Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

Also, I don't consider it "cheating when, if you're picking in the top 5 in the 1st round, you're ALSO picking that high in the second so...Kap and Desean were still there.

I think you're confused about where Deshaun went unless you meant Russ

Either way no one is going to deny the Jaguars are very bad at evaluating talent and have been for a stunningly long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Remember back in March when everything was shutting down and basically the one thing everyone agreed HAD to stay open was liquor stores, to the point that states started legalizing alcohol delivery who hadn't before?

The only thing that's surprising is that more famous people haven't ended up getting DUIs and such

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Codependent Poster posted:

If there is one truth we all can agree on, it's that the Houston Texans are the worst team in the AFC South

The combination of months without sports plus all my American teams sucking and/or having their window shut at the same time is making me question how I have spent a lot of my time lately

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
BABY TOWEL, YEAH :3:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I maintain that whatever record is required to get BoB fired is what I want but yes I will be ready to die if Miami gets #1 because of that fuckass

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It's a good thing I've decided to root for a coach firing because I would be incandescently angry at the catch rules otherwise

e: also this dumbass motherfucker in charge of my team called two run plays to start that series and really that tells you whatever you need to know about the dipshit

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
haha wait Jacksonville is about to lose to Cincy? This fuckin division I swear

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The record of college coaches going to the NFL is overall not great and even the god amongst men coaching college, Nick Saban, failed absolutely miserably in the NFL.

Leave Dabo to dunk his recruits in South Carolina and hire someone else

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah you can always point to someone like him or Jimmy Johnson or Switzer who was good but then you have the Sabans and Spurriers of the world who were great college coaches and couldn't do it

It's essentially a crapshoot so you might as well grab someone who has been around NFL teams and at least then you avoid the "college coach has to learn he isn't king and highest paid guy in the room anymore"

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I don't disagree

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Just in case anyone was worried this might lead to a bout of competence from the Texans that would allow us to maximize Watson's career,

quote:

Texans chairman Cal McNair said redoing DeAndre Hopkins' contract wasn't feasible, hence the controversial offseason trade that sent the star wide receiver to the Cardinals.

McNair also claimed the Texans "did a good job" with the trade, which has been widely panned by fans and media.

don't worry we'll be poo poo for years

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
BoB gets fired, Texans get first win. Coincidence?

Yes, because this happened to be the week we played the Jags BUT STILL

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Wow David Quessenberry still playing? Good for him!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Trading Watson would be stupid. I want them to trade Watt in the same way Boston fans accepted that Ray Borque had to go literally anywhere else rather than waste the end of his career in a dead end team

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
At first glance I thought an O/U of 51.5 for this game was absurd but I went and looked and it's entirely possible these two teams can bumblefuck their way there

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

fast cars loose anus posted:

At first glance I thought an O/U of 51.5 for this game was absurd but I went and looked and it's entirely possible these two teams can bumblefuck their way there

52, lmao

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I guess you could say it's all gone

tits up

for Tennessee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

The Texans head of PR who was fired has hired a lawyer and there's speculation that she was fired for her support of Biden which would just be so on the nose for this increasingly roaring garbage fire of a franchise

twist: it's because Cal is a Howie or La Riva fan

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
lol if they strip a draft pick over that I'm going to give up on the NFL entirely, that would be nonsense, but they won't

It's like when articles about someone in legal trouble say "he faces up to 20 years in prison!" and then the dude gets probation because 20 years is the absolute max sentence and this was guy's first offense or whatever

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
im extremely excited to have witnessed this season that doesn't even have the payoff of a high draft pick

and to watch it again next year

and to watch Watson's career wasted

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
If the Patriot you're getting isn't Tom Brady or Bill Belichick you're wasting your time but idiots gonna idiot

also we still have that loving chaplain around I guess, yay us

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
honestly if the texans trade watson and watt i'll have literally no reason to watch them other than historically "being a fan of the nfl team located in houston" and I can drop that fairly easily now

so dooo it Cal

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

fartknocker posted:

Are the McNairs now officially worse or more hated than Bud Adams? I know a bunch of Texans fans here had a deep anger toward Adams for years...

