Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Solemn Sloth posted:

Daniel “Hitler” Andrews

More like Adolf "Dandrews" Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

That's one of the special characters you can talk with in Fallout 2, probably a super mutant.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Knobb Manwich posted:

I'll sleep soundly knowing the nation's budget will be back in black 0.0003 seconds earlier than otherwise.

No, the deficit will still keep rising but 0.0003% slower.

The media will cheer it on.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's funny how little effort is put into this poo poo; it would be so easy to have just used a fresh account.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

uvar posted:

Would you pass the Australian Values section on the updated Citizenship Test? I'm also still waiting to see what the updates to the Australian Values Statement are about.

16. Which of these statements best demonstrates Australian values about freedom of expression?
a. Everyone can peacefully express their opinions within the law
b. People with different views from me need to keep quiet
c. Only approved topics can be discussed

17. Should people in Australia make an effort to learn English?
a. People in Australia should speak whichever language is most commonly spoken in their local neighbourhood
b. There is no expectation to learn any particular language in Australia
c. Yes, English is the national language of Australia and it helps to get an education, a job, and to integrate into the community

18. In Australia, can you encourage violence against a person or group of people if you have been insulted?
a. Yes, if you do not intend to carry out the violence
b. No, it is against Australian values and the law
c. Sometimes, if I feel very offended

19. Should people tolerate one another where they find that they disagree?
a. It is against the law to disagree with one another
b. No, people only need to treat each other with respect if they agree with one another
c. Yes, peaceful disagreement reflects Australian values in relation to mutual respect

20. Which of the following is an example of contributing to the Australian community?
a. Volunteering or fundraising for a charity is a great opportunity to strengthen our community
b. I should not make any effort to get to know other people
c. People in Australia should not contribute to the community because Australia is a free country

This feels like the "Are you a terrorist? [ ] Yes [ ] No" question on the USA visa application.

lol at 17

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

quote:

The DTA has refused to provide information on active users since the launch, which would provide a clear picture of how many of those 7m downloads continue to use the app. The agency on Friday refused a freedom of information request from Guardian Australia for the report on active users.

The agency’s chief operating officer, George-Philip de Wet, said releasing information on how many active users the app has would “prejudice lawful methods of protecting public safety”.

“Covidsafe is a critical tool in the protection of public safety during the Covid-19 pandemic. I believe disclosure of the information at this time could prejudice the ability of the commonwealth, states and territories to maintain that lawful method designed to protect public safety.”

De Wet also said negotiations were ongoing with state governments over the use and potential release of Covidsafe data and it would “adversely affect” the trust between the commonwealth and the states.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It must be nice to gently caress up 76 times and still get away with it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Carnaticum posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-24/same-sex-marriage-survey-damaging-to-mental-health/10745800

Remember this bullshit unnecessary thing that was incredibly damaging to peoples mental health, but those concerns were dismissed by the government in a disgustingly flippant fashion?

This is all I can think about when people point to the lock-downs, which are a necessity, and say "But think of the mental health of everybody!"

Its still an issue of course, one that shouldn't be dismissed. But maybe there's more we can do as a country and society for the mental health of Australians than think of the economy.

And the now-PM refused to vote in the end because he's an extra big homophobe.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

freebooter posted:

Exactly. Even if you're a complete loving ghoul who's happy for people to die as long as The Economy can keep going, having Australia eliminate the virus and keep the international border closed is going to be way better for The Economy than having us chug along like America or Europe with a constant death toll and plummeting consumer confidence. I don't think it's unreasonable to open to foreign students as long as they do their two weeks quarantine, and I don't think two weeks is particularly onerous if you're here for a full semester or year (as opposed to tourists).

The most galling part is when he says Australia has become a "victim of its own success" because it's been eliminated in 6 states and now people have that "expectation." So basically, the plebs have figured out that they don't actually have to sacrifice their lives just because the captains of industry want them to. What a disaster.

Letting people die is a short term solution aka the only acceptable answer.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Surprised they didn't do it sooner seeing as their test-case with the Uighurs worked and resulted in zero actual international action.

Not true, we imported a lot of their slave made goods while playing tough about diplomacy.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Well, yeah, we don't want to sell Telstra a half finished product.

I guess that fabled wireless technology must be working out.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The image implies that the uk is the child in this metaphor?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

realbez posted:

Umbilical cords come out of children’s belly buttons

That's a big child.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Pretty accurate.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Laserface posted:

The best joke shorten ever pulled was convincing anyone he was worth voting for

Maybe not, considering he lost.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

freebooter posted:

It's pretty funny that we renamed an agency BORDER FORCE and poured all that money into it and gave its agents spiffy jet-black police state uniforms and then when we had a genuine emergency relating to the borders we punted it to Serco

The free market is just more efficient.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I just wanna put another shrimp on the barbie for god's sake.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The USA requires massive voter disenfranchisement to get their terrible results while we choose to be lovely.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Aren't we all.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Maybe the abc didn't get the memo.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Homora Gaykemi posted:

can't believe that the morning shows that have been implicit in Pauline's return because her hideous poo poo drove ratings would go out of their way to manufacture situations where her hideous poo poo could further drive their ratings

Only in Australia, folks.

Oh, and the USA in 2016 I guess.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

hooman posted:

I see the cashless welfare card is being rolled out by the budget allocating money to be shovelled into someone's mates' cashless welfare card company.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I wanna live in one of countries that didn't do a lockdown, they seem pretty cool.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I don't know if the most generous social safety nets would work but neither party in our two party system would ever consider it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Senator Jacqui Lambie has warned Prime Minister Scott Morrison she will reveal the details of a secret deal made in order to win her support for the repeal of the so-called medevac law if he does not do so himself by the end of the year.

We'll see.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

scoff.gif at the idea of invading New Zealand leaners.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Anidav posted:

Surely no one believes that rich people avoid tax because it's too high.

Maybe undecided voters.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Remember Dutton's pre-spill pr campaign where the media used a quote from his wife saying he wasn't a monster?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

What is it about men trained to be killers that turns them into psychos?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Anidav posted:

The only way to stop crime is to treat everyone under 18 like a criminal.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Boomer pandering.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Pikehead posted:

I don't understand who that is aimed at. Surely Queensland voters can't be that stupid?

No, it's okay, I'll see myself out.

But seriously, that's 1950s level campaigning there. Are there going to be roving gangs of the lawless youth rampaging around inner city Brisbane followed by special curfew police?

I had a look around the Twitters and it seems legit?!?!?!?!?!?!

Special curfew officers doing strip-searches around the clock.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

thatbastardken posted:

qpol have standards.

please stop laughing.

Is it the usa standard where if you aren't a moron you can't become a cop?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

On the Gladys stuff:

Whilst she looks clearly guilty of a bunch of shady stuff. I have been surprisingly impressed with the lack of 'slut shaming' of Ms Berejiklian.

Given the shitshow we have as a media in this country, I would have expected all the coverage to be a breathless schoolyard "The Premier has a boyfriend!! She liked him and had a close emotional connection with him!!! OOOOOOH"

She's on the correct side of politics so the media can't touch her.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

How much of the LNP's budget fix is built around coal prices recovering?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Alternatively is there any way we could black out the sky ala The Matrix to make coal look like a better choice than solar?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is NSW still refusing to open the Victoria border?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Thankfully once auspost is privatised corruption will be a thing of the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is Morrison gonna hand him back all the money he spent even though he failed this time?