Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lid posted:

Sean O'Haire > Shungo Oyama > Carlos Newton > Pete Spratt > Robbie Lawler > Melvin Manhoef > Mark Hunt > Derrick Lewis > Francis Ngannou > Derrick Lewis

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I think shutting the Wrestle Queerdom thread after one (admittedly loving terrible, should've eaten a probe) bad post was probably a bit premature. I don't think people are really done talking about it, and it'll just spill out into other venues, most likely the social media thread that it originally span off of.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the reason the thread was made in the first place was because there was a lot happening all at once, if discussion begins crowding out the indie wrestling or social media threads again, it can be reopened. But it seemed that the trickle of actual new news had slowed to me. (but I will admit to have not been following it too closely)

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
way too early to close the thread, lots of stuff still coming out, one poster who's barely interested should not be the authority on the matter

please re-open it

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
drop this in there when you do, tia

https://twitter.com/JoanJetsonRCS/status/1557511628014243840?s=20&t=RivdQqbfQuleQF6576hVSA
https://twitter.com/JoanJetsonRCS/status/1557511642430132225?s=20&t=RivdQqbfQuleQF6576hVSA

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

trios tournament predictions for ik. might be too late. nvm. i'm listening to kenny omega's theme song too much and got pumped up

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cavauro posted:

trios tournament predictions for ik. might be too late. nvm. i'm listening to kenny omega's theme song too much and got pumped up

i dig this

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

are you ready to poo! are you ready for piss!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cavauro posted:

Feedback: the forum is ready for a new wrestling hunger games thread. go ahead and run it.

Sorry, I don't read the feedback thread that often but here's some feedback to your feedback:

My work duties have changed and I'm experiencing severe creative burnout so I probably couldn't write another season to the standards of the previous 5, but if someone else wants to run one they'd have my full support.

It really does mean a lot that you remembered and liked it though!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

way too early to close the thread, lots of stuff still coming out, one poster who's barely interested should not be the authority on the matter

please re-open it

I still think that the glut of stories that caused the thread to be opened in the first place have slowed to a point where the updates can just be put in the indie thread (for details of the actual show and the failures there) or the wrestling social media thread (for the dumb twitter drama, if that must be discussed), but sure whatever.

Cavauro posted:

its a good idea.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
ik contest thread: please disseminate as is appropriate

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4009711

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

if i win and don’t want to be ik can i nominate one instead

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

if i win and don’t want to be ik can i nominate one instead

I will accept that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If I win can I nominate jesus WEP?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yea

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

karmicknight posted:

sure whatever.

thank you

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Thanlis posted:

I can probably automate that. Give me a week or so.

I haven't forgotten about this, it's just a pain in the rear end trying to parse through all the ways we specify matches. But I'm pretty close:

code:
% ./scrape-video.py
Match: MOTYC: Konosuke Takeshita vs. "Speedball" Mike Bailey - WCPW '93 Til Infinity 6/10
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0MlLCCmaTw

Match: HM: Laredo Kid vs. Taurus vs. Willie Mack, AAA Gira Aniversario XXX, March 13 -
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8zVo9wdtrg

Match: HM 20th February Sendai Girls Acceleration Night 3 Miyuki Takase & Ryo Mizunami vs Reiwa Ultima Powers (DASH Chisako & Hiroyo Matsumoto)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5H6j_KnCg

Match: MOTYC 20th February Sendai Girls Acceleration Night 3 Sendai Girls Tag Team Titles Team 200kg (Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu) vs Manami & Mika Iwata
Video: https://youtu.be/9rQ7-5ZWWPo
If anyone has other video URL patterns I should be looking for let me know, that'd be helpful. I have YouTube, Twitch, and I know I need to go back and look at all of forkboy's posts because he knows all the Japanese video hosts.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't have that stuff but you are cool. 5 free points in the IK game to Thanlis. Congratulations

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

being made a mod for winning a contest seems more like wishing slow burn insanity on someone instead of giving them a prize it's just mean

you never come out the other side the same person you were when you went in

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the ik dont actually have any real powers & dont really have to do anything

just like our real mods :v:

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 12, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Thanlis posted:

I haven't forgotten about this, it's just a pain in the rear end trying to parse through all the ways we specify matches. But I'm pretty close:

code:
% ./scrape-video.py
Match: MOTYC: Konosuke Takeshita vs. "Speedball" Mike Bailey - WCPW '93 Til Infinity 6/10
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0MlLCCmaTw

Match: HM: Laredo Kid vs. Taurus vs. Willie Mack, AAA Gira Aniversario XXX, March 13 -
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8zVo9wdtrg

Match: HM 20th February Sendai Girls Acceleration Night 3 Miyuki Takase & Ryo Mizunami vs Reiwa Ultima Powers (DASH Chisako & Hiroyo Matsumoto)
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5H6j_KnCg

Match: MOTYC 20th February Sendai Girls Acceleration Night 3 Sendai Girls Tag Team Titles Team 200kg (Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu) vs Manami & Mika Iwata
Video: https://youtu.be/9rQ7-5ZWWPo
If anyone has other video URL patterns I should be looking for let me know, that'd be helpful. I have YouTube, Twitch, and I know I need to go back and look at all of forkboy's posts because he knows all the Japanese video hosts.

