Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I do recommend people check out Billiam, dude is just charming and earnest looking at cartoons and toys from the early 2000's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Sydin posted:

If you're in to pokemon and want something to put on in the background, Jrose11 does a bunch of videos where he tries to beat Pokemon Red/Blue (and very occasionally other titles) with just one pokemon, no items allowed in battle. This ranges from the actual starters, to legendaries, to an Abra that he's not allowed to evolve and can only teach physical moves.

His videos can be pretty long and it's not exactly super riveting content visuals-wise, which is why I recommend it more as a background thing, but I've quite enjoyed his stuff.

Yeah I enjoy chucking videos by him or Mah-Dry-Bread on in the background while I'm playing games. Just nice background noise for something that I grew up with but didn't truly dive deep into.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Sydin posted:

What is it about low level e-celeb status that turns off the part of people's brains that remembers grooming your underage fans is not, in any way shape or form, okay? I swear I read this exact same story about [insert streamer, youtuber, influencer, etc] multiple times a year.
We had the same problem last year in wrestling where it seemed like half of the UK scene were nonces or abusers.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

St. Anger was the first whole album from them that I listened to and even then I thought that it sounded awful. I'm so glad that the friend I borrowed it from immediately lent me his copy of And Justice For All which was a real palate cleanser.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

One day I will be Big Biceps Junpei

I'm sorry but the only Big Biceps on Something Awful is Tony Khan who we're 100% certain has lurked on Punchsport Pagoda at some point.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

bobjr posted:

I’m surprised Dr. Phil stuff doesn’t get more attention because it seems like he does lovely or unprofessional stuff a lot.

I can't wait until he gets covered on Behind the Bastards, either as a one shot on just him or a double episode covering grifters and pieces of poo poo that Oprah gave a platform to.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

SteelMentor posted:

Man I'm used to my identity being used as a football in political spheres, but being used as one in a pedantic nerd wiki slapfight hits differently.

TFWiki owns however. Their more relaxed style as led to it being one of the more readable, and yet still info rich wikis out there.

Their page on Kiss Players is one of the funniest things I have ever seen because it was very much them just throwing their hands and up and not even understanding the gently caress was happening anymore.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

Man, if this is true, RubberRoss has some terrible luck with being friends with people that turn out to be sexpests

Dude must think that he's cursed at this point

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Alaois posted:

majesco was a wonderful, awful, lovely, amazing company

They published so much garbage that it's amusing to go through their catalogue and see actually good poo poo.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

i think i remember hearing about a korean webcomic that's three kingdoms but with social media posts? like its still set in the feudal era, and about war and mostly follows history but everyone tweets on the side.

Do you know if there's a translation? Sounds like it could be funny

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Here's the playlist for the english subbed, extremely good Three Kingdoms show. It's missing like, two episodes of the whole series, but I think they're still on youtube and just not in the playlist, so that's all.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL33A390995E9A7F00

And yeah if you want a game with the story, Dynasty Warriors 7: XL (Basically director's cut or what have you, XL most of the time just means extra content in the DW games) is on steam for $20, the Total War game and the actual ROT3K games are very good, but they're strategy games and expect you to have some notion of the setting to really start, before everything starts going awry thanks to strategy games going the way they do.

ROT3K X is fairly fun, it has officer mode so you can run around as some random rear end in a top hat in China.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Isekai is trash, please stop talking about it.

In non anime stuff, I'm kinda obsessed with all the drama relating to that Tramp Stamps band. I've seen the videos that fantano has done, anyone else know about some decent videos on them?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Bonaventure posted:

well, I think the best cartoon from when I was growing up is Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend,

Ah I see you're a man of culture as well

Kunster posted:

One of my crank theories is that there was a certain genre of cartoons made by people who looked at the internet around then and went "No, the shows these dorks like are bad, I must make a cartoon for my weird, weird idea of what a normal child could be" and I put Crank Twins, Mike Lou and Ogg and Angela Anaconda on that list.

The only Billiam review that I really disagreed with was his Angela Anaconda one. I'd chuck on ABC (the Australian one) when I got home after school as it had shows for kids and teenagers until 6pm. Angela Anaconda was on fairly often and I don't know what Billiam was smoking when he said that it was an imaginative show that wasn't that bad because I loving hated it so much even when I was still an easily amused kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Yeah Caddy isn't a hateful person, he was pointing out the joke being at the expense of trans people with the crossdresser line in a children's film. Still shouldn't have used the t slur though but I'm glad he's apologising instead of doubling down.

Jamie Faith posted:

My favorite thing is the replies where several chuds are screaming "Dont apologize to the mob! They wont even accept it!" and every other comment is a trans person saying "Apology accepted! Thank you so much for saying sorry :)"

They really want their faves to be able to sling around slurs.