Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I don't even care about Loken. How can someone with his backstory be so loving boring

Fair, I like Loken but he was far from my favorite story thread going on. The whiplash I'd feel from "Yes, YES!" to "No, NOO!" when it would go from a Nassir Amit POV to Oll or something was constant. Now that HH/SoT is done I've been going through the Dawn of Fire books and it's been pretty okay, even the Gav Thorpe one was fine.

Edit: snipe, so an on-topic Content. A book club review of the early on worst Horus Heresy novel from Arbitor Ian.

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Nazzadan posted:

Fair, I like Loken but he was far from my favorite story thread going on. The whiplash I'd feel from "Yes, YES!" to "No, NOO!" when it would go from a Nassir Amit POV to Oll or something was constant.

Edit: snipe, so an on-topic Content. A book club review of the early on worst Horus Heresy novel from Arbitor Ian.

God, Ben Counter. He wrote some right old shite for 40k.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I think people are supposed to like his Soul Drinkers novels, but his 2 outings in the Horus Heresy were mid-to-awful

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless

Kunster posted:

Did you laugh when he complained about you, the viewer, for not being cognizant of said points when talking to others about his work. Like, of all things to complain about!

It’s wild to me that Quinton makes these 8 hour slogs that digress hardcore from the central point, and then is annoyed when people mostly treat them as background noise to pass the time. That’s not even getting into how it’s rare that insulting your audience is ever a good look.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
A bit late, but sometimes with games the suffering is the point.

Hell, I love how in pathologic 2, in order to get the pistol you have to go on a murdering spree, sell some organs and basically make everyone hate you and attack you on sight.

Meanwhile if you don't try and fight everything you basically don't even need a weapon or to engage with the (seemingly deliberately) terrible combat.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

40K mostly kind of boxing off their factions from one another outside of shoot stab is one of the things that always made me like Fantasy way more.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the worst thing about 20 years of sexual abuse happening to children behind closed doors is that nobody respects my youtube videos

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

That Youtuber is back to streaming themselves remaking PT in Dreams live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60-nMIcrRD8

This is what it looks like with all the event triggers and effects and whatnot:

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 27, 2024

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

the worst thing about 20 years of sexual abuse happening to children behind closed doors is that nobody respects my youtube videos

they hate him because he spoke the truth

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm gonna be trying out dreams again this week on the creation side, i only ever played other people's creations to this point and never tried modeling characters or putting a scene together

although my ambitions are very low, i'm just trying to spoof the 'infinite hams/seinfeld' streams so i only really need to render a couple of characters walking back and forth and maybe very slowly sitting in a chair

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Endorph posted:

also the writing they did for vampire survivors is genuinely some of the worst writing ive ever read

why did they add writing at all, the game is solely about watching numbers go up

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Sometimes good flavor text can add a lot

Good is important in this sentence

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

They already have Tyranids and Necrons and they'll probably get an Eldar-equivalent somewhere down the line

small point, the illuminate were Tau more than Eldar. New arrival into space, scientifically advanced

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

pentyne posted:

The punishment for Iconoclast is basically "materially improved the lives of your people, but in a century or so the Imperial Navy will come in and wipe you all out for heresy"

Should mention that the player can prevent the Imperial clapback from happening but it requires a long-term semi-secret quest and frankly an incredibly irresponsible amount of tech heresy.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

William SRD re-posted his review of Wraith the Oblivion - Afterlife (which is also kind of a review of the Wraith: The Oblivion TTRPG as well), wrapping up his look into three different World of Darkness video games. The original version got age restricted and he's trying to beat the youtube censorship bots, though I don't expect it to work that well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tNGOEOym7U

Dude puts in a lot of effort for such a small channel.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Nice, he's one of my favorite channels now for sure

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Annointed posted:

Thank you for the work you made. I enjoyed every video you made! I hope the future video making would be less demanding on your body.

very much appreciated friend :glomp:

tracecomplete posted:

Occasionally professional video engineer and bad-but-paid editor here: look into a trackball (for general pointer stuff) and a Shuttle Pro (for NLE work). I have RSI that flares up every time I'm working in Premiere with a mouse or even the trackball and my Shuttle is a lifechanger.

Some people also like spacemouses, but I never got the hang of those and they don't have enough buttons for me.

this is actually the first time i'm hearing about a shuttle, and i'm deeply fascinated :monocle:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Sydin posted:

Speaking of DD2 and ignoring all the weird fake drama around the DLC, how is it? Loved the original, and have been thinking about jumping into 2 once I've started to wind down on my Stardew 1.6 run. Are all the performance issues on PC legit gripes and, if so, is the PS5 version more solidly built?

It looks pretty, and I spent far too much time making a cat girl duo as my main + main pawn. But I keep forgetting this isn't Skyrim, and dying stupidly to water.

Also :lol: about the battle system. My experience so far: Fumbling around with my magic and then stopping awkwardly ten seconds later, realizing my pawns have already killed all enemies super-dead.

Tomorrow after work I'll have to switch my game to hard mode and reset the story, just so I can change the obnoxiously annoying voice I settled my pawn with, all so I don't have to pay 5k gold to edit that poo poo.

Also :lol: about the pawn system in general. Apparently, even just wanting a second self-created pawn means I have to play the game on secondary account and then "hire out" this second pawn to my first account.

