Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

Can I get your thoughts on if the posts here created an environment that enabled someone to send a death threat they otherwise wouldn’t have?

im thinking it was probably The Other Forum on here that he frequents that by coincidence seems to have to regularly ban users for posting death threats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

can we have a moratorium on some of the really dumb played out catchphrases here? the john cena exchange and adam cole is short and john silver is a 29 year old little boy bits are just incredibly unfunny and just bad posting outright

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

This is modspeak for "I'm going away so i won't get owned anymore"

dude, shut up

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i still think whining about six hour probations is the dumbest thing in the world.

go do some pushups, go build a deck of cards, god knows your life is probably better taking a break from an internet message board for a couple of hours.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

What? coming into a conversation to declare the conversation that doesn’t concern you is a waste of time does what exactly? If you’re so above it you should stay there! Maybe you should go do push ups!

It’s just i’d rather not see harmless, funny and kind posters here have to feel like they’re targeted. If both people were probated okay, because only one was and the rationalization was basically a personal attack it isn’t cool or fair in my opinion. If you don’t have an opinion that’s fine, I do.

im not saying the argument is a waste of time just that sixers aren't the overbearing punishment they're made out to be. i think cav is a harmless sometimes funny poster, probably shouldnt have been probated, but it's not the biggest deal in the world if he's just put in time out for a little bit. this is a message board, it's not life or death.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i kind of feel like we have outgrown SAS and could probably split off into our own forum proper in The Finer Arts

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

two fight islands, Fight Island Hollywood and Fight Island Wolfpac

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

congrats brut & karmicknight!!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

don't replace the TNA tag, just add this one too.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Is Yukaichiban an Ichiban alt because I only seem to have noticed Yukai trying to start poo poo across multiple threads whenever Ichiban has been banned/probed
no, they're a different bad poster that collocation brought here

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ichibahn wouldn't use an alt anyway the guy takes pride in being The Worst Poster

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i don't think this thread should be used to witch hunt posters.

but yukaichiban, never post here again.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Orange Carlisle posted:

Our current subforum name isn't good especially if you have no idea what puro is

if you dont know what puro is dont post here.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nothing should change imo.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

homegrown puro is forbidden

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cant believe dpph is dead again

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

I was curious about when our non USA pals watch AEW and learned many watch the next day, and a poster mentioned they stay off the forums entirely because the AEW thread title contains spoilers often. I think we should be mindful to keep spoilers out of thread titles so people can still join discussion in other threads.

I know there’s already debates about what constitutes a spoiler and people’s tolerance to them etc, and I honestly can’t remember the last few thread names so I have no specific feedback about it unfortunately, but I think it’s something to be mindful of!
no.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

didnt rarity have a retro thread for a bit

e: right there lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

karmic who plastered the curse of ohio on you

I'll get them

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

for those curious who they were i backtraced their posting patterns with someone i suspected of being behind the account and i can now confirm the account belongs to a piece of poo poo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i do not think they will be posting here in the future anyway.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im not reading the last 4 pages but please keep failass takes and shite people out of the enclosed pool area, where chris benoit definitely didn't do it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3976140

its made and being tracked by an irl wager tracker (me)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i never use the app. my eyes are fine.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Royal Updog posted:

Suggesting "Pumpkin Pagoda" for seasonal forum name

i like this

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i like fright island as a temporary name

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

punchsport paghoula

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

are we talking about danielson vs page being a 60 minute time limit draw as the spoiler in question or is this more hiromu takahashi winning the best of the super juniors?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Dec 16, 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im not walking on eggshells to discuss wrestling when it airs. if i miss out and dont want the results spoiled before i can watch matches, i dont go to the forum that discusses the results and aftermath of those matches before i watch.

talking about something that hasnt aired yet? thats a spoiler, perfectly reasonable to be upset about if that result gets out. talking about a match thats been built to for over a month with a clearly advertised and posted time when said match is going to occur, in the most popular promotion of the forum in the immediate hours following the match? no, that's not a spoiler.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rick posted:

Like 35% of the country gets the west coast feed if they have cable so for TV stuff it hasn't aired and they don't have a legal way of having watched it yet.

i live on the west coast. dynamite airs live.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dont consider it a spoiler. the same way when if i want to keep up with new japan, dragon gate, noah, ddt, etc i have to stay up til 3 am, much like our european posters do to keep up with north american promotions, i acknowledge if i cant watch when the event takes place, its on me to avoid reading the forum until i can make time to watch the show i couldn't stay up for. if you decide to browse the motyc thread on jan 5th knowing full well when the tokyo dome shows are, thats 100% on you.

its not my call to reprimand other posters for freely talking about what a kickass match i missed because i decided to check the forum hours after a highly anticipated sumo hall show takes place. keeping it out of thread titles thats the prerogative of the OP and i would agree to keep thread titles neutral, but i think its ridiculous to decide that we have to black bar entire conversations when discussing an event that has aired, especially when its an event thats been highly advertised for a while.

do i think that we should be considerate in thread titles and keeping threads on topic? yes. do i think we should be spoiler tagging results that have aired lives in avenues where they are expected to be free reign to discuss? no.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Brut posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? Discussion does not happen in thread titles. Don't put spoilers in thread titles, it's really simple.

you just edited my post discussing a match that aired 7 hours ago and a tournament that ended 3 days ago

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

agree op, once youre in a thread all bets are off

i think the posters should be able to self moderate to keep threads on topic. if you're in the calcio storico thread probably dont post about unrelated rampage results while you're in there.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

So what you're saying is you agree with me and Iggy and you're just being a douche for no reason?

i agree in that posters can and should exercise courtesy and keep discussion of topics in the appropriate threads but i don't agree that they should be called spoilers or be tagged when discussed in those spaces.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the social media and bad takes threads should both be gassed if we're being honest.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

at least we all agree

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IGgy IGsen posted:

I just like to look at people dumber than me sometimes.

thats what we keep games and qcs around for.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the bad takes thread should be used to keep track of absolute weirdos and freaks like mikekurtz, not twitter eggs with 3 followers engaging with troll accounts because they like wwe over aew. especially not troll accounts like girloncinema because they're obviously grifting for clicks, just dont give them the exposure, it's not even funny when they're just saying stupid poo poo to get a rise out of people. if the thread is kept it should be to curate actually funny content, not to be an outlet for lid's doomscrolling addiction.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i just go to white castle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

karmicknight posted:

So here is where I am at, the bad takes thread can be very funny when it's either birdbrained weirdos or people doing absolutely off the wall bits, but the main point is that you think it is funny to see the post there. It is a place where if you aren't at least sensibly chuckling at a thing posted in it, you are doing it wrong.

I am prepared, and very excited, to enforce that standard if people would like it.

thats where my mindset is