The major ones that I check when I want to share something are VK.com, archive.org (for real, a whole host of 2022 poo poo has started turning up there, including episodes of Dynamite & Rampage), youku.com. BilliBilli is also worth checking although the specific account I followed stopped uploading new stuff.

Orange Carlisle posted:

being made a mod for winning a contest seems more like wishing slow burn insanity on someone instead of giving them a prize it's just mean

you never come out the other side the same person you were when you went in

The sole responsibility of an IK who won a competition is comedy sixers

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sometimes they change thread titles

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I once threadbanned myself as an IK. It was for the better.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

The major ones that I check when I want to share something are VK.com, archive.org (for real, a whole host of 2022 poo poo has started turning up there, including episodes of Dynamite & Rampage), youku.com. BilliBilli is also worth checking although the specific account I followed stopped uploading new stuff.

Perfect, thanks!

quote:

Match: MOTYC 9th January Stardom New Year Stars Night 2 Goddesses Of Stardom Titles AliKaba (Giulia & Syuri) vs FWC (Hazuki & Koguma)
Video: https://m.vk.com/video-4499945_456247719?list=1498324bb375f84b6a&from=wall-4499945_20514

Match: HM 6th February OZ Academy Complete Control At Osaka OZ Academy Tag Team Titles Hiroyo Matsumoto & Rina Yamashita vs Mei Suruga & Momoka Hanazono
Video: https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTg0MDQ5NzA3Mg

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

*Ahem* I would like to bring forth to my fellow posters, that 24 hours for poking fun, 24 hours after the offending post, forgotten by everyone, may be too long, especially on today of all days, the biggest Dynamite ever. (as told by Jim Ross) It is just my opinion, I know many will be satisfied, some will even say that it was too short a time. I would just like it given some thought, if possible. Please, serious posting only, or Brut will whoop all of our asses.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Another awful probe to improve the thread!!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
24 hours may have been a bit long but that was a needlessly rear end-y post, it deserved a probe In My Opinion.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

As the person that post was about I just want it known that NienNumb sent me a very nice apology a little bit afterwards and I sent Karmic a PM saying I don't think a prob was needed.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I can agree that it was perhaps not the most tactful, nor a nice thing to say. It hurt the feelings of one Shard, and we would like to make everyone feel welcome, no matter how many Kidd Bandit tweets they post. It is specifically the length that I would take umbrage with, and perhaps could be rectified. It is, after all, the Biggest Dynamite Ever (as told by Jim Ross). I think 6-12 hours with that obnoxious purple bar would be enough to make NienNunb think it through next time he tries to be a little Turd from hell.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Shard posted:

As the person that post was about I just want it known that NienNumb sent me a very nice apology a little bit afterwards and I sent Karmic a PM saying I don't think a prob was needed.

This is really beautiful to hear. This community continues to impress in ways beyond even my reach.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Our Kidd Bandit posters are our greatest resource and must be protected. But if NN apologized and Shard is okay with it I would agree that a reduction so that NN can be around for The Biggest Dynamite Ever would probably be a net positive for the subforum.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I saw it as a joke about shard posting about kidd bandit fairly often (not a bad thing, people should be able to post about things they enjoy as much as they'd like) and didn't even see it as being a dunk attempt and more of a harmless comment but I can see how it could be interpreted that way

either way a sixer probably would have done the trick if a probe couldn't be avoided but I don't know if there was further context there

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Free NN

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I take all the hours NN has probated me and substract them from their time.

E: drat, it was only three times? Feels like more.
Anyway, that's 18 hours right there.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

yea ok posted:

I can agree that it was perhaps not the most tactful, nor a nice thing to say. It hurt the feelings of one Shard, and we would like to make everyone feel welcome, no matter how many Kidd Bandit tweets they post. It is specifically the length that I would take umbrage with, and perhaps could be rectified. It is, after all, the Biggest Dynamite Ever (as told by Jim Ross). I think 6-12 hours with that obnoxious purple bar would be enough to make NienNunb think it through next time he tries to be a little Turd from hell.

I agree. I will attempt to have it cut to 12 hours.

Actually, with the private apology, the attempt will be to get it removed as soon as possible.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The system works. Thank you for the quick response, and for your open mind.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

yea ok posted:

The system works. Thank you for the quick response, and for your open mind.

*putting away the grappling hook and loose sticks of tnt I didnt get to use in springing NN out of posting jail with a really disappointed look on my face*

yeah.... the system works, I guess........

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

karmicknight posted:

I agree. I will attempt to have it cut to 12 hours.

Actually, with the private apology, the attempt will be to get it removed as soon as possible.

well played

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

To quote our World Heavyweight Champion, "The apology should be as loud as the disrespect"

Free the man before Dynamite tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

can't post an apology when you're probed

jokes aside if people personally apologized even via PM more often we could abolish probations altogether and let freedom ring