Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I'm not really following this thread very actively -- why does it have such a low rating? What kind of drama is going on in here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

What's everyone's thoughts about münecat

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Off topic but ik noticing that this thread has an unusually low rating. Not that ratings matter, it's just odd for this subject matter. So what slap fight is going on here?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Augus posted:

she basically just makes long-form Twitter arguments these days, it’s the most tedious poo poo in the world

Some of her releases can be tedious. I like to put them on when I'm doing repetitive things at work, so I can sort of zone out and get in the flow

Veotax posted:

One of my favourite things with Gollum is that I saw a few people out there acting like it was "another highly anticipated AAA game from a big dev that was a disaster", putting their apology tweet up there with ones like the Cyberpunk one.

When actually it's a low-mid budget game that no one wanted, from a dev that had previously mostly made 2D adventure games, who somehow got the Lord of the Rings license and tried to sell the game for $60 off the back of that.

Huge shame about the devs. They made a bunch of really charming and / or critically acclaimed titles in a genre that kind of doesn't exist anymore, outside of indie projects

Lord Stimperor fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 4, 2023

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Clearly asuka was at fault for being a white passing woman comatose in bed to de - gay shinji

Wym white passing isn't she canonically german

(Baumkuchen)

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Endorph posted:

(...) year olds getting psychosis when they date a girl with e-cups.

yes yes (takes notes), go on

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

So I dunno what's up with YouTube but I tend to use YouTube for two reasons - watch video-essays, long and short form. And listen to music. Whenever I pop into the shower while listening to something, once that video finishes it 100% without fail auto-plays to something by Dan Olson. Like I love the guy, sure, but I've probably by now accumulated 10 hours on his NFT and metaverse videos. It's alright, autoplay me some hbomberguy for once

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

So where is that animation then I wanna see the clip they made

E: oh it's right there. I gotta say it's actually really nicely animated. I mean yeah it's cringe and all but it seems they got something for what they paid for

No idea how much about animation costs but it seems beautifully done

Also no idea what the cartoon is about and have no context because my phone is silent but: I wanna be kidnapped by the magic horny hotel witch, too

Lord Stimperor fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jan 13, 2024

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I'm swiping my credit card on 100k worth of animation, right now

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Sydin posted:

I should probably play FO4 one of these days. I know the story is dogshit but I hear really good things about the sandbox.

I agree with that assessment. Whenever a thread discusses FO4, I Kramer into it to let everyone know that it's a bad Fallout game, but the best Bethesda game.

Get the game, get some mods (Sim Settlements mandatory), then start a game in survival mode. Forget about the main quest entirely. Just live your life scavenging Houses for scrap to build your self a shelter, and inch ever closer to Boston, building or save point after another. What was once worthless background clutter becomes a valuable commodity. You think how many bullets and grenades you should carry and whether you want to bring screws or ceramic mugs. And bit by bit you slide into side quests, meet companions while rummaging around, and build a new Commonwealth.

I loved it to bits.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Happy Landfill posted:

This comment basically sums up the large diatribe I was just about to post

I say this as a white lady myself, but white ladies who are really in to collecting things are something else. Like those ladies that were really in to the pottery brand you get at TJ Maxx and Homegoods. I can't think of anything I collect that would make me go the length of duking it out with people at loving Target

Good username in the context of this topic

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Do you have one of those?

I have fond memories of trying to impress my friends with the awesome moves I could pull off in Soul Calibur, only for them to beat me in the ground mashing the same button all the time.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Time to complain about the woke mob cancel culture

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Captain Invictus posted:

I had always wondered why hololive has all these nendoroids and figmas and statues and other expensive, elaborate merchandise, while nijisanji only has acrylic standees using default stock images, or audio download packs or whatever. That is indeed why, nijisanji fired a talent named zaion lanza and she spilled the beans on a ton of internal knowledge including the merch share. There is a reason nijisanji is now listed as an example of a Black Company on wikipedia.

dokibird had 9k subscribers when she retired to join nijisanji and became selen tatsuki, who had like 860k subscribers at her peak. She definitely benefited from it. However, thanks to all this, we have learned how little nijisanji actually assists their talents beyond giving them access to certain sponsorships and the like.

In hololive's case they definitely put in some effort for their talents in regards to collaboration and sponsorships. Calli got to do both that one piece song and also the metal gear song(regardless of what you think of the quality of them), which is a pretty big get.

neither of these are true, there are plenty of successful indie vtubers and also agencies that don't exploit their talents. Vshojo is the ideal situation, where it's more like a proper talent agency rather than a company you work for and don't own anything. Vshojo talents own all their IP and can leave whenever they want, and the company also provides things like mental health therapists and legal support.

It's not so much "clues" as that the nijisanji livestream named names of people who would "be doxxed" by selen's statement, which, why would she mention these specific talents in a legal document if they were not involved? But again, none of that should have been public and indeed would not have been if nijisanji had not blown their entire foot off unprompted!

I'm in no way trying to offend anyone. But when I read all these online personality nonsense names and associated drama all i see in my head is the "Stop Doing Math! They have played us for fools!" meme.

It's just all so alien to me and I'm completely out of touch with it. As though this was too online for people who are already terminally online.

Lord Stimperor fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 22, 2024

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Antigravitas posted:

Post more videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtoZ9sMLzCI

Literally what it says in the title.

