Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
unless keemstar is going to jail he's not retiring and will be back in a month or less

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Grouchio posted:

I haven't been in the loop regarding Drama Alert since 2014. When did he become satan?

since 2019 when Etika committed suicide shortly after being a guest on his show. but he's always been a sociopath and a piece of poo poo and has done things like accuse an elderly streamer of being a pedophile which has led to years of harassment and being responsible for people being swatted since he casually doxxes people and their family on his show while winking and nudging his audience so they would harass them.

jontron is a racist dumbass that believes every piece of right wing clickbait he lays his eyes on and while this is not good he still isnt comparable to keemstar and the harm he's done

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 26, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
the wall is the perfect doug video because it tells you everything you need to know about doug and why you shouldnt watch his videos or pay any attention to him

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Sephyr posted:

It really is.

Lame jokes aimed at elements that he failed to understand. Leaning negative because angry shouting man gets more clicks than liking stuff. Making the points about his own personal issues/opinions. And cowardly doing an 180 at the end and going "You know, it wasn't that bad, I see why people like it" just in case some of his audience like the source material enough to call out his bullshit.

dont forget shilling his lovely music which is probably the only reason he made the video in the first place

KingKalamari posted:

Doug specifically was never really much of an actual critic, so much as a bad sketch comedian propping up his material with funny clips from bad movies. One of the things that really propelled him to fame was his review of Tommy Wiseau's The Room, and I think it's honestly kind of a microcosm of Doug's brand: Take clips from a bad media property that are already funny on their own and intercut them with your own over-acted negative reactions. It doesn't matter if Doug's material is actually good or not because the clips of the film he's showing are usually entertaining enough to trick the viewer into thinking Doug himself is adding something to the experience.

imo its important to remember Doug doesnt want to be a reviewer and hates the Nostalgia Critic. what he really wants to be is a serious actor and comedian but lacks the talent to be either despite his many attempts at trying

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 1, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ-Sy11mvZU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
weird

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
anime is good actually

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

LanceHunter posted:

Calling if a racist meme as if the majority of people in Japan don’t strongly agree that it’s intensely weird for an adult to be really into anime and manga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FGgYp6mdk

:chloe:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Dias posted:

If you say anything generally negative about Japan the ADTRW crew (none of which are Japanese AFAIK) will get insufferable and call you out for xenophobia.

I GUESS maybe if you talk about overworking you can get away with it.

baka

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
:gas:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
to be honest..... i like anime

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
so many good animes out there... mangas too

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 31, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
goku ftw :gas: thread

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Goku is bad. Discuss

i;m going to kil l you with a spirit bomb!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
nah its okay you can talk poo poo about goku all you want... goku would be okay with it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
detective conan is like the simpsons and simply cannot end even if it wants too

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

changing my stance that ruroni kenshin is even worse, at least goku has the compassion of the world behind him to destroy boo

do you really think goku is satisfied with destroying one single world? he has endangered the entire dragon ball multiverse composed of 12 universes.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Dias posted:

Samurai X is still a series I hold dear so it sucks that every time I think about it positively I remember "oh it's written by a pedo who's still working"

same but i have no regrets cutting it out of my life entirely either. ... watsuki gtfo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
you should watch and read hunter x hunter instead

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

fun hater posted:

youre tilting at windmills

gokus morality is insane as someone on the periphery of knowing things about dragon ball. my boyfriend is a huge fan and the poo poo he tells me is amazing

from goku's point of view your morality is insane

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

vegeta is from a society where they grow their babies in tubes and they put those babies into pods and send them out into space to conquer new worlds. the concept of actually being there and raising his child is alien to vegeta

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Dec 31, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
goku loves his sons very much and while he doesnt understand why gohan would want to read books and go to college and be a scholar he fully supports it. goku is a good dad

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

lunar detritus posted:

other than choosing to stay dead and leave his kids with his widow, sure.

goku chose to stay dead because he believed his presence was endangering earth and his friends not because he didnt want to raise his kids or be with his wife.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
the universe 6 saiyans pwn

fun hater posted:

i think it was really immature of him to die

it was immature of cell to kill himself and goku

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Ash Crimson posted:

I once read a single chapter from tokyo ghoul because some dude at work kept going on about how much he loved it and even got a tattoo of it

Never again

cool story.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
the Scotatiel are sympathtic but i dont think you are supposed to root for them... strange that people would take offense at someone pointing out their flaws

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 31, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
elves should stick to making shoes imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

endocriminologist posted:

It’s so strange how trans women become “they” whenever ppl disagree w then

what in the world

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
im going to kill the elves

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

CelticPredator posted:

You know you’d think RLM would like at least one divisive film.

they should learn to love movies and not hate them

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
its common for fantasy writers to attach real world cultures to fantasy races which can be uncomfortable but im not sure how much the Witcher does it beyond the elves and dwarves and gnomes being minorities in a lovely world that treats everyone like poo poo if they arent of noble blood

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
you have to be pretty insane to have the most insane dark souls theories...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

fun hater posted:

no i mean, the way he plays the game is insane. he complains about not being able to do a plunging attack on the first armored boar you meet which, fair, that mechanic is used like 3 times and then never again, but then he just rawdogs it through the fight and never figures out that you're supposed to use the item that is given to you (the alluring skulls, multiple, in case you miss) in that specific location (where theres a big ol fire for no reason) so that you can learn a new way to kill enemies

i just run past the boar...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

SteelMentor posted:

For his crimes, Harris Bomberguy has been subjected to a treatment that will slowly turn him into Dr Robotnik.

that sounds cool as hell

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
avatar belongs to nickelodeon and she had no right to distribute it to the masses on twitch... glad she got put in her place by the DMCA...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
make sure to hit that like and subscribe button

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Impermanent posted:

Some twitch streamer reading this thread make a video of just you reading this thread I will not dmca you

i will

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Everything's going to be dying of COVID's Peh Variant under the sea in a few decades, so I'm not going to begrudge people not waiting until they get that extra cash to enjoy cultural products.

:goofy:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
anyone who illegally distributes copyrighted materials should be destroyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!