Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
It's a bit sad but at the same time funerals have been under pretty intense restrictions with limited numbers of people being able to attend at a time before and it was just accepted as a part of the things we had to do. We had goddamn cops busting into them and checking everyone out to the point that mourners left due to the sheer intimidation factor but now it's a bridge too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

QLD having ACT as a hot-spot has always seemed weird to me but maybe they just want to stop Federal politicians from coming to QLD to campaign during the state election? I joke and god that sounds jaded as gently caress but everyone's playing politics so obviously and clumsily right now I wouldn't even be shocked.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

The idea we should always be thankful of mining creating jobs is always a cute one to me because my father worked in the industry and the absolute second a mining site wasn't pulling in large enough piles of money and no one else was around to buy it to run it, it was closed. My dad worked for three different mines as a clerk while I was a child, with two closing down and the third one closing down just so they could fire all the mining staff and after a few months start back up again. In addition to that at the third mine he worked at till he retired changed owners a few times as the market waxed and waned, and one of his bosses tried to turbofuck him and fire him about a week away from my dad's retirement. There's absolutely no reason at all to be "thankful" for a job in mining because the industry treats all its employees with contempt, considering them a "necessary evil" for making giant stacks of cash before they go loving off.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Recoome posted:

it's because some dude tried to escape NSW via the ACT. Idk if there's border control between NSW and the ACT but it's because it was ruined for everyone.

Pikehead posted:

Not so much ACT as a hotspot, rather the idiots that catch a flight from NSW, then tranship in the ACT and fly into QLD.

edit: beaten by this >< much. I was one day away from flying down to the ACT to see family when the "fly back and you get 2 weeks in a hotel room and have to pay for it* rules got dropped. Not happy about it.

Man I hadn't even considered that, it's both sad and hilarious at the same time. I often have to explain to people why certain rules are the way they are so I should have expected "Because someone did something they shouldn't have and ruined it for everyone else" because that's basically the reason for everything.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Sulla Faex posted:

lmao are you kidding me

pecora is italian for sheep

schäfer is german for shepherd

The conspiracy theorists will appreciate this for their nonsensical chart that proves it's all a ruse.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

JK Rowling down a hill and hitting the bottom of the hill where a ramp is that launches her into the air and tweeting her way into a dumpster that slams closed when she lands in it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

freebooter posted:

Alleging that Tilberoo's death was a covered-up murder is not helpful.

When your reply button says "Submit Milquetoast Reply"

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Recoome posted:

Turn your monitor on.

Never. I'll be guessing what you're all posting when I reply forever.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

It's a bit ironic but "This isn't helping your cause" is the least helpful response you can give when faced with someone venting in frustration and anger about institutionalised abuses of human rights and decencies, that are often covered up by the institutions to protect themselves and their mates from scrutiny and responsibility.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

GoldStandardConure posted:

basically the same MO as Jigsaw from Saw.

He kept getting away with it too.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

You were told to go into the shed to talk to Harold but really you were there for that mannequin that you could pull the organs out of cause that poo poo was sick as hell.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

If you've got a better place to store your severed head collection I'd like to hear it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Tommunist posted:

I own the rare one where he detaches his jaw and swallows an unemployed person whole

Certainly explains his disdain for that unemployed union group since better quality of life for the unemployed would potentially mean they become quicker and stronger making them harder to catch, but also possibly larger which could cause his jaw to lock up.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

The idiot conspiracy theorist desire for the UN to try to take over the world is unquenchable.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Queensland voters surprise everyone by choosing oblivion, and so the entire state vanishes on the day of the election, leaving a massive pit slowly filling with ocean water the only proof it ever existed. People from New South Wales still hurriedly drive over the border en masse to plunge into the darkness of the abyss.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Ice cream every time they elect a Liberal government into power.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Honestly I can't blame them, he was exceptionally awful at the job.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

CelestialScribe posted:

You're right, everyone.

Dan Andrews is a fantastic leader.

He did nothing wrong.

Everything that's gone wrong is not the Government's fault.

Let's just shut up and endure the worst loving lockdown in the world right now.

Sir this a McDonald's Drive Thru outside your 5km radius.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

My sister's a nurse in Melbourne and could do with a lot less people just deciding they're exceptional super cool dudes who can arbitrarily decide what rules they do and do not follow. I think you'll find most rules that end up in place regarding this coronavirus came about in part because people thought they were fine no problemo and did what they wanted and spread the cough around.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

bobvonunheil posted:

I don't buy that the 'left' were ever sceptical about COVID, it always felt like "let's be careful and make sure it doesn't gently caress us over" and the body burning and urn stockpiling stuff was always nutjob conspiracy theory territory that I wouldn't necessarily attribute to the 'right' either.