Good content

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Basically all episodes of Kitchen Nightmares can be found on YouTube. Never watched the show when it aired, but it turns out to be great white noise when you're doing monotonous tasks

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Like these?

https://blog.favoree.io/articles/best-video-essay-youtubers/
https://www.reddit.com/r/videoessay/comments/s9enur/long_form_video_essay_youtube_channels_on/

There's a bunch of battletech guys who just talk lore at you over near-static images but that's probably not what you're looking for :v:

e: The Well there's your problem podcast is also, as said by themselves, a podcast with slides.

Tons of accident investigation channels that are essentially spoken over looping stock footage or slides/photographs
Plainly Difficult
DisasterBreakdown
Mini Air Crash Investigations

Lord Stimperor fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Apr 5, 2024

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

German snacks comprises of the best snacks in the world plus chocolate products that look German but are actually all from Italy

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I figure if any place knows this it is you lot: Adam something often uses a recorder tune for comedic effect. Sounds like a children's song and it's super catchy. Couldn't find the name anywhere though. Anyone know it?

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

[double post]

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Kunster posted:

Can you provide a time stamp for an example?

Oh, good idea. It's at 13:05 here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRtkzCKLt4w&t=785s

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I asked earlier about the Recorder song Adam Something is using in his videos. Some nice Discord person knew the answer and shared it with me. So if you want it as well, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDGZAprNGWo

Now it's out of my brain. And I'm gonna annoy everyone IRL with it.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Kunster posted:

I've heard it a bunch of times on another places, it's yt production music and it's called Splashing Around.

Thanks for getting back!

I'm currently filling in a job application that has very little chance to succeed but if it does it might turn my life upside down. Listening to this silly tune helps to play that down lol

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

How you interpret an online personality involving their loved ones / children in their work also depends on culture. In the Anglosphere yeah sure, it doesn't surprise me if a loved one walks through the camera, says high, and shows up every now and then. In German-speaking countries where people religiously blur bystanders in the background and license plates I expect that influencer parents are much less inclined to put their kids in front of the camera.

e: I understand I'm a couple of pages late but this thread moves fast

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Fil5000 posted:

Rogue One is good, actually

Rogue One ruled. Was the only of the newer movies where I felt like there was something at stake. And it turned out there was!

I felt it was very, very intense especially in comparison to the rise of Skywalker. Which at several moments just had me sitting there asking myself if I was understanding it correctly because it didn't make any sense.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

The prequels were absolutely hated in the online discourse of the 2000s. Didn't stop them from being very successful and beloved by now.

I'm wondering whether that'll happen to the sequels. I liked the first two but Rise Of Skywalker is just so drat chaotic and as others have said, at times plain incoherent. It's legit hard to follow in my opinion because so many scenes felt distractingly nonsensical. I think you'd have to release a substantially different edit to make it work. (Luckily Star Wars already has a bunch of CGI actors so you can call them back to reshoot if you must)

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Karanas posted:

If nothing else, I hate the Star Wars sequels for giving aggrieved nerds something new to whine about for the next 20 loving years. Had enough of that with the prequels thank you very much.

Man, be happy the weirdos are busy hating Star wars. If they get bored they'll invade other hobbies.

CelticPredator posted:

That’s why I liked the last Jedi more. Rian brought prequel poo poo right up and didn’t shy away from it. Basically summed up the point of those movies which was “the Jedi were too blind and complacent to realize they were being manipulated by the most evil man ever”

TLJ rocked imo. I loved the spooky vibes around Rey exploring the dark side. The fight scene in the red throne room was so gorgeous. And that moment they cut the star destroyer in half. Plenty of really strong moments in that movie.

No idea what the plot was about. IIRC everyone complained about McGuffins and other cliches.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Endorph posted:

a key point a lot of people miss about shinji and eva is how anno talks about otaku stuff and closing yourself off from the world and indulging your hobbies.

specifically, he says its fine. if you want to do that, go for it. its your life. the problem and the people hes frustrated with - and the behavior he was frustrated with in himself - is when you do that but then expect other people to reach out to you and try and fix you, or accommodate for you, without making any effort to do that on your own. you want human relationships, but you make no effort to get them. you retreat into yourself while hoping someone else will pull you out into the world.

its a common otaku/neet fantasy to have that wish fulfilled. in the 90s/early 2000s it was 'magic girl/boy teleports into my room,' for the past few years its been isekai type stuff. circumstances pulling you out of that rut without you actually having to put in effort until you've already been pulled out. basically, wanting someone else to take the first step for you.

this is very consistent with how shinji is portrayed in eva. hes constantly wanting the people in his life to put in more effort than he is. gendo's a dick, but shinji makes no effort to try and connect with him. itd be one thing if shinji made that effort and gendo rebuffed him, but shinji gives up without even trying. there's no attempt to even attempt to understand his father. same with asuka. he projects onto rei rather than actually trying to communicate with her. his friendship with kensuke and toji is mostly surface level. etc. shinji makes no attempt to be emotionally open with other people, yet he expects them to understand him. thats the problem.

i hate how relevant this dumb anime remains to my life lol.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

it's me specifically. i'm on the board and tell them to make the women ugly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

I mean I suppose it's hard to put hard numbers on it. But on a qualitative level, you can see echoes of gamergate in the online radicalization of a lot of chuds and boomers. IIRC Bannon himself was using gamergate as a template for mobilizing frustrated men. Doesn't make it any less tedious but I'm convinced that there's a throughline from 2011 "I'm just quoting Hitler ironically", to 2014 "The SJWs are ruining video games" to 2023 "woke Disney is suppressing information about white genocide and in order to ensure the survival of our kind we must banish abortions".