Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Before EPA got made I thought it was a poo poo idea because the justification was basically "I want to make jokes on a wrestling forum and not be told that Jericho is a Trumper" but now I post there and enjoy posting about wrestling on a forum for the first time in a long time and this somehow also made me more active on PSP itself.

Clearly, the only solution is a third wrestling forum for getting mad at the two others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Hedgehog Pie posted:

For the record, I was never against TEPA, rather it's just that I'm not funny enough to post there. Which has been confirmed by my posts in TEPA.

If I felt any pressure to be funny I'd never make any posts anywhere. I'm not kidding. It's mostly just chill most of the time. It's kind of like a pro-wrestling imp-zone that's also like a pro-wrestling BYOB. It's more like, most with love and if you are funny while doing that it's a bonus.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

I still want the mods to change the forum name to Punksport Pagoda in honor of his return.

You know you want to.

Do it.

Finally something everyone can agree on.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Royal Updog posted:

Suggesting "Pumpkin Pagoda" for seasonal forum name

Or maybe "Bloodsport Pagoda"
Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if I only thought of this because it was already used in the past.

Could also be straight-up Halloween Havok

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

On one hand, I want to believe that we can all separate the Undertaker from Mark Callaway. But then again, I also wouldn't want to associate with Hulk Hogan despite him not being Terry Bollea. Ah well.

Just call it the Dungeon of Doom, then.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

a cyborg mug posted:

Could we not put direct spoilers in thread titles right after a show happens? I’m gonna guess I’m not the only one who opens this forum to check the MOTYC thread to see what people think of a show before watching it on VOD. Me being an idiot and opening the corresponding thread and getting spoiled is one thing, getting spoiled immediately just clicking the forum open is another. Thanks

Yes. I would hope no one thinks it's a great idea to put spoilers in titles. Apparently, I'm wrong.

Thankfully I'm weird enough to have this thread bookmarked and decided to click on it before looking at the PSP index. So whatever it is, I'm safe. For now.

E: lol never mind, went to the wrestling questions thread. Foolish of me to use the internet before watching a wrestling show. At least now I can safely go to Twitter and the other hives of spoilers and villainy.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Dec 16, 2021

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

are we talking about danielson vs page being a 60 minute time limit draw as the spoiler in question or is this more hiromu takahashi winning the best of the super juniors?
Please, kindly gently caress off. Even if those are fake spoilers, which I can't be sure about, that poo poo is not funny.

E: I think you probably just forgot the tags or something instead of doing it out of malice, at least I hope so.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Dec 16, 2021

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

im not walking on eggshells to discuss wrestling when it airs. if i miss out and dont want the results spoiled before i can watch matches, i dont go to the forum that discusses the results and aftermath of those matches before i watch.

talking about something that hasnt aired yet? thats a spoiler, perfectly reasonable to be upset about if that result gets out. talking about a match thats been built to for over a month with a clearly advertised and posted time when said match is going to occur, in the most popular promotion of the forum in the immediate hours following the match? no, that's not a spoiler.

Yeah, no, you're being a dick.

Finding an unmarked spoiler in a thread to discuss that promotion in particular is fair game. Even in the MOTYC thread I don't mind, but in a thread title or a completely unrelated thread not so much. I really can't stay up till 4am to watch a show that begins at 2am for me when I have to work the next day. Trust me, I'd love to, it's really fun. But I gotta pay the bills to watch the wrestling.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

do i think that we should be considerate in thread titles and keeping threads on topic? yes. do i think we should be spoiler tagging results that have aired lives in avenues where they are expected to be free reign to discuss? no.

Yes, I completely agree. I'm glad we do.

Then what is your point here exactly? Because no one's saying no one should talk about the match until the entire world has seen it. But it's reasonable not to expect results so soon after a show in unrelated threads. Or the index of the forum in a thread title.

I go to the AEW thread? Yeah, that's on me, I'm a massive idiot for thinking to get away spoiler-free here.

The social media thread? my bad, but I know the risks.

Bad takes thread? Should have known better.

Feedback thread? Mmmmmh. Yeah, no, you're being a dick for no reason at all. You seem like a cool dude normally, but come on.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I just like to look at people dumber than me sometimes.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I don't know what the title was because I didn't see it but I assume it was something involving the word draw------ or something similar. Which yeah, makes me assume it's the result of a match and there's one obvious candidate if you know the card and it got more obvious the longer it got..

It was a bummer that that got spoiled for me. Could have been the thread title, but I didn't even look at any threads until I saw an unmarked spoiler in this thread. And no I don't want Stone Cold to be punished in any way nor am I gonna hold a grudge over wrestling. Plus we gave him enough poo poo for one day. It could have easily been the thread title, though. ButI also don't want MrT to get called to a meeting with the CEO. Just maybe people could be more careful with spoilers that are only a few hours old in places where everyone can see it and no one expects it.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Cody Rhodes burns.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Nea posted:

For real we should maybe consider getting rid of the bad takes thread, though. I say this as someone who reads it, a lot. I enjoy it sometimes but more than I enjoy it I spend time getting mad at other people online- I find it compulsive to hateread, and overall it's absolutely bad for me, and I can't imagine I'm the only one here who that's the case for.

It doesn't help to enjoy our hobby to be miring in the opinions of assholes on it, forever.

