graduation is all part of her scheme to raise a bunch of money so that she can perform a hostile takeover of Cover Corp.

njsykora posted:

She's starting a construction company to build a massive tower just so she can have a climactic fight with Yagoo on top of it.

A new indy vTuber appears with a familiar voice named Vanilla Howard.

Bonus points: Make references to Swan Lake.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Sindai posted:

I think Mouse and Pikamee have actually made more progress in this game than any other pair I've ever seen.

Perhaps there's something to synchronized squeaking after all.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I'm gonna really miss that dragon...

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I think everyone in vShojo has awkward stories about Melody, watching Melody, being walked in on while watching Melody, or family clicking on the wrong link to watch Melody.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Trihugger posted:

Here's some musings on Coco's graduation by a Japanese youtuber with 1.5 million subs that also has a separate vtubing channel. It's hard to overstate the impact Coco had on the English vtubing community, but it's interesting to get some perspective from the Japanese side of things as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hySFaqFkIeY

I see some commentary that this guy is basically the Japanese Markiplier, so if anyone has an idea of what streaming is like and some of its pitfalls, it's probably going to be this fellow. He brings up some interesting points as well, and it's probably the thing that has me wondering the most.

Can Coco's actress make lightning strike twice?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Wudz posted:

The Froot Is Loose and it's loving hilarious, oh my god

Froot turning into a goblin was pretty great, the impromptu drunk Halo karaoke was great as well.

But Bunny GIF being Too Texan To Japanese was golden.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

cousin.avi posted:

Well that’s certainly a thing YouTube.

It's probably not a coincidence that Phase Connect openly advertises a backup channel for Pippa on Twitch in case she says something that gets her yeeted.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I kinda wonder which Indys who churn just under the surface have quietly begun to spin down their original accounts in preparation for spinning up a Hololive account in the past few months.

EN was a little weird this last time, wasn't it? They technically did two auditions? One specifically looking for singing talent, then a second more conventional wave?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The more you know, huh?

Still, I imagine that getting ready to be exposed to this madhouse directly must be one hell of a distraction.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Carteret posted:

Smug Ina is powerful holy poo poo

Ina is feeling like that image is mocking HER.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Someone once told me that we always meet the same people, over and over. They're just wearing different masks.

Sometimes it's more obvious than other times.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Talorat posted:

In order to destroy the VTubers, one must become a VTuber...

I thought it was hanging out with vTubers a lot that caused that to happen. Or maybe being bitten by one.

Conner is clearly suffering from an advanced case.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Xad posted:

Did you mean to post a picture of Connor's vtuber avatar because uhh that's Temma from Holostars

Huh, maybe Mouse was watching Temma videos last night while Connor was talking in the background... Last night was a strange night.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Wudz posted:

Not sure where you would have been hearing connor, unless you had him on a separate tab

I saw the feed and got distracted because I work evenings and things have been a bit insane lately, so I didn't have a great deal of mental bandwidth. Not being familiar with Holostars specifically beyond 'male Hololive' I didn't recognize him. And my brain filled in the blanks as I went veering off somewhere else, is probably what happened.

RubberLuffy posted:

Faye Mata just posted an absolutely insane email she got because she collab'd with Calli and Kiara in Shadowverse.

:eyepop: People are loving crazy.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Revolver Bunker posted:

Kanata is absolutely flexing her cooking skills and prowess over Coco right now. Also their breakfast looks really good.

At very least, Coco won't go hungry.

But she may need to remember that chickens don't make good property managers.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Holomemes learning new words is always funny.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

https://youtu.be/FDD1rYVQTQ8

That's nice, I hope they can work out a way to make that happen. :unsmith:

Yeah, anybody saying that she's getting fired and they're just being nice about it at this point doesn't have much of a leg to stand on.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Sindai posted:

Zen, Froot and Haruka are doing their own voice changer Apex stream including Zen switching to male TTS. It's a hell of a thing

Zen is seriously underappreciated and needs more eyes on her streams. She's a great gateway to the various Indies on Twitch.

