Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I think at max single digits

at the same time I’m looking to understand how online leftist think. so far it’s a lot of yelling past people and projecting. I’m not seeing a lot of calls to action or meaningful alternatives.

in the meantime I’ll continue to vote and donate what I can to causes that move the needle left. it’s a proven strategy so far.

How in the world do you figure voting and donating has moved the needle left.considering the needle has been swinging right the entire time any of us has been alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
How in the world do you figure throwing water on this fire will help, considering it is still burning after you spat into it

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Eugene V. Dubstep posted:

How in the world do you figure throwing water on this fire will help, considering it is still burning after you spat into it

https://www.firerescue1.com/communi...0pan%20outside.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

I don’t think Eugene is on fire.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

https://twitter.com/Millerheighife/status/1323030374180511744

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

drat...even the right does more action than online leftists

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

getting mad as h*ck at the lazy leftists in my head while posting constantly in a thread that constitutes the entirety of my political action short of a statistically meaningless ge vote for a rapist war criminal

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

idk about you guys but i love communism and its iconic and timeless symbol of empowered workers, the hammer and hammer with curved handle

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

it’s a new day.

don’t forget to donate your time, energy, or money to leftist causes

and don’t forget to vote

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

it’s a new day.

and don’t forget to vote

Didn’t I tell you to work on the subtlety of your trolling?

ffs :ughh:

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
they keep telling me to vote but for who???

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

qsvui posted:

they keep telling me to vote but for who???

Vote for somebody, not against someone else.

If you can, vote, because not doing so encourages making voting for anyone at all harder.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

endlessmonotony posted:

Vote for somebody, not against someone else.

If you can, vote, because not doing so encourages making voting for anyone at all harder.

:words:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

endlessmonotony posted:

This isn't coherent enough to be wrong

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

it’s a new day.

and don’t forget to vote

I just donated to the lincoln project :)

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

miniscule12 posted:

no wait

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

miniscule12 posted:

My Lincoln Project is miscegenation, which the Lincoln Project scammers completely appose (because they’re racist neocons).

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

I don't understand, It's a leftist org that is effective in beating trump

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Halloween Jack posted:

This isn't coherent enough to be wrong

Yes!

Now I can go ahead with the rest of this YouTube video.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

miniscule12 posted:

I don't understand, It's a leftist org that is effective in beating trump

No, listen, nobody's happy with the Lincoln Project. No one likes it. I certainly don't. But we have to work together and beat Trump by any means necessary, so you're going to have to nut up and give those old Republican shitheads all your money.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

No, listen, nobody's happy with the Lincoln Project. No one likes it. I certainly don't. But we have to work together and beat Trump by any means necessary, so you're going to have to nut up and give those old Republican shitheads all your money.

It's insane to me that online armchair leftists are fighting against pragmatic change and harm reduction.

Never trump republicans are better than trump, we have to vote for them.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Rename this thread the “vote blue no matter who” thread

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

d*nate

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

Trabisnikof posted:

I think we need to expand our thinking out of blue team red team thinking.

If you live in a red ocean, you can do your part by registering for the republican party and voting in their primaries to choose the lesser of two evil candidates. It is your duty to pick the least evil republican or else you are actively harming bipoc and lgbtq folx.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

miniscule12 posted:

I think we need to expand our thinking out of blue team red team thinking.

If you live in a red ocean, you can do your part by registering for the republican party and voting in their primaries to choose the lesser of two evil candidates. It is your duty to pick the least evil republican or else you are actively harming bipoc and lgbtq folx.

Well, if we follow that logic, then if you live in a blue state you need to join the Republicans so you can vote for the most likely to succeed Republican so you force the Democrats to run better candidates.

Looks like no matter your goal, the right action is to vote Republican. Well, I'm glad we solved politics.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

there’s a difference in voting strategically nationally and donating to a bunch of former W ghouls

the Lincoln project might be a useful ghoul but there’s no need to increase its war-chest

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

there’s a difference in voting strategically nationally and donating to a bunch of former W ghouls

the Lincoln project might be a useful ghoul but there’s no need to increase its war-chest

you've convinced me

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

“voting strategically,” that famous winning strategy of the lib-Dems. lol loving Christ.

“useful ghoul” for loving what, exactly. dragging the Democrats to the right is all they’ve done.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

"hmmm, this mephistopheles seems like a useful ghoul" says forums poster virtualboyCOLOR

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

hard disagree, they can attack trump in a way that democrats would fail too, if we can push neocons into the democratic party, that's a win for the left.

VOTE!

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

the democratic party is a big tent, we have space for everyone who is willing to come whether they be giant corporations, neocons, or neo-nazis.

richard spencer endorsed joe biden because he realized biden's polices will benefit him in the long run, online leftist splitters want to ruin that opportunity.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

miniscule12 posted:

richard spencer endorsed joe biden because he realized biden's polices will benefit him in the long run, online leftist splitters want to ruin that opportunity.

lmao foir real? why?

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

indigi posted:

lmao foir real? why?

https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/1297439514244214784

Even the people we disagree with can see the light of our pragmaticism. We need a competent office to act as a footstool for real progressive change. Though we may be voting for different reasons, it's clear how effective the law and order messaging of the biden campaign is. Online leftists would balk at this, their obsession with purity politics blinds them to the fundamental fact that this is good news for america!

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

gotta admit that seeing the fash endorsing the neoliberal is one hell of a plot twist

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

Knowing I stand shoulder to shoulder with such political giants such as john kasich, anthony scaramucci, and colin powell I fully understand that my vote is a seed that will prosper into a strong flower of progressivism that could do amazing things such as be used as a decoration for a child's coffin.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
No no no no, I didn't say donate, I said DO Nate, as in have sex with Nate Silver

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

it’s the most magical day in the USA.

don’t forget to vote

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

putting my ballot under the Votemas tree and hoping for my Votemas wishes to come true... :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.