I don't think it's a good idea to remove the containment thread for bad takes. Because people will still post them. Just more spread out. If you find the thread "compulsive to hateread" that that seems more like something you should work on than anything the forums moderation should take care of. When I find a thread that may be bad for me I just don't click on it. Sometimes I don't want to look at the thread either so I don't. Hell, sometimes I tune out of the normally benign AEW thread because people have weird-rear end takes about wrestlers sometimes or the wrestling questions thread whenever it devolves into people googling match records and stuff for other people. There's many reasons for why you might want to tune out for a bit. So just do that.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

This isn't about "don't read it if you don't want to" it's about "help I am compelled to read this and I cannot stop, please gas the thread"

In general I think more small threads are better than a handful of big threads but that's neither here nor there.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Not sure how we got here but it looks like on this forum we have people mad at social issues and people mad at people mad at social issues insisting they are not the ones who are mad. I think the solution to the problem is to create a better world.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

agreed

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Karma Tornado posted:

there's a difference between somebody posting their feelings about whatever in a discussion thread and the compulsion to go "time to search Twitter for some specific terms to see if some two follower nobody with a username ending in eighty numbers has bad thoughts about it so I can share them with others for some reason," which is like eighty percent of the bad takes zone, sometimes followed by other people drilling into Marcus1837320's tweet history to discover that they not only don't like AEW, they also don't think vaccines work. it's just hunting for reasons to be mad.

constantly feeding a cycle of being mad at social media users you would never actually be exposed to otherwise is a giant waste of time and energy.

I'm mostly laughing, actually.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Mmmh. I think both sides have good points.
Let's ban everyone.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Rarity posted:

I have a Twitter but never use it which I think means I squeak by

All right, how do you feel about being the only poster here?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Man, I haven't had a micro burg in some time, maybe I'll go to the store tomorrow and buy some in time for christmas.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Are you saying we should have higher standards than Dave Meltzer?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Mmh, yeah that seems like a good way to handle it, but maybe communicating it properly first would be good as well. Like, put it in the op and stuff (unless it's already there and I missed it)

Only nerds read this thread so I can't hold it against anyone for not knowing since it was always just tolerated before.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

disaster pastor posted:

Or maybe just start a fresh thread with the rule in place.

Also a great idea. The current one is getting kinda old.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I got two hands. I can flip off bigots with my strong arm (left) and people who spoil wrestling results to me on purpose with the other (right) at the same time and manage the power of the gently caress yous appropriately. It's kind of amazing what our anatomy lets us do.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

authentic suggestion: retain niennunb as an ik here when the enclosed pool area is put down

Yeah, honestly. Despite our differences in posting philosophy and opinions on the severity of wrestling spoilers there's only few people I'd rather be probated by for my great/horrible posts than NienNunb.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I wasn't so sure anymore after a while because they quietly dropped the RSF from the subforum's name (Unless I'm imagining it was there at the start. But I'm pretty sure.) and then opened another RSF that got removed again after like a month or so. But people got about as much out of TEPA as they can, probably. For the time being. Maybe it'll be resurrected one day for some reason, who knows?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Penguin Patrol posted:

seems that's the purpose it was serving if it was keeping the jerkoff content quarantined, doesn't mean we need to find a new home for that poo poo all of a sudden

Have you... like... uh... ever looked at the Enclosed Pool Area??? Or even just the jerk-off thread? What do you think was happening in EPA exactly?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I originally thought TEPA was gonna suck but once I got over my irrational dislike for uh... I don't even know, to be honest, I had a lot of fun posting there. It's extremely weird to me that people get mad about the jack-off thread now like it wasn't all shits and giggles rather than jizz. It's kind of funny how people point at it and go "big yikes" now.

The place is gone now. Just leave us alone with our memories (of who we definitely for real jacked off to.)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Sandman McMahon posted:

One of my last posts in the other forum was a statement that I had never clicked on the jack off thread, literally out of fear. But then other posters posted that I SHOULD click on the jack off thread, they said it wasn't that bad. So I DID click on the jack off thread, and do you know what I found? Names.
That's it.

it was like a horror movie, my imagination a thousand times worse than the reality could ever be. I filled in all the blanks with the most horrible thoughts, but in the end it was just... names...

and do you know what I realized?

Since the beginning, from the very start, the horrible thoughts were inside me all along. Its me Austin. It was me. all. along.

I'm sorry we put you through this but I we only did it because we knew it would make you grow.

As a person.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I approve of this.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

the worst thread from the epa reborn in psp

It was good, actually. Most of the time. Okay, some of the time.
Then they moved it to GBS.

The PSP iteration is kinda a mess so far, though. I do believe it can be salvaged but I'm not willing to do that much work.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Okay, I gassed the thread.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Benne posted:

Literally why did anyone think that thread would be a good idea

It could have easily been a fun thread. But it wasn't. I've rarely seen a thread crash this fast.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

While we're at it, can we bring back vinceflex? I don't even want to post it, I'd just like the freedom to do so.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

You can still use a second or third word in a compound word as part of an abbreviation. There's no rules against it. In fact, that's normal.

You can also just say PP instead when you're mad.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Fangin' and Bangin'

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Fire Pro Posting Returns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Are you telling me they don't want to talk about DPW? The hot new indy where Kidd Bandit, the next big thing and bane of those who are afraid of the ~meme wrestlers~, can be seen performing.

I would say Calvin Tankman, who's way cooler, but he's in GCW too.