Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

bawfuls posted:

too late i did it myself but good effort

Such a slimeball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Haha get hosed Osuna.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Artix posted:

Oh thank God I was so afraid we were gonna let Iglesias walk for bullshit reasons.

I remember reading that despite the crazy babip he had he was also among the leaders in expected avg from contact quality.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

uggy posted:

Ya in 2020 but never before that.

Every year before this was an xwOBA under .300 but 2020 it was .370

Nothin gets by you.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol that Turner is completely getting a pass, what a reckless selfish piece of poo poo.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1325163362863390720

Guess that means Taijuan Walker won't be back since I think the Jays wanted to fill two spots in the rotation, one at the back end and one at the front.

I can't tell if this is a joke, everyone after Ryu, including Ray, is back of the rotation material.

I really hope they bring Walker back.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ryu "free agent" Pearson,, ray, collection of 5th starters and minor league arms.

I'm not sure what sorta joke you think I'm making.

That Ray was near the front of the rotation and now they only needed one at the back.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ya I never said that? Its not like Walker would be a front end rotation starter either. They're both back end guys.

Ya I know that? I was making light of potentially Ray being viewed as a front of the rotation guy.

Everything all cleared up for you?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Are you?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

Dontrelle came very close to winning a Cy Young

Man he was fun to watch that year.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Holy loving poo poo

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

I honestly agree, bartolo obsession is epic bacon Reddit poo poo

This is a dumb take, nobody is obsessed.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Chamale posted:

That's why I don't like fantasy baseball, so many stupid weightings and it's usually just adding up numbers to see who won.

H2h at least captures some of the randomness of baseball, roto is for the true power-nerds.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jays get close but lose out on top import talent, as is tradition. As is tradition.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You should either be of the pov it has an asterisk or not going in, judging it by the result of what happened is some weakass bullshit.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Shiroc posted:

One time I saw a game in Cleveland against the Astros in 2014 and a guy kept screaming "YOU SUCK GROSSMAN" of all people on the team. It's the only thing I've thought of every time his name comes up.

This is the proper way to heckle, as a mere mutlti millionaire instead of someone sitting on tens or hundreds of millions he's more susceptible.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

The Blue Jays are doing a great job at almost signing people but then not signing them

Being aggressive equates to lame duck contract offerings.

They tried!!!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

in a perfect world I'd like the Mets to pick up Springer and a non-Bauer starter, but if the season started tomorrow I'd still be really pleased with how the offseason went

Well I'd fuckin hope so

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man if the Jays don't sign Springer this offseason will be such a loving joke. On me, for being a jackass and believing their "aggressive" talk.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Gerblederp posted:

Holy poo poo Jays did a thing

I'm legit shocked, and happy to eat my own words bitching about their aggressive talk being bs.

Nomnom, delicious!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Shiroc posted:

I was already down this week and now I'm feeling devastated, which feels weird since I never actually saw him play but he was always one of the legends. When I was in Milwaukee I wandered around the Brewers parking lot in the rain before the game to find the plaque for his last home run. Hank and Willie are the only two autographed balls I have for people I never saw play in person but I needed to have them. I'm glad I did get to see Hank speak a few years ago at the Frank Robinson statue dedication in Cleveland.

Devastated, really? Dude was 86.

(I'm not trying to rip on you.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

rickiep00h posted:

https://youtu.be/NyWNCrxVzPU

"You tell him 'no.'"

Edit: this video is literally why I was happy when he came to the Twins, and I've been nothing but happy since, even with injuries.

Guy is ruthless lmao.

It sucks he left the Jays with a bad taste in his mouth, game 3 of the 2016 alds was the best game I've ever been to and his winning run owned.