Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hizawk posted:

I can't wait to watch the Lions scored 30 points and barely win / lose every game this year.

Training camp reports really highlight how rolling the offense is (as expected).

But it's against the Detroit "Defense".

Reminder that the Lions head coach is a rapist who got hired for his defensive acumen.

Also, Patricia is a huge fan of running the ball. Before game days last year, Patricia would burst into Bevells hotel room at night and force his running the ball philosophy into Bevell.

Why does he insist on running the ball every first down? It's like the worst of 90s football. What a bad bad bad , bad bad coach, GM, hyphenated heiress owner, and so on. Mike Williams come back. We need you Mike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Everson Griffin is going to be a latter day Robert Porcher. Book it baby, Detroit Lions first super bowl. And guess who's playing half time? Kid Rock, Big Sean, and Tyler Perry as a new singing character called "Silly Sally" (for nationwide appeal).

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Slowpoke! posted:

Sportrac says Lions can cut Goff after the 2022 season with $0 cap hit, so maybe he is the perfect fit for a rebuild. Young and talented enough to potentially turn it around, but easy enough to eject if he doesn’t. His cap hit of $25.5M in 2022 probably means Detroit doesn’t go QB with their first pick this year, right?

That's probably it. You get a try out year and if he keeps stinking, cut him and draft someone. I hope it won't be 20 years between now and a decent qb like it was for Stafford

You know what, it's extremely stupid to think they'll do the right thing. They'll probably give goff an extension after a fluke comeback season and continue to be awful forever

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 1, 2021

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

rabidsquid posted:

the good news is that if the new GM and coach are incompetent we will know right away, and the outcome of this trade is otherwise irrelevant if that's the case

I don't know if there's much value in this information, as a fan.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

PupsOfWar posted:

wanting to run it back with Rodgers aside, i would assume the packers had 0 interest in taking on Goff

their idea was to smoothly transition from Rodgers to Love, as with Favre to Rodgers, taking Goff would mean going into full rebuild mode while you wait out his albatross contract

For the Lions, I feel like trading for Goff actually gives the new regime a sense of security. Drafting a young QB who turns out to be a bust would make them look bad, whereas having Goff as your starter (with the understanding that he can't be gotten rid of for the first couple years) ensures that fan and owner expectations remain reasonable while they compile picks and young players. Goff's contract is like a shield that enforces patience.

I think that may have been important to ownership and the old hands on the team. The Lions went basically a generation without even a mediocre qb before stafford.

You guys know more about football than me, what do you think of Robert Mays' proposition that the Lions convert Goff's salary to bonuses and trade him this year, to get some a$$ets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

He looks exactly like Ryan Gosling. What does that mean