Yeah even the Australian BLM protest organisers in the different states recommended people self-isolate for 14 days if they attended the protests.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Well now at least he can climb into a bus marked "My Credibility" and drive it into the ocean.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

CelestialScribe posted:

dunno about anyone else but as a VIC this attitude is really annoying. no one needs your thanks.

No way man don't be humble 100% you boys did everyone proud enduring such a miserable period of time with no hard guarantee it was going to end anytime soon, but you did it and you should all be really satisfied with what you achieved when so many people were telling you that you were fools for doing it.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

JBP posted:

I'm glad this thread exists as a place for a singularly oppressed suburban cretin to finally feel like someone is listening.

The makings of a fine thread title.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Wow that's hosed up, I hope they arrest the journalists publishing this story!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

I didn't know they actually called themselves Operators, I thought that was a gag from Chapo

They're a cancer that can remove anything but themselves I guess.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Sorry I don't work on holy days.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

Scummo being a Q would be tragically funny.

Just wants to hang out with the secret globalist elite pedophiles and feel important for a change.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Worst thing you can ever do in the eyes of the establishment is speak up about something that makes them look bad, especially if you're the victim of the practice. We had a bishop in Newcastle (I forget which denomination) speak up about how he was sexually assaulted as a young man by a prominent figure of the church who had been found to have sexually assaulted minors wherever he went and protected by his fellows, and so naturally the first thing a few other members of that community did was craft a big letter of rebuke against him for not speaking out at the time because they reasoned it would have prevented this figure from abusing more people later.

Oh, and the poo poo that happened with Milton Orkopoulos and how the Labor Party treated the whistle-blower that outed him for his child-sex offenses.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

To prove he was the greatest of chefs, he cooked his own brain.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Scott Morrison wore an Aussie flag face mask when he arrived in Japan, what a fuckin bogan.

I don't expect much from Scott Morrison so he already exceeded my expectations by wearing a mask in the first place and not only doing it after everyone gets mad at him.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Konomex posted:

Grew up with him, I've been scratching my head so hard about why he'd take the poison chalice for an unwinnable election when he's on a razor thin margin already. I know he wants the PM job one day, he must be playing 4D chess in his head on how to wrangle this into a bigger thing. It does come with a bigger spotlight at least.

He's definitely got less to lose than he has to gain, even in losing he can definitely use the opportunity to advance his own brand. Whether he'd be able to do that or not I guess we'll see. I knew a guy who ran against Greg Piper in a NSW state election for the seat of Lake Macquarie (as a Labor candidate) a few years back and it was kind of obvious he got the position because literally nobody else wanted it, since he had pretty much no support, and the few times he got a word in to the media he managed to say all the wrong things.

Animal Friend posted:

Please, not 2020 again...

Yeah we did it wrong apparently so we're going on a redo.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I imagine no one in the coal industry is screaming about it because they had already taken this into account as a possibility because China has been doing this a lot to a great many nations. A lot of the industries that are actually hurting from it are smaller and can't really spread themselves out the way fossil fuel industries can, and as far as I'm aware we sell way more to Japan (for now) than we ever did to China.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Isn't part of the problem that yes for higher quality coal there are still quite a few markets open, but China was basically the dumping ground for our garbage tier stuff?

If there's one thing I know about corporations, they've probably already got their next dumping ground lined up.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

We can still mock Dutton's appearance because it's factual that his visage is horrendous and resembles a rotted potato.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Lucky for him those bears had an abundance of children to devour or he might have been in danger.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Knobb Manwich posted:

Someone edit the image so it's Morrison holding the knife to an Australian child.

Morrison holding the knife to Morrison but he's holding a tinier Morrison as well.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Not enough knives in that

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Comstar posted:

The Chinese regime removed the PM's post on WeChat.

Why are they doing all this now though? This whole "I'm not touching you!" needling is for whose benefit?

China have probably wanted to take Australia down a peg for a long while due to our politicians clicking their tongue at them over human rights abuses, and this is as good of an opportunity as ever that people looking to curry favour with their bosses in an authoritarian state have leapt at. Never let it be said they're particularly good at it, because performative trolling only ever really wins over your own base and they're firmly behind you anyway. It won't make them any bonus allies in the Pacific just maybe embolden the ones that dislike Australia more than China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

JBP posted:

Just wear a hat and sunscreen

And turn down free melanoma?!?!