I don't think the general population of Texans/Houston fans will ever hate anyone as much as Bud Adams presuming whoever owns the Texans keeps them here

Bud Adams was arguably a better owner while he did have the team in town though, depending on your stance on the Oilers' two AFL titles

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
no go away your team is too good to post here and your franchise QB doesnt hate your owner

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Eason's numbers at Washington were admittedly pretty good but one season sample and all that

He represents the wrapped present under the tree vs. known quantity old-rear end Rivers. He could be another Peyton Manning! He could be another Jimmy Clausen! He could be some boring nothing in between those extremes! Let's find out!

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

Bud is also the reason the exploding scoreboard was removed

how could I forget this betrayal

so yeah the McNairs are bad, but.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Cowardly punts should always bother you because plenty of not great teams have won games by being aggressive in the right situations

Cowardly punts in the playoffs should have you calling for heads to roll

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
But Easterby was a big pusher behind trading Hopkins and if anything he has much more power now that McNair backed him in the GM thing, so I wouldn't take "Texans make exceedingly dumb and lopsided trade" off the table

Hopefully if nothing else getting a GM from the Patriots means he at least understands the importance of QBs

e: I need a new avatar obviously and Watson would be the obvious choice but now I have to kinda sit on it, sadly

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
"gee I wish the Texans could ever be a team that was worth national attention"

*monkey paw curls*

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm mostly just waiting for Watt and Watson to be confirmed out of town to officially disengage my fandom til Cal dies

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Technically they are all still there so I'd put any year a team moved above our 2020 in the bad category

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

sponges posted:

When I was a kid I pulled out the paper divider on one of those tubs of popcorn. My family was so mad.

did everyones family end up with a tub with a buncha cheese popcorn in it or was mine weird

obviously the caramel went first

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Godspeed JJ go win a ring with Brady or Mahomes if you wanna

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Wentz is basically useless but the Colts didn't get fleeced taking a flyer on him so I can't really drag this trade that much

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

Not sure why the Texans went with the 8th QB in the draft as their first pick when they have so many other needs and will probably be picking in the top 5 next year

Gonna be honest I feel like this was the right play

1) We're going gently caress all anywhere til we have a franchise QB (this is just a truth of the NFL regardless of which team is under discussion)
2) That franchise QB won't be Deshaun Watson
3) therefore those holes don't matter all that much, and plugging them to go 7-12 with some dogshit behind center is actually arguably a bad idea
4) if the franchise QB is Davis Mills, who some people thought might have gone in the first round next year (widely regarded as a weak QB class), then great, we got a steal AND that top 5 pick gets to get used on another hole
5) if it's not nothing stops us from drafting another with that top 5 pick

I'm ok taking a lottery shot at a guy when he's at his lowest draft value and our team knows it's gonna suck for a while either way. I also believe extremely firmly that if Minnesota hadn't grabbed Mond that's the pick we'd have made and when he was gone we were set on a QB lotto ticket so that's why a guy we didn't do much pre-draft on was the pick.

e: lol I somehow put us down for 19 games next year at 7-12 but the point stands

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 2, 2021

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

Also the Texans

Davis Mills will carry us to the promised land

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
SF will have 3 active players by game 7 so I don't think you can count that one as rough

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
the Tebow thing is indisputably a marketing ploy and while normal-rear end people recognize that it will last part of training camp, sell some jerseys, and be done, the world is full of people who need something to be on about all the time

It's not worth worrying about them worrying about it, basically. I get why actual players would be pissed re a roster spot and stuff and from that perspective Urban is probably making a mistake but ultimately nothing will matter out of this I imagine.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
lol Marcedes Lewis is the one the Jags signed to a big deal because he had 10 TDs in a contract year after having 7 in all four years before that and then he immediately followed it up with a 0 TD year. He is the essence of the Jaguars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
"Yep this looks like a team that can cruise to the #1 pick pack it in boys"