Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nuebot posted:

also people are really mad they supposedly based a league of legends character on her now. That's about all I know having picked up the screams of angry nerds on the winds of rage.

Is she the one who joined the LoL Kpop group? They made a Twitter account for her where she talks about having to work up the nerve to quit her job so she can join a pop group with a ninja and a fox girl in it and people are rightfully crapping all over it. The fake person getting to quit her job in the middle of an actual pandemic didn’t really play so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Atun-Shei Films covers the American history niche, with special focus on debunking the Lost Cause and other southern myths and has a background in history that includes working as a guide at Gettysburg. Has an amazing video on the Battle of New Orleans. Also talks about movies from time to time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Marcus of the Cosmonaut Variety Hour has a fun Twitter. There's a lot of him dunking on people like MauLer or Leafy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nuns with Guns posted:

It's really weird how the people suddenly started picking up the banner for the 2011 ThunderCats remake years later, and only to spite the sillier ThunderCats Roar stuff (which took forever to come out after that announcement trailer wtf??) I was watching the first ThunderCats remake when it was coming out and it was.... alright, I guess? Definitely going for a more serious He-Man remake vibe than, say, the Netflix Voltron show. I wouldn't put it anywhere in the same tier of good production value of Batman: The Animated Series or fun mix of humor and serious action as Teen Titans. Like the Samoflange reference is a great demonstration of how flat and uncertain a lot of the writing felt in that show:

While I enjoyed it more or less it certainly wasn't to the level of like The Last Airbender that people decided to lionize (ha ha... ha) it as. What's really interesting to me about it is the behind the scenes stuff that was going on at the time, where Cartoon Network didn't like that shows like ThunderCats or the Green Lantern animated series were doing good numbers but in the 'wrong' demographics (anything not like to 8-11 year old boys, more or less). Part of that was that they wanted to sell toys to said demo (and the ThunderCat toys were kinda garbage) but they displayed an extreme unwillingness to try and run with what they had.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

YggiDee posted:

Forget about the people with the bad opinions about Lilo, let's talk about how Rise of the TMNT was hosed over by Nickelodeon, got axed halfway through production of Season 2, and still managed to glue together a coherent finale.

Wow. Any idea what happened? Did the exec backing it leave or something?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Linday Ellis on the fallout to her Omegaverse video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3v5wFMQRqs

The reading of Cain's idea of what constitutes "fair use" is :discourse:.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

sexpig by night posted:

haven't watched yet but let me guess, fair use is only fair if it's not critical?

It's really more "it's not fair use if it hurts my feelings."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Treat yourself to a half hour of Atun-Shei's Q&A.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The superlative Hunchback of Notre Dame is clearly the direct-to-video version reviewed by Phelan where Quasimodo's hump breaks open to reveal that he has wings and he discovers that he is an angel.

Oh my gosh. That sounds amazing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Allison takes a look at the massively corny Star Trek: TOS episode 'Catspaw' where the Enterprise is captured by a witch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed7VBh8_Bl0&feature=youtu.be

Also the big problem with Phelous is HE NEVER DOES HORROR MOVIES ANYMORE here is Phelous reviewing a horror movie, the terminally dumb 'Bye Bye Man.' Whoops I thought it and said it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0kTrd8AyNw

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Please enjoy PushingUpRoses return to video games by playing through and swapping out all seven discs of the FMV X-Files game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP41bEhCEIE

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Neo_Crimson posted:

I keep forgetting these are a real product and not just a Jim Sterling bit.

Yeah. They were part of that weird 'hey kids buy gross things' that I lump together with Garbage Pail Kids and Madballs.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Anything to keep Chris Sabat getting a paycheck. (I'm just kidding! He's seeing nothing from this.)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Scott McNeil is beyond reproach. Listen to Dinobot's Shakespearian monologue and then get back to me.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dias posted:

Did you know they are trying to kill God? And they are multiple groups, including Death 2, and that they were gonna use the Son of Lucifer aka Jack as a bomb to loving nuke God?

This is after they killed Satan and, like, Satan's older, meaner brother with a prison record right?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don't know anything about the Charmed reboot except that all the actresses are getting into public slapfights over which version of the show is better, which feels pretty in line with all the backstage drama of the original show.

The original actresses seem to be upset nobody wanted to consult with them but given how toxic the production seemed to be especially when two of them became executive producers I don’t think I’d want to have much contact with them either.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Supersonic Shine posted:

Movies With Mikey focuses on Mario's tumultuous early years. Despite the title, the video is woefully bereft of any mention of the 1993 movie adaptation. He does give The Wizard a glowing review, though.

It was not known that Mikey had a such burning need to hear Beau Bridges say the word 'Mechaturtle.'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sarcopenia posted:

Yeah, she is the most obvious lib grifter I've ever seen. McGowan accused Milano of being awful on the set of Charmed, to the point of her regularly crying thinking about having to work in an environment with her for another season. I'm also pretty sure that Milano's husband worked/works for a talent agency that knowingly sent young talent to get harassed, raped or abused by Harvey Weinstein. No wonder McGowan hates her guts.

McGowan dated Marilyn Manson so it's not hard to see why she'd be so stridently anti-abuse.

Charmed itself got beyond tiresome when the entire main cast's primary reaction to anything was "Oh, GOD, we have to engage with the core premise of the show I just want to wear terrible outfits and be brittle and snide."

Curio Quinn returns to grace us with a review of Netflix's 365 Days and she does not care for it. Not a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-tIkE2jkl0

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Terrible Opinions posted:

Of all the recent twitter stuff, I think I found the most important.

