Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

fun hater posted:

no hes vp of slack and apple engineering or smth

I thought the whole point of Rotten, Jerkcity, etc, was to flaunt tf out of the fact that they made the worst jokes and kept their Bay Area computer touching jobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
uh, do you think those dudes ever got called into HR one day to start a Serious Conversation And Open Dialog about their internet webcomics?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
A low-level media personality muckraking and yellow journalisming a blustering academic charlatan, while the circumstances around the charlatan go on unchallenged, is merely just a bit of fun that we dullard peasants get to enjoy and spectate now and again. I really wouldnt worry about it.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Sardonik posted:

"Unprofitable Fandom" is a hell of a phrase.

may all fandoms be that unprofitable and achieve such freedom

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Skippy McPants posted:

I will say, while I held very little love for Rooster Teeth, it has sucked the past few years seeing the remaining handful of independent media and gaming sites spawned during the early to mid-aughts get shuttered or hoovered up and conglomerated.

At least Rooster Teeth will receive a conclusive ending, unlikely poor Giant Bomb that is still shambling along as a shadow of its former self.

I don't want everything to become a platform.

What about older ones? Are Old Man Murray and Planet Quake still doing ok?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Clerical Terrors posted:

It was me. I created video essays.

I created them for the purposes of evil.

:barf:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Endorph posted:

the most Corporate thing i can think of is in overwatch 2 you can set your profile to have a flag behind it including pride flags, and theres also pride flags with an Associated Character on it. theres exactly One character per pride flag (tracer for lesbian pride, etc) except the trans pride flag where theres no associated character. ftw

According to the data, Men are worth 0.000 Gender Equality, and Women are worth 5.000. Introducing a Trans character would be worth 2.500 Gender Equality, resulting in a net loss...

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

mycot posted:

Actually the real best example of people obviously not caring about the subject of controversy was when the weird anti-woke people had to pretend to care about niche visual novel House of Fata Morgana, because it used the term male fragility.

haha, that's the upsetting Gothic Horror in a more Wuthering Heights way one with the super lacy visuals, correct?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Otherwise normal streamers can go completely off the loving rails once The Algorithm gives them their first real taste of the good stuff. I guess Mr. Beast paid his way to be #1 and stay there and it doesn't hit like it used to? Poor fella :rolleye:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Vaya con Dios, El Gamer....

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Besides the people who stuck around and then went to stream and podcast... are there even "game journalists" anymore? I have been assuming the 2024 equalent of that job is like a Proof Reader for batches of sloppy AI articles published under a psuedonym? Theres also people like that pervy clickbait lady, I guess.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

euroshopper posted:

oh wait i didn't read the last part of that post wtf

i wish i hadnt

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

was trying to find the article that got kotaku blacklisted but instead found a journalism website where the article writers RP as the koopalings

no, you found it, that was the one.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

green knuckles and green sonic

Is there a source on who was making those Chronic the Hemphog bootleg t-shirts I'd see at flea markets in the 90's? they're still around, I think

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

not a clown farm, this is the start of the legitimate global movement that gets Sweet Baby Inc. tried at the no longer woke Hague for Crimes Against Gamers

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Pokemon is a pretty good one but trains are more ftw than ever and Id trade up if I were capable

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Did Lindsey Ellis ever get over getting trolled about Avatar: The Last Airbender? I dont blame her for not poasting or anything, it's fine.

My partner had borrowed her book from the library, and I was like, "Oh neat! It's cool seeing Transformers fanfic as a published library hardcover. It's cool seeing this in person. What a world!" not disparagingly at all! and she was halfway done with the book and all :stare:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Dongicus posted:

and is British.

:stare:

who is letting these people online????

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Grondoth posted:

I'm honestly a bit confused how to take it. I can't imagine anyone ever thinking about the SCUM manifesto at all. "A world without men?" Toad's a dude.

Toad is a fungus

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

pentyne posted:

toad is a fungus

correct, fellow Marioknower

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
you fool!!!!!! those are not mere brick blocks and horse tail plants, those are the citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom transformed by Dark Koopa Magic :tizzy:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Sydin posted:

Why are so many people such loving freaks about Princess Peach?

uhhhh.

honestly, I think its because she's the video games world princess in the phrase "save the princess" and it just goes on from there

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

bobjr posted:

No good ever comes from a group of content creators coming together to live in the same house

"They call themselves content creators, but, in fact, it shall be ME who creates the most content..."

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Did the exaggerated Dragon's Dogma 2 hate get picked up by the Youtube algorithm? lol

"the lie becomes the truth..." as a musician once said 🤔

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Endorph posted:

if you only have dudes theyre like 'perhaps the arisen does not desire female companionship' and its led to a bunch of dudes crying IM NOT GAY I JUST DONT THINK ITS REALISTIC FOR WOMEN TO KILL DRAGONS. its ftw

it is

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Famethrowa posted:

I'm gonna lie about the mtx in dd2

thank u, gamer :patriot:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
uh, yeah, the eternal war of Elf vs Orc is immutable historical fact, and for that reason, Im going to make your life miserable for this disgusting revisionism and relentlessly hound your Twitter account...

oh, wait. it's mostly bots and some people who agree with me now. :(

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

TheMightyBoops posted:

Sweet Baby Rays being trash is a stance I can get behind.

The first ingredient is freaking corn :xd:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Endorph posted:

she outright lied about how it worked and when people corrected her she got into a giant argument on twitter

It's not her fault. You gotta lie about the Dragon's Dogma 2 DLC.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
on a whim, I preordered my son the deluxe DD2 version. he was saying, yeah, DLC is bad, but the negative reviews are difficult to understand and it's very weird that there's so many of them. lol.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

DoctorWhat posted:

Silent Hill is interested in implementing gameplay mechanics that induce negative emotional experiences for the player. When modern games include mechanics that do not produce dopamine, Sterling has a habit of crying foul and claiming that no person has ever appreciated or desired such design choices.

Silent Hill is from the good old days of game development, just ask any of the members of Team Silent :)

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

ahhh, thank you... the good old days

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Why does it always seem to be like this with indie games

I don't think it is, per se, or even game dev in particular, it's just a lot harder to cover up in a small business vs large, tends to be conspicuously at odds with aesthetics and company values, plus ignoring culture war poo poo for easy points, and the very catty/gossipy/online nature of the gig, the consumer.. Gamers... tend to be insane as hell regardless of what they happen to believe in at the moment

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Woke madness... Capcom charges $1.99 on the cash shop to have an NPC call you gay and volcel exactly one time. Who tf is buying this crap!?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Terrible Opinions posted:

Every claimed video "first" has to have a little asterix that says indie rpgmaker games and visual novels don't count.

lmao

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Endorph posted:

do kids in high school today have turf wars over which youtubers they like

yes, but it's like, Andrew Tate nonsense

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Alaois posted:

i loving hate hugo, i hate looking at that little freak

I am Hugo Agnostic... but this isn't irrational

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I'm sorry, but I simply have no need to partake in Augmented Reality. The world around us is weird and beautiful enough, if you take the time to remember how to look...

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I work a physically demanding job and I have no screens or LEDs in my bedroom

I fall asleep in about 5 minutes and I get about 8 hours of sleep a night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

B33rChiller posted:

Congrats! Do you feel well when you wake? Is it quality sleep? If so, celebrate that, and don't throw off the rhythm.
Working on getting there, myself.

It is very restful, very deep sleep, but waking up is an existential nightmare where I struggle to comprehend my most basic functions lol