Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Flying Zamboni posted:

For movies (and sometimes other stuff) I recommend adding The Armchair Auteur (Dominic Griffin) a guy who does pretty concise reviews of both current and older stuff and covers a fun range of genres.

A couple of videos that I think are pretty good:

second this, dom's vids are really good, i've been getting a lot out of them and he's been churning them out like crazy lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

JordanKai posted:

I might be mixing two things up here, but didn't the person who started that conversation have a tier on their Patreon which allowed the Patron to name any topic and they would start Discourse about it?

If so, I'm going to guess she wasn't talking in good faith. :ghost:

the idea of a patreon for discourse is some of the most loser poo poo ive ever heard of in my life

fun hater
May 24, 2009

is he....you know....[mimes eating eggs]

fun hater
May 24, 2009

lol

fun hater
May 24, 2009

internet personality kurt eichenwald

fun hater
May 24, 2009

why post that.....?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

tumblr is better than ever now bc everyone bonkers left for twitter ages ago. yesterday it was on fire bc the cw television show "supernatural" confirmed after like 12 years that a gay ship between two characters was canon and after the gay angel confessed his love to weirdly aggro protagonist he got covered in black cgi goop and went to turbo-hell, a hell worse than hell.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

im here with the hot goss on shows for 16 year olds

fun hater
May 24, 2009

based on the quality of the clip i saw, i really hope its for teens and not people with fully formed brains

fun hater
May 24, 2009

most people with passing knowledge of christian faith are not familiar with the concept of black goop hell 2

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its only fair that we study the source material. it is good that it is on youtube so it can be seen and shared with normal people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lCU__9ZXuA

fun hater
May 24, 2009

oh wow this guy needs like help help

e: this isnt like normal right-wing stuff this guy is not well. i hope he gets help

fun hater
May 24, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

it's so loving funny that they faked a girlfriend, then faked being catfished, just because they wanted to make some bargain basement "CHINESE PEOPLE???? WHAAAA?" jokes you can find at any lovely open mic.

you forgot the most important part: to talk about how big their dick is and how good they are at sex

fun hater
May 24, 2009

lmfao

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i love to see him hurt, personally. i relish it. im sick

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the blood frenzy should probably be broken up. i would like to see some videos please

fun hater
May 24, 2009

boob armor.....? i hardly even know 'er!!

fun hater
May 24, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

That's her secret, Captain, she was always Critical Theory 101. People just didn't realize it at the time :ssh:

this was my biggest problem with her project at its time of conception, because it seemed like a hysterically simplistic series of explanations on the most basic subjects explained to an audience that likely already agrees with her. i felt like it was vastly overstating the expected outcome/intent of the project (and the need for funding) ...but then it caused the a majority of the internet to become irrepairably deranged just by pointing these normal things out so boy my face is red

fun hater
May 24, 2009

wrong thread lol

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i havent seen a single bond movie in my life somehow. which one should i watch.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

There's no shadow government involved in believing in ghosts!

And a lot less racism as far as I've seen, even though it's weird that the ghosts are either evil and from like, 1980 or something at the latest. You don't see a lot of Roman or BC ghosts in stuff. At least I feel like you get defrosted caveman and then we jump to like, five decades back as far as that goes.

in fiction or in "real life"?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Feel like I don't see a ton of ghosts from way back in the past in fiction, I don't know about real life ghost hunters aside from the fact that youtube ghost hunter videos are kinda trainwrecks

i wonder if it's because it would require research....whereas a ghost from an era the author is familiar with would not

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i hadn't really thought about this until now. huh

fun hater
May 24, 2009

does anyone remember the name of that insanely bad ghost hunting show mike from rlm rambled about for like 20 mins once that sounded incredible.

e: it was ghost adventures lol its its own video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe_BT8gYAAA

fun hater fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 22, 2020

fun hater
May 24, 2009

henry cavill is like the concept of watching paint dry anthropomorphized

fun hater
May 24, 2009

"i wish the clown's reporting was more accurate" is a statement i now feel on a daily basis but it has never been more relevant than today

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

Is there more to the story? I love a good dish.

not really. i was erroneously credited in this video and so this is making me go insane specifically

fun hater
May 24, 2009

you guys see ads??? i only accidentally see them when i push the video to my tv while im making dinner or smth

e: no wait this reminded me of seeing a super long ad once on my boyfriends tablet after he fell asleep watching something. i just sort of dumbfoundedly turned it off for him filled with amazement someone would do that. i forgot about this entrirely until now.

fun hater fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Dec 11, 2020

fun hater
May 24, 2009

shakespeare i think is a bit obtuse to teach to anyone just by reading it. it's meant to be performed and when it's taught only by reading or writing about it it's missing an enormous chunk of the theater experience. the context the actor is bringing to the audience to help them make sense of the words being spoken is vital! its key!

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the current stte of the american populace is a extremely potent example of a country devoid of critical thinking skills or the ability to break down text and analyze it because instead they were hyper focused on being taught things a little piece of equipment everyone carries in their pocket can do. a little tragic.

e: i wasnt very adept at math growing up, but i could do it with some difficulty. many teachers told me "you have to learn this, you cant go around as an adult carrying around a calculator" and historically, very few people have ranked wronger than that.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

chud rules wtf. dont watch chud if you cant appreciate art ...

fun hater
May 24, 2009

that fallout 3 dlc where all you do is kill vr chinese people for an hour in what might as well be a rail shooter might be the worst dlc ive ever played in any game ever

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

So you never played Mothership Zeta?

im not even joking as soon as i posted that i thought "oh no mothership zeta" but at least i get to punch aliens which is the only nice thing i can say about it.

i have no idea why this video is age restricted but its related to aliens and fallout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr8SAAKhGVw

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i completely forgot about the quest where you end slavery at the lincoln memorial. i wish i was dead instead of remembering bad game

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Garrand posted:

GBorBB talk about a ridiculous Christmas movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga3skxdlk0k

i love bad movies but i found this very frustrating to watch lol. from the start, the part where they assume the composer is a chippendale because they googled his name and it was the first result was really weird. i dont know enough about the channel to know if that was a sincere suggestion or not.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

welcome back voidburger. thanks for the new stuff

fun hater
May 24, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

making this video after the events of last week and especially how mid/poo poo this whole thing was is just lame lol

i dont want to hear what youtube ppl have to say about politics ever in general

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the sopranos is very funny both on purpose and by accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxy-qjy_cGM

fun hater
May 24, 2009

JordanKai posted:

I think what Goobusters is trying to say is that there is such a large number of vaccines going unused (and in danger of going bad) that they'll vaccinate anyone so long as they show up.

yeah that's how i read it. i hadn't thought about that. maybe i'll call them and see if they'll take me just to get rid of some supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i love georgette, she's also been doing skits with a gentleman who seems all in on her wild poo poo and i love it. when this video popped into my feed for the first time all i could think about was what it would be like to be her neighbor and to just walk out to get the paper and see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYL3CrELtoo