I get wanting to limit the system, and sharing your weirdos around is cool. But a limit of just one (1) pawn of your own creation is a bit harsh, man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unless you plan on playing the second account you wouldn't get much from the second pawn because outside of your main pawn they don't level. So the idea is to be constantly changing your second and third pawn.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
yeah, I get this, I just wanted to make one more pawn, the last one I could have lived with as a constantly changing hireling

anyway, it's just one of the oddities of DD2 I'll have to live with, like the countless bandits suiciding into you in Skyrim (you'd think after the first 500 dead, news of the Dragonborn would travel around, but apparently not)

as I see it, each big RPG franchise has its own weird quirks, it's part of the experience

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Kunster posted:

Did you laugh when he complained about you, the viewer, for not being cognizant of said points when talking to others about his work. Like, of all things to complain about!

i did lol when he said he was summarizing episodes of icarly without mentioning anythign of substance for a reason

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Libluini posted:

It looks pretty, and I spent far too much time making a cat girl duo as my main + main pawn. But I keep forgetting this isn't Skyrim, and dying stupidly to water.

Also :lol: about the battle system. My experience so far: Fumbling around with my magic and then stopping awkwardly ten seconds later, realizing my pawns have already killed all enemies super-dead.

Tomorrow after work I'll have to switch my game to hard mode and reset the story, just so I can change the obnoxiously annoying voice I settled my pawn with, all so I don't have to pay 5k gold to edit that poo poo.

Also :lol: about the pawn system in general. Apparently, even just wanting a second self-created pawn means I have to play the game on secondary account and then "hire out" this second pawn to my first account.

I get wanting to limit the system, and sharing your weirdos around is cool. But a limit of just one (1) pawn of your own creation is a bit harsh, man.

The Art of Metamorphosis book you can buy for 500 rift crystals lets you edit your pawn's voice. Is there another reason you'd want to completely dump your save? If you need some more decent pawns, the DD2 thread is maintaining a big list you can pull from, or you can ask some people there to grab your pawn for a while if you need some rift crystals for the book.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
DD2 doesn't have a difficulty option, that was 1.

Wish it did, I wanna turn that poo poo up

cugel
Jan 22, 2010
Griffins are still fleeing bastards, so all is good.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Sydin posted:

Speaking of DD2 and ignoring all the weird fake drama around the DLC, how is it? Loved the original, and have been thinking about jumping into 2 once I've started to wind down on my Stardew 1.6 run. Are all the performance issues on PC legit gripes and, if so, is the PS5 version more solidly built?

I had a quest to rescue a child from wolves. So I killed a bunch of wolves and this child is just standing there screaming, in an adult man's voice, "THIS IS THE END FOR ME, I CANNOT GO ON MUCH LONGER" the entire time. Turned back into a chirpy kid when I killed the last of the wolves though. Walked him back towards town and like, less than a mile from town a gryphon swooped out of loving nowhere and bee-lined right for the kid's dome.

It's not Dragon's Dogma 2, it's Dragon's Dogma, Too. And it owns. But yeah however good or bad it runs on your console or pc it'll run worse in cities and towns.

Grondoth posted:

DD2 doesn't have a difficulty option, that was 1.

Wish it did, I wanna turn that poo poo up

There are multiple difficulty mods already. The game also has no serious anti-cheat or anything so you can just do whatever the gently caress you want if the game's annoying you.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Nuebot posted:

There are multiple difficulty mods already. The game also has no serious anti-cheat or anything so you can just do whatever the gently caress you want if the game's annoying you.

Oh gently caress! Hell yeah, I'm gonna go LOOKING
I wonder if there will be extra skill slot mods? I really miss those 2 extra slots as a wizzard

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 28, 2024

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they should add a difficulty option but the only change is the pawns call you gay more often

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Woke madness... Capcom charges $1.99 on the cash shop to have an NPC call you gay and volcel exactly one time. Who tf is buying this crap!?

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Mr Interweb posted:

this is actually the first time i'm hearing about a shuttle, and i'm deeply fascinated :monocle:

It good.

So's automation. You can do a lot with Premiere to cut down on the repetitive motions if it's similar work batched across a lot of clips, for example.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Grondoth posted:

Oh gently caress! Hell yeah, I'm gonna go LOOKING
I wonder if there will be extra skill slot mods? I really miss those 2 extra slots as a wizzard

I have no clue about extra skill slots but there's already a mod to improve warfarer. The game's been out for like, a week and people are already doing cool stuff with mods so I can only assume it'll get better.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they should add a difficulty option but the only change is the pawns call you gay more often

Difficulty mode raises the random encounter rate of gay people invading your home

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
Jeremy Parish's new NES Works video is one of his longest ever, and it's all about everyone's favourite bodacious dudes.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Endorph posted:

dragon's dogma 2 is a good game and it hits a lot of the same points as dd1 but i dont think it hits the weird high points dd1 had. its still cool that it exists tho

Yeah, they messed up not putting Into Free on the title screen. It is what it is.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I said this when they started playing DKC2, but I feel even more strongly with this: I have never been more excited to watch the boys do this gimmick

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD3Y1l8XyUw

the thought emporium learn to echolocate

and also their papyrus ikea mummy scrolls were so popular after like three limited runs that they’re now permanently in stock

they’re really nice. I bought a tricolor set from limited run #2. The IKEA man interpretation of Anubis is adorable

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

sorry to be a bitch but cant you just. learn echolocation

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
eChocolate? can't we just chocolate in person......

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
e-Cholos?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Why does it always seem to be like this with indie games

also late reply but when one of the gone home studio leads was revealed to be a huge misogynist there were multiple employees going 'yeah... we knew about this... but we didnt want to say anything as to not damage the representation of gone home, the first gay video game'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

also late reply but when one of the gone home studio leads was revealed to be a huge misogynist there were multiple employees going 'yeah... we knew about this... but we didnt want to say anything as to not damage the representation of gone home, the first gay video game'

it's wild how much praise Gone Home got, to the point of being treated like the Stonewall of video games, for having a reveal about having a narrative including a gay character.