Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ok Comboomer posted:

RLM thread having a normal one:

lol

every time I peek into that thread they're miserable about fuckin everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The IH thing just illustrates, aside from the fact that the guy's a scummy hack, that someone needs to collab with Mental Floss and Lucas Reilly to make an official audiobook reading of his Floyd Collins article.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

as a haruspex main gently caress Daniil Dankovsky

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nuebot posted:

It's just a really bad and unclear name for any genre. Also people whine about RPGs, and especially "RPG Mechanics" all the time. Earlier this year there was something of a huff about what a JRPG even is. Video game genres, in general, are just kind of poorly defined and categorized. It's pretty fun. Wizardry? An RPG. Wizardry Gaiden? JRPG. The Witcher; RPG. Dark Souls? JRPG. Legend of Zelda: Action-Adventure. Darksiders; hack and slash adventure. DMC? Character Action. Pathologic is an RPG though, apparently.

that's right

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

saw a terrormorph the other day. horrible creatures

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Grassy Knowles posted:

Youtube Nitpick: Anytime I walk away from the keyboard while playing youtube the next video will always end up being

1. Evermore vid from Jenny Nicholson
2. Line Goes Up from Folding Ideas
3. Vampire Diaries from Jenny Nicholson
4. AVGN full-season megavid

and I am so god damned tired of seeing any of these specific videos.

skill issue

but also, good taste

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

SpiritOfLenin posted:

clicked on one reddit post about Overly Sarcastic Productions, and the redditor was angry that the video he was critiquing said that wars are messy.

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/JoCat105/status/1736801862236746107?s=20

A few years after the fact since the release of Jocat's parody video of Boys, titled I Like Girls, a bunch of people got it in their heads that you have to be a creep to make a video like that. So they doxxed him and started stalking and harassing him and his family members irl

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hell, I also think we should be allowed to say trans rights

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Alaois posted:

please, for 5 minutes think about something other than elon musk

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It doesn't happen often, but sometimes someone reposts a funny joke that happens to have to be sourced from twitter and then someone brings up Elon Musk to shame someone for interacting with Twitter in any possible way and it makes me want to inflict looney tunes level of implausible and humiliating but also clearly harmless simulated violence upon that poster (actionable threat)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

i liked when i said threads' numbers didnt look good and a bunch of people yelled at me as an ELON MUSK DEFENDER and then like two weeks later everyone simultaneously forgot threads existed forever

Feels Villeneuve posted:

there's this one tech news site that constantly posts about threads despite the fact that nobody loving uses threads

lmao threads

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Clerical Terrors posted:

I don't like that Jocat gets to be run off the internet, he didn't deserve that. And people being weirdos about his video don't deserve that victory.

yeah, 100%

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

tf kind of rear end in a top hat do you have to be to harass Jocat of all people, dude is harmless af

cishet guy writes a song called I Like Girls and then says trans rights, bigots go completely ballistic at perceived betrayal of The Straights

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmfao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

the best part is that you know everybody involved with every level of that production knows exactly what it is and they're down for it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

the skit that's lodged deepest in my mind is the "kill jester" bit from limmy's adventure call segment. something about it is comedically perfect and i can't explain it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzKo1JPNf4s

it helps that limmy's an actual comedian and those skits are clips from his TV show

kilogram of feathers is one of the all-timers

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I would chuckle, then immediately re-consign him to the bin of "gently caress this rear end in a top hat"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

dougdoug finally edited down his shufflemania vod into a more digestible youtube video

it's still nearly two and a half hours long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2_SpkLltSc

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm sorry that both Grassy Knowles and Endorph had their lives harmed by the effects of drug abuse, to themselves or their loved ones respectively.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cicadalek posted:

This reminds me of my favorite dumb joke chat makes when watching a PUBG streamer, if they're going across the same bridge where Pewdiepie had his Gamer Moment. People will say stuff like "phew" "close one" after they cross the bridge without incident.

lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've grown somewhat inured to random people on the internet not watching Utena but deciding to show their rear end over it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fil5000 posted:

I'm quite happy to blame a LOT on Abrams given he gave that bloody mystery box Ted talk and let us all know that when he sets up mysteries in a show he generally doesn't have a clue how they're going to resolve.

yeah he very publicly read aloud his mycrimes.txt he wrote about writing

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

People ITT coming to terms with the fact that people actually genuinely like the Shrek movies, a wildly popular franchise that also includes the Puss in Boots movies

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also lmao at thinking them dumbass McElroys, bless their hearts, are being ironic.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

oh for gently caress's sake

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Jenny Nicholson honestly seems too normal and well adjusted to be a Major YouTube Content Creator.

yeah and it makes people go insane for no reason

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I already didn't give a poo poo about this Alt History Cody person so grand job OP

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

okay this guy you're posting about is clearly a dick and a (not-very-)cryptofascist but I have to admit I chuckled at this one

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RPO guy is definitely a huge moron with some equally huge hangups about women

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

this is the most I've ever thought about bethesda procgen quests, even when I was playing them

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

yeah we've just been so used to using it as a generic term for procgen content in an otherwise handcrafted context when no it is actually is a Bethesda brand name thing

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

We get that gacha and gambling are bad we just think you're annoying and kind of an rear end in a top hat

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The main target demo for Atelier is women so of course that dingus wouldn't know about it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

that's Ryza she literally built different

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

actual culture

lmao

euroshopper posted:

phil fish was def an rear end in a top hat and probably a xenophobe but don't pretend like a good amount of the hate he got was reasonable and not just "lol this guy is a beta male who wants to destroy our big booby gaming waifus"

Well it's a good thing we all hate on Phil Fish for reasonable reasons (like the racism and him being a fragile baby about mild criticism) and not whatever happens to be broiling in your overly-online mind at the moment.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dropping audio logs of philosophical quotes is actual culture? Thematically coherent or not, it is difficult to impress me with such dire profundity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's possible to criticize an acerbic idiot with a fragile ego without also happening to agree with the odious opinions of some rando's twitter feed who also happens to have made fun of the same acerbic idiot.