Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

qirex posted:

speaking of fincher "the killer" was strange as hell
the plot was so thin.
but it was still enjoyable. Fassbender reading the phonebook in his neo-noir character voice over would be enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

haveblue posted:

hot take: revolutions is better than reloaded

does anyone actually reliably remember which name is 2 and which is 3?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

neat insight about 2049, but idk if i can agree with this characterization of the first movie:

i've seen all sorts of editions of blade runner and i'm not sure where she's getting this from. why would a replicant with adult memories pass the test? where is this even mentioned?

the confirmed replicant with adult memories - Rachel - who takes the VK test does in fact fail. although Deckard requires more than the usual number of questions in order to get a conclusive result.
the corporation are working towards a goal of replicants who would be indistinguishable from human and so would pass. but they are not there yet.

faulty recollection on the part of the article's author?

that is interesting about the behind-the-scenes of BR2049 though.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

jammyozzy posted:

Ever since I had Tom Cruise running pointed out to me it makes me smile when I see one of his films, it's like a visual Wilhelm Scream

I've not seen any of the MI films since the first one.
what is it about Tom Cruise running that I've been missing?

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

quote:

“I’m a strong believer that when it’s not in the movie, it’s dead,” he told Collider before “Dune: Part Two” opened in theaters. “Sometimes I remove shots and I say, ‘I cannot believe I’m cutting this out. I feel like a samurai opening my gut. It’s painful, so I cannot go back after that and create a Frankenstein and try to reanimate things that I killed. It’s too painful. When it’s dead, it’s dead, and it’s dead for a reason. But yes, it is a painful project, but it is my job. The movie prevails. I’m very severe in the editing room. I’m not thinking about my ego, I’m thinking about the movie. … I kill darlings, and it’s painful for me.”

There will be no extended versions.