Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

There was a company that made a Metallica brand whiskey that was getting clowned on in the Stupid Music poo poo thread, so I browsed there website and there’s a video where Hetfield is wearing what looks like a 3 percenter tshirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I read Homestuck for an afternoon a few weeks ago to kill some time and I’m sure there’s good stuff in it, but I don’t want to devote the time to find it.

I’m sure it made more sense if you were reading it as it came out. It’s like trying to start One Piece.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Jamie Faith posted:

One Piece is actually good tho

Oh word, just the aspect of there being so much of it.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

josh04 posted:

The time when Kill All Normies seemed novel and persuasive was before it was published. The praise ran out pretty quickly once people could read it and find out how weirdly credulous it was towards 4chan posters' accounts of their own politics.

I essentially agree with this, I wanna add that I remember the book being written in a style of someone who thought they were being way more insightful than they actually are, most other anthropology or sociology stuff I’ve read doesn’t try to add a bunch of subjective bullshit like Nagel does.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I like the hacking mini game in HR a lot because enemies can still see you and shoot you in the mini game screen, so it has some cool tension. I really like the original and HR and yeah HR has some problems, but the constant “why didn’t you just do this” in the video repeated over and over without acknowledging his solutions would probably also break a bunch of other poo poo was sort of annoying. I’m mostly complaining because he did it so many times I also stopped watching the video because of it.

Also if choices don’t affect the plot I’ve never really cared, I just like having a say in the characters emotional response, even if they have no choice in the matter.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Square Enix as a company basically only exists at this point because they accidentally fell rear end-backwards into having an infinite money printer with their MMO, as the guy they assigned to salvage it turned out to be one of the best project managers in the entire gaming industry and turned a pant-shitted failure of online gaming into a loving juggernaut that subsidizes the entire company by itself. If they hadn’t done that one thing I’m certain the company would have folded in like 2015 from massive mismanagement on all concievable levels.

Somehow they’re killing it with SaGa, Dungeon Encounters and Bravely Default 2 though (also Live A Live coming here) so SE in the last few years have snuck out some cool sleeper stuff under the mountain of trash their big releases have been. I hope FF 14 keeps their little game divisions afloat because they’ve put out some cool stuff.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Mokinokaro posted:

Bonus: it's part two

Yeah it’s closer to 14 hours altogether. I may have watched the first one but I can’t remember any of it if I did.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

NikkolasKing posted:

Whatever happened to brevity is the soul of wit.

People got a lot of dishes and laundry to do.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

CelticPredator posted:

What’s so interesting about these Dan Schneider shows.

I assume the target audience is people who saw these as kids and understand they don’t want to actually watch them, but have some sort of nostalgia for them. I’ve watched some of them out of morbid curiosity. The iCarly one I made it like 20 minutes or so. The Fred one was a little more engaging, but I mean in the context that it’s still pretty awful.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Blood Nightmaster posted:

I mean I guess it is at least a tween sitcom that came out when he was also presumably a tween. I'm just having a hard time thinking of an equivalent situation that might be relatable to other generations that makes what he's doing sound less insane

There's podcasts that riff exhaustively on Harry Potter but I'm having trouble articulating why those don't get the same reaction. Does Quinton actually critique any of the storylines in these things or is he really just doing straight play-by-plays with no additional commentary? Maybe that's the main difference

They’re like 75% synopsis, 23% discussion, 2% glasses commercial.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

long videos are awesome

you all just have short attention spans

That long AVGN video was top tier. Some long videos need like 9 more editing passes though.

Edit: this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmC5Zte5RnM

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Sydin posted:

Yeah I forgot to mention I watched the AVGN video and it was good. It even made the Simpsons point I made before watching it, lol. I checked out of AVGN long before all the screenwave poo poo and the plagarism stuff is kinda wild, but honestly the summary I got out of it is that James a somewhat out of touch 40 year old guy with a family to support and he now treats AVGN more like a source of income than a passion project which, fuckin' good for him.