Put an actual number on it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wonder what Bob's online career would look like if he stuck to the AVGN rule of not actually having social media aside from 'here's a new update, thanks for the support.'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

See, I feel like there's a thing that happens to certain weak-brained men when they get youtube famous where they get arrogant enough to think that an open marriage would be a good idea, so I don't know if it's the classic story of a woman desperate to escape an idiot or if it was an idiot digging his own grave.

Internet fame really is the ultimate crucible of character: if you're garbage, efame just burns everything else away until you do the scummiest thing you're capable of, while decent people just get endlessly bothered and harassed by the garbage until they have to act in appropriate ways.

Isn't that what happened to Anthony Burch? The former, but also the latter.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ren and Stimpy. Also Dan Scheider, even though there’s no prosecuted crime, per se.

Did Marc Weiner do something bad?

Don’t forget Chris Savino and The Loud House.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Well done.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/NINaylor/status/1328382696163307520

Kim's wrestling work getting a shout out from Rob Naylor who used to work for WWE's developmental system. Very cool. Rob could call himself a friend of Dusty Rhodes so he's a better man than I.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Doesn't McIntosh use Sarkeesian's account? This seems like the sort of thing he'd shriek 'j'accuse!' over.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I don't think there's a bigger explanation than 'that's how they were in the cartoon.'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Nuns with Guns posted:

Her tweet was "Bleh boob armor" and not something like "Bleh you can see the outlines of boobs under this Mandaloran Flexisteel Battle Shirt" so it sounds like just a shallow boob plate remark to me. But a lot of this debate is getting dragged into the "Oh so women can't be visibly feminine now or sexy? How anti-woman of you! I'll have you know this makes perfect sense in The Lore..." concern troll remark that reactionaries think is the perfect counter to anyone criticizing a fictional female character's design, and I don't really see that as something that needs to be litigated or taken as a serious concern here.

There were some people responding with pictures of the stuff they wear for combat sports or being in the military and that they're happy things are no longer quite so constraining but it got lost in the shuffle because it's Sarkeesian and her having an opinion is like ringing the dinner bell to a certain type of unpleasant person. I'm sure TheQuartering will be supplied with content for weeks.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

That's her secret, Captain, she was always Critical Theory 101. People just didn't realize it at the time :ssh:

Yeah, her goodwill was mostly being the first (or at least the first noticeable) and having to suffer under GG's avalanche.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CelticPredator posted:

I’m watching it right now and this is not really true.

They brought up Fish’s video like 3 times in the past 40 minutes I’ve watched it. And I dunnno I already got turned off from fish’s video right up front but if she did say dawn of the dead was blamed on homosexuality because a stupid insane preacher said it than lmfao

I thought it was clear that was just to work in the ‘when Hell is full the dead will walk the earth’ tag line from the original.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

It's honestly been over a decade since I've seen any of it, had no idea the old one was on Hulu.

It's really strange how much people think it was exclusively a kids show. Did eight-year-olds eat up George Wendt references?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is Count Dankula the new name for Count Jackula?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

My favorite ghost hunter show was Paranormal State. A friend went to high school with the show’s creator and said that is exactly what the guy wanted to do so props for that but the show itself was high comedy. They acted like they were the first last and only kind of defense against demon possession which often included listing demons pulled from the D&D Monster Manual. Their psychic is Chip Coffey who looks like Foghorn Leghorn’s nephew grown up

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

If you bothered to note the letters, it was Belial. That little-known demon who's in a ton of media and is a big bad in some little indie series of games called Diablo. I was enough of a nerd to be on the show's forums at the time, and after that episode they went nuts. At first people assumed that the editors had just picked a random demon name, but the lead's verified account confirmed that it was right and that they were furious with the producers.

The episode I distinctly remember had the list of demons including Belial and also Lilith because why not? Coffey also at one point got a very strong mental impression of somebody saying a number repeatedly and if you guessed that number was '6' said three times then congratulations, you have seen an episode of Paranormal State before.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

God bless Allison for guiding us through these difficult times with the awkward flailing of a Baywatch spinoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z-acs5j0vU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sininu posted:

OH! This reminds me, is there anything new about what the heck was going on with Dr. disrespect?

No. The people who claim to know and how huge it was or whatever never said anything and nothing's come out.

https://twitter.com/drdisrespect/status/1331861583517999105

He is trying the 'mobile games aren't REAL games and I prove it by having an expensive computer' if that helps.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Archer666 posted:

Dude probably has multiple high end PC's that he switches between, I guess? And he's got the most overpriced hardware and peripherals cause he's absolutely loaded.

I wonder what the precise moment financially was he started to hit diminishing returns.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

sexpig by night posted:

that would literally be one of the funniest movies made if it was just played 100% straight thriller about a kid hiding from robbers after a fight with his family and all and then the final scene is just him getting his head taken off by his own paint bucket trap.

So essentially You're Next!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

How is Kamen Rider Zero-One?

Fake edit: Awesome page snipe!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

There are basically two types of right wing pundits, either they come from a rich family or they have a rich patron bankrolling them. A common right wing payment scam would be writing a book and then have a rich person funded organization buy their way onto the NYT bestseller list by buying in large lots and then either throwing the books away or giving them away as free gifts for some fundraiser. IIRC Milo was in the rich patron camp but he lost all his backing with his "actually it is fine for older men to sleep with teenage boys" statement.

To look at the 'rich patron' example I remember Cosmonaut Marcus saying Ian Cheong gets paid a packet of dark money every day to sit in Malaysia and post how terrible it is he can't wear his cowboy hat in Winn-Dixie because left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cosmonaut Marcus had to edit out his bit on Martha in his BvS review because he got a copyright claim on the Hans Zimmer background music. Naturally he's thinking about releasing a "I Saw The Martha Cut" t-shirt.