Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Shaggar posted:

daredevil season 1 is pretty good up until he gets the suit and it goes off the rails into goofy comic poo poo while retaining the previous dark tone.

also Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin [is good]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Watching the fallout show and loving the set/props, we’re not finished yet but enjoying the story well enough so far; I’m glad they included some of the weirdness and humor of the fallout universe and didn’t focus exclusively on the misery (though there’s plenty of that).

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

neosloth posted:

I really liked the fallout show but it’s almost impressive how much disdain they show towards the original games. I get that bethesda is the money maker but it all just feels spiteful.

Can you give some examples? I loved fallout 1 and 2 as a kid but haven’t played them in 20 years probably, but I’m reading old docs and the vaults being social experiments (for example) goes back to the original games, it just wasn’t as big a plot point as it is now

Vault tec corp morphing from “the company that made the vaults” to “the company that controls America” is a shift I agree but what else?

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

polyester concept posted:

the fred armisen bit felt like it was straight out of portlandia and it kinda felt out of place for a gag in fallout, but I still laughed

I thought it was great, especially the booby traps and the “no requests” sign

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

neosloth posted:

I think it was implied yeah but it was always supposed to be ambiguous. I mostly didn’t like how the show handled it but it’s not a huge issue

Im mostly talking about shady sands being nuked. NCR is supposed to be a mostly functioning government across several cities but the show implies that one nuke sent the entire west coast back into mad max.

it makes sense though, what bethesda want from the franchise is fundamentally incompatible with fo1/2/nv having the wasteland be an already rebuilt world

oh, I didn’t mind that. I never saw the NCR as this super stable government even in fallout 2 (after all you could walk outside the city and basically do whatever, sure there was a karma system but getting into gunfights was pretty common. I could see a nuke or two wiping out that nascent government.

I’m just happy they set it in California, since most of the new games are on the east coast.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

The games are pretty fun you should try them out, my wife started playing fallout 4 just to explore the different vaults

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

there are several promising fallout tc mods being made but the only island one is fallout: london

i'm legitimately excited to see the work they put in. the next-gen update coming soon caused them to push back the release to ??? because fo:london was planning to release the 23rd and bethesda decided now was the time to announce their update for the 25th. the trailers have been promising, though, and it (and other tc mods) have gotten general nods from bethesda to keep on keeping on

It’s hard to imagine the fallout universe anywhere but America

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Duh that’s where I park my dragula

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

When you miss that 95% shot

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

A milkie gif with "please stop posting" as 1s fire into the wall

Milkie gif with the dog face in place of “please stay calm” and the guy is a 5

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

I don't remember this episode of where are they now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

The Fool posted:

dc animated stuff is good, the batman tas, batman beyond, and the justice league stuff all great

Batman tas is the only Batman I like it’s so good