The Angus Young signature SG is one of the most dad tier guitars you can buy.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Can someone make and 8 hour video for one of those Yugioh series’ that all have 150 episodes each and are still running constantly. I’d do it, but I’d die. Also I don’t want to actually watch them.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Do people not use the chapters in these long videos? They’re usually annotated into chunks in the description. You don’t watch it for 8 hours; you can I guess, don’t though.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Hearing someone talk about something I don’t care about makes me pass out instantly, but a 2 hour video is better for that. At 8 hours it gets to the point where you wake up and they’re still talking about the same thing and that feels weird.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Should have shelved the Gootecks video and made a “why Mike Ross owns” video.

Edit: you could probably sustain a small “hIstory of FGC Drama” channel.

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 10, 2022

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

secretly best girl posted:

We have wrapped up one disc of Xenosaga III on Lightning Strikes Thrice, meaning that the game is about to begin falling apart in a race to the finish line, sort of like some other famous Xeno-something with two discs. I forget the details.

We are very mature.

Hey I like your show a lot. I’m playing through Xenosaga 1 now though so I stopped listening post you all finishing FF13 related stuff because I at some point wanna finish all the Xenosagas blind.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Grondoth posted:

It's astounding how much poo poo he bragged about isn't just not true, it's obviously not true. It's been sitting there the whole time. It's just that no one ever bothered to look, because no one really cared all that much. Being famous for composing some music from the earlier days of gaming and being involved in famous projects just makes sense. Why bother looking into his claims?

It's like he had this giant box with an itemized list of what was in it, and everyone just assumed all that stuff was in there. No one ever opened the box. Now I don't even know if his mother is very proud of him.

I blame Nolan Bushnell for being a literal carnie and infusing it into video games as a whole. His protégés: David Cage, Tommy Talarico, Konami, the guy who’s too into llamas, there’s one more important one I can’t remember the name of. The Silicon knights guy.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

DMorbid posted:

Wait, what did Jeff Minter do to deserve being included with that bunch of shitheads?

Just an unnecessarily catty dig.

Edit: now that I think about the rest of the list I do legit feel bad about it, it just had a nice flow with the sentence imo.

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Apr 15, 2023

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

SCheeseman posted:

Minter posts in the VR megathread, every interaction I've ever had with him has been pleasant and his mastodon timeline is full of sheep getting pats and delicious curries. I will not stand by and see his name besmirched.

Yeah I’ve heard interviews with him and even I knew he was a cool dude. Like I said I feel bad about it.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I was actually curious to see if Maxis did any post Wright designed game as good as Spore (not that it’s great by any means), and as far as I can tell maybe The Sims 3? I think people like that one, but more importantly I found this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkspore

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

This seems like a relevant place to ask this:
Raycon is a drop shipping scam right?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

My favorite is the Keto cereal one that I now know costs 9 dollars a box now that it’s in my local grocery store.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The worst part of college is that you need to find a highlighter that’s a totally unique color to you so you don’t get expelled, and then what if you lose track of it?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I think the pyramid YouTuber is good at choosing topics, and I don’t think they’re a bad person, but based on their scripts they’ve always come off as kinda dumb.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

rodbeard posted:

I've had a pair of raycon sport for just about a year and the right earbud is basically as good as new and the left earbud has about an hour of battery on a full charge. I'm looking for new ones but I guess no wireless earbuds are designed to last more than a year.

I had some Altec Lansing ones I lost that were surprisingly good.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

can't believe im saying this but would anyone like to talk about you tube content creators

I just found a person who does videos on Scene bands from like 2008, they did a 3 parter on some guy I never heard of, but it was entertaining, also bonus points that they still have the 2008 hair in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiVfAO24bxc

I never followed any of these bands but I’m suddenly fascinated by their inner politics.