(Still holding out for an Amelia/Zentreya Apex teamup, but I have no idea who the third would be for that kind of collab. Comedy option, Pomu Rainpuff?)

EDIT: I suppose Froot would also work, if they didn't want to do a megacrossover...

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 1, 2021

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Joshlemagne posted:

Ollie has played apex with zen off-stream.

I'm not remotely surprised. But it'd be fun to see an official, streamed thing.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Revolver Bunker posted:

On a whim I decided to look up Mio's reading for Coco this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iQwiAbmNbA

Kind of eerie, isn't it?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Mentat Radnor posted:

ty. Just watched some Strange English with the captain and lmao who writes these things.

Marine doesn't need someone writing for her to have infamous English.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Oh christ Gura put her nendroid in her tip jar, she knows exactly what that means :negative:

As adorable and cute as Gura is, remember that she came from the internet.

She knows EXACTLY what she is doing.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Captain Invictus posted:

they're unpainted, right? that seems like it'd be a dealbreaker for a lot of folks. if they were actual figures instead of statues, I'd be interested, but those are just statues, so pass.

is gura the only nendo(so far)?

is there an archive of the stream anywhere? I'm not seeing it on any of the channels.

It was an online AX panel, so we're not likely to see any archives of it.

It also makes sense that Gura would be the first to get a Nendo, she's MADDENINGLY popular. It was kinda funny seeing Ina realize that people are making figures of her, though.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5drjr9PmTMA&t=90s

Same energy.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Gacha is a bad habit. Genshin Impact's Gacha is particularly bad.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Sindai posted:

And also her neck

I'm trying to imagine the posture that would cause a neck to bend that way in motion tracking. :stare:

hosed up necks will be the next Hololive meta at this rate.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Vizuyos posted:

It's probably not as bad as it looks. Head tracking gets really janky when you're in a position where it has a hard time tracking you but hasn't quite realized yet that it's having a hard time tracking you. Sora's a bit infamous for all the times her avatar's temporarily become haunted because she knocked over her phone.

I keep forgetting that the L2D software they're probably using most of the time only came to PC fairly recently and was originally written for a phone.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
It seems like Scuff is an EN feature in general. The vShojo panel scuff should be comedy gold.

nielsm posted:

The Marine clip above actually has her using a 3D model, not Live2D model. The Live2D model wouldn't be able to deform the neck that way, it works inside a strictly defined output-range of motion.

But yes the tracking tech used should be able to be extended to handle some more parts, like shoulders, and remember that some of the hololive gen 0 members recently got hands tracking added as a feature for their home streaming setups.

Zentreya uses either torso or full body tracking as well, and of course Melody does for obvious reasons. It's a really neat technology.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Kibibit posted:

An interesting one is Pochi-sensei, who uses some sort of device on her hands for her hand capture. She even occasionally has to find them and put them on when she decides to do some impromptu hand motions. I definitely feel it's different from whatever tracking that Miko is using, since it's less prone to wild and unpredictable motion in my experience

There's been some work with the Vive trackers and Haptic gloves as well. It might be something similar to that. Or a combination of peripherals.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

serefin99 posted:

Ya know, this brings to mind a question: do EN v-tubers legitimately experience more technical malfunctions? Or is it just that it's easier for us to notice when EN tubers get messed up because they scream in a language more people can understand?

I'm not sure. I mean, I mainly watch EN streams. But there seems to be a THING about scuff.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
We need less angst in this thread and more Take Your Weeb Dad To Work Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqBFL8mLJ_U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

RealFoxy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2qXd2ygTTY

As part of hitting 1 Million subs, Pekora told her mother what she did for a living for the first time. I think her mother mused she knew that Pekora was making "Money off the internet, and was often very loud" but thought it was better not to ask.

And then Pekomom starts putting 'peko' in her own words.