Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Obviously the stinger at the end is terrific but I love how they're just reintroducing stuff that has existed in other parts of Star Wars into canon. Like the Kyrat Dragon. And the small shot at the end when they show off the pearl. In Star Wars expanded content those are extremely valuable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

So uh, at the end was that Temuera Morrison.

Confirmed, it's Boba Fett. I hope this little shot isn't the last of him...

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

That episode was basically more or less Dave Filoni saying, yes, some of the best non-movie star wars is absolutely canon.

What an episode.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

If I recall it was Netflix that canceled the marvel stuff and not Marvel.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Yeah I think it's pretty clear if Ahsoka wanted to kill the magistrate, she would be dead. Much harder to subdue for interrogation.

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok so like if I wanted to know who Thrawn is or who Ahsoka is or whatever can someone pretty please recommend an episode guide or a comic book or whatever. That was super badass and way better than I was expecting. I hated Grogu at the first reading and then was completely 180 and went like "oh yeah that makes sense that's def a yoda name ok cool" but Mando is probably still gonna call him 'kid' alot.

Ahsoka Tano was Anakin Skywalker's (Darth Vader) padawan apprentice through the clone wars.

Grand Admiral Thrawn is much lesser known. He's a chiss (blue skin red glowing eyes human) who is so good at his job that the human-supremacist empire couldn't justify not putting him in his position due to racism. He's a strategic genius and one of the most dangerous non-force users in the galaxy.

Every time he was directly involved in a battle against the rebel alliance they had to go into full retreat.

He even could have defeated the nascant rebellion. He was in charge of a space superiority Tie Defender program. Tie fighters to be mass produced with hyperspace travel, powerful cannons, and shields. But imperial incompetency ruined it.

To illustrate what Thrawn is like as a imperial leader, the heroes of the story are escaping and the tractor beam operator fails to capture them due to incompetency. So he has them executed.

Later on a similar situation happens and the replacement operator fails to capture them as well. But on delivering his report and expecting execution Thrawn promotes him. The operator showed initiative and quick thinking but circumstances outside his control were why he failed, not incompetency.

Basically in a world of black and white Thrawn is the ultimate pragmatist.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

jivjov posted:

This is untrue. The only setup from TFA that TLJ does not directly follow up on is Maz's line "thats a story for another time" regarding her having Luke's old saber.

I think it's more the last jedi's follow-ups are there to subvert expectations for the director's sake rather than be satisfying.

I personally liked the idea Rey's parents were nobodies because they goes with theme of anyone can be a hero they pushed. But clearly from the onset this kinda wasn't the plan.

So when people say it didn't matter is because clearly Johnson could have developed things jlbut just kinda dropped them. Look at Phasma for instance.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Chillgamesh posted:

Also was that little critter in the back alley scene while the guards are hunting/getting owned by Ahsoka a lothcat? :3:

Yes! You can even catch a convor watching over Ahsoka in the forest scene.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Reik posted:

After Elsbeth knocks away one of Ahsoka's lightsabers, Ahsoka switches to her reverse grip Shien style and ends the duel in the next exchange, which leads me to believe Ahsoka wasn't taking it serious at the beginning.

Yeah. She just got done defeating her army. There are a million things she could have done. Used the force to pull the staff from her hands, or pushed her down, sliced her fingers off. And so on.

I think she just wanted to give an honorable duel and defeat her without injury so she could interrogate her.

If Ahsoka wanted to kill Elsbeth, it wouldn't have been much of a fight for a trained, experienced and powerful jedi.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Within a few days Din Djarin has encountered two of the most dangerous beings in the galaxy.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The World Inferno posted:

If nothing else, it's kind of nice to re-establish that jedi are OP and uncommon as hell in the galaxy. Hope the other shows follow suit- oh who am I kidding.

Already bored by the setup for the Boba show but hey, I wasn't excited for this one. Bring on the avalanche of SW

I think it's less this but more that Luke Skywalker at this point is one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

J33uk posted:

That was one bombad Jedi in the flashback!

Just to clarify for people who are like "Who is this guy?" Kelleran Beq is played by Ahmed Best. Otherwise known as Jar Jar Binks.

I feel like all the prequel trilogy actors are getting their redemption arcs now.