If you watch all parts be aware the subject is a total scumbag and there’s a lot of sexual/mental abuse this person inflicts on their partners in part 3.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Mr.Radar posted:

Sorry for the double post, but Illuminaughty put out a video about the recent drama with Legal Eagle, hbomberguy, and others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDV71uqk_Gs

I’ve heard the first paragraph of the video and oof. Buckle in. :munch:

Edit: Nm this is really boring and I think about random other Twitter drama.

Edit: Now it’s about some random persons grooming allegations? I think there’s some sort of context Im missing?

Edit: they shouldn’t have made this.

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 28, 2023

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Ivypls posted:

probably not a good idea to have made this video but she did a good apology+clearing up on the plagiarism thing at least. her old friend group sounds like a bunch of backbiting shitbirds and she honestly didn't need to respond to that stuff lol.

Yeah this first 5 minutes makes sense and then they air out like 40 minutes of personal dirty laundry about people that shouldn’t have been said on a public YouTube channel.

Edit: the wildest thing is that when their friend needed a car she took out a loan for a 60 thousand dollar car and then got surprised when it went badly.

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 28, 2023

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Overbite posted:

I liked sonic when there wasn’t a story.

Also I bought the Archie sonics as a kid because I was a child.

Sonic not being a fiasco would be boring and not a world I want to live in. Get weirder with it.

Let Ken have it.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Ariong posted:

I like fiasco Sonic but maybe not so much the "this children's comic sure does make a lot of weird sex jokes and implications about the underage characters" sort of weirdness that Ken ":smug: my OC TOTALLY took that teenager's virginity before Sonic the Hedgehog could" Penders and the other old Archie writers were prone to.

Based on the weird showrunners of cable kids TV there probably needs to be some more vetting of who gets to make kids entertainment.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I can’t do anything where the majority of the video is recaps of a story, this makes the appeal of TV show recaps completely foreign to me; I get recapping like snippets for criticism, but the quinton ones are like reading Wikipedia synopsis levels of commentary.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The Action Button reviews that are 5+ hours are good, but even then I preferred the earlier more concise videos.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Anyone know any cool music documentary YouTubers I’ve maybe missed?

I really like the KJ Oasis documentary; I wish there were more videos that go that into depth for other Creation records bands.

I’ve like a lot of the Trash Theory docs, specially the one the on The KLF they did recently was fascinating. Especially because it ends with mentioning that they finally like released all their music for the first time in 20 years or so on the web:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWn3QygKFwo

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Ariong posted:

Honestly I really don't feel the need to do that at all. In my experience if someone is a genuinely horrible bigoted freak then it tends to come through pretty quickly in their content, if not as explicit bigotry then at least in terms of being unpleasant and unenjoyable to watch. So if I like someone I'll watch their stuff, and if it later comes out that they suck somehow I'll stop watching. As long as you keep them at arm's length as you should with any internet stranger it will be a mild and very temporary bummer and you'll have completely forgotten about them like a week later.

Idk. That goldeneye speed runner (goose something maybe) was good at hiding it until I learned about the other bigots in the Goldeneye speed running community.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Grondoth posted:

The level of wiggling was simply unsustainable.

Also

That's loving weird, right? Defunctland talked about the wiggles for a little bit, enough to understand the phenomenon and the history required for the ride's context. Why would Quinton just go "well what the gently caress else is there" after he spent a couple years getting stuff to make a video on them?

Tainted the algorithm for Wiggles, brace yourself for a 200 hour long video on Johnny Test.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Fil5000 posted:

Wings? The CoD player guy? He's still a thing?

You probably don’t want to look into it. It’s a very, very sad story.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Flying Zamboni posted:

This is one of the worst YouTube thumbnails I've ever seen.

This thumbnail deserves jail time.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

One of the weirder parts of DQ 11 was the main character just ominously staring through every voice acted cutscene. It would have probably been fine though if they hadn’t added voice acting when they localized it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

dmboogie posted:

it's even funnier when you briefly go back to the past and meet the main character's child self, who has... fully voiced dialog

also uh are you in the right thread

Oh whoops. Too late now.