Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Do you have Chong? Lay his aura down for cryo dmg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

He’s should be a caster given how he has a magic circle in front of his house and an alchemical laboratory.

Hopefully he'll be the first fist user. "I cast fist"

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Hmm, just pulled a Kequing. It's a shame it's such an investment to bring them up to speed, makes it feel like I need to be 100% sure what I'd be doing with her (relative to my current party, she's clearly a carry) before I start trying things out.

She's fun and cool. Just do it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Joink posted:

Mona is the best DMG support in the game. Simply switch to her, press Q, switch back to a bursty attack character such as your KLEE and boom.

And you might as well throw an R5 tales of thrilling dragon slayer or w/e on her if this is your plan, which, yeah

S.J.
May 19, 2008

kater posted:

Hey thanks yall and everyone for the tips but I have a real dumb thing to ask like... how do people use Barbara? I pulled Jean on the beginner banner so I've always used Jean for healing. And its very simple early game because she's a fine attacker and attacking heals and makes energy and you get the big heal and big damage and thats all simple things that you want to be doing.

Do people keep Barbara out and attacking in order to heal, or are you supposed to trust in the regen? I always just feel scared swapping to an already damaged person and hoping you don't take more damage than you are getting back. You surely aren't supposed to pre-emptively use the shield right?

And actually now that I'm asking that and looking at her numbers I haven't leveled her talents and maybe that's why I'm not understanding how she works. And also maybe the unleveled artifacts. Is it ever worth using something stronger than Thrilling Tales on her? The burst is just a heal so I'm guessing no.

Pop her out, use her ability, then get a couple rounds of her combo or charge attack in if you need the healing, then swap her out again. Burst when necessary. A lot of people like to put the thrilling tales of dragon slayers or w/e on her for the damage buff since she doesn't stay out long. Her combo fires off fairly quick though so it can be useful for breaking shields but her damage is garbage otherwise so don't worry. She can be useful in some domains for clearing conditions from yourself since her abilities make you wet.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Sarsapariller posted:

Where do people find the resin to do stuff like weekly bosses? I'm at AR36 now and I'm spending literally all of my daily resin farming weapon mats and talent books for my main team, just barely keeping up with the pace of levelling on two main dps and funneling any excess into my healer and support. If I have any resin left over on a given day, I usually spend it trying to hit the 20 ley-line weekly BP requirement and make some mora at the same time.

Actually the resin requirements are beginning to aggravate me in general. The BP's got "Spend 1200 resin" as a weekly requirement and that is particularly frustrating- you can only generate 1260 resin across a whole week, max, if you are regenerating new resin every minute of every day. I log in every evening and spend 160 every day which hasn't even brought me close- if I wanted to hit that number I'd need to log in twice a day to make sure I never hit the cap. As it is I'll need to burn 6 or 7 fragile resin to make up the difference. It just feels punishing.

If it helps you can log in during the day on mobile and make some condensed resin

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Clarste posted:

People in this thread have been talking about character synergies and tiers and stuff, which makes me feel like an absolute idiot so I'd like some advice. This is my current roster:

I've been using Sucrose as my "main" dps because I love the swooshing AOE effects of swirl so I wanted more Wind, all the time. She's still absolutely amazing at killing groups, but I'm starting to realize at level 70 that her normal attacks are... bad. Really bad. Fischl and Xingqiu are both amazing as "switch to them for 2 seconds to use their skills/bursts and then switch out" characters, while Noelle keeps me alive and is also surprisingly strong when her Burst is up.

Anyway, the main problem I'm having is that apparently Water and Lightning are crappy elements and I need Pyro or Cryo to kill slimes in any reasonable amount of time. I tried out Xiangling briefly (replacing Xingqiu) but tbh I hated playing her. In particular her Skill seems really awkward to apply Pyro with and her Burst took too long to charge (although maybe that was an effect of the Domain I was trying her out in). I guess maybe an obvious thing would be to replace Sucrose with Xiangling with a physical build, but honestly I still really enjoy the giant swooshing AOE effects so that would make me sad.

Edit: Xingqiu is at C0, btw. Everyone else I'm using is C1.

Level Razor, he's practically a 5* DPS and you don't have to worry a ton about his element, he can just rely on physical damage. If you have a claymore prototype, build him a Prototype Aminus. He'll carry you through literally whatever.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Honestly the only way you could compare tiers imo is to look at specific team comps vs specific abyss stages/domains/bosses because other than that you could be using nothing but free characters and still style on almost everything in the game with not much effort

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Bruceski posted:

I must be misunderanding how stats work. While her talent converting all her damage to Electro is a clear sign to avoid Prototype Ranceur's physical damage stat I thought attack like what the Flute boosts was factored into everything.

What should I be looking at for her?

The flat attack bonus secondary stat does factor into everything, other characters just get more out of it in specific situations. I think Jean heals as a portion of damage dealt, which is a good reason to keep an atk boosting weapon on her. I really don't know too much specifically what he's on about re: physical builds, I was using the Flute perfectly fine with Keqing up until recently, but he's right in saying that there are other options that are better, even if the difference doesn't seem huge at first. If you have the Battle Pass, get the sword from there, because its secondary stat is crit rate and Keqing likes to stack crit rate because as she ascends she gets naturally high crit damage, and that way her crit normals/charge attacks will also heal her. That's what I'm doing right now and she's an absolute monster.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I don't think there's a legitimately bad character in the game fwiw

e: even Lisa

S.J.
May 19, 2008

There's gonna be a 5* cryo sword user samurai lady at some point and I assume that's where she's from

S.J.
May 19, 2008

funkymonks posted:

Welp just used my Gacha luck up. This was my next pull after getting Childe from pity, trying for a C2 Ningguang.

Now I need to put some more thought into my 2nd Abyss team.

Keqing is the best, all my homies think Diluc is a dumb rear end in a top hat

Electric Waifu Vergil Team represent

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I doubt anyone here particularly cares, but spending money on games like this isn't any worse than spending them on MTG or miniatures or any other collectible hobby you happen to have. As long as you can afford it who gives a poo poo, just have fun with the game.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ash Rose posted:

Just pulled Tart, also c4 on XQ which is cool since I am really starting to like having him on my team. At this point should I just hoard primos until we get a new banner?

Unless you really want to get C's for the 4* on the banner or get a copy of something on the weapon banner, absolutely just start saving. I'll be saving through the next character banner myself despite how much I want that guitar lady...

Although getting more C's on Chong wouldn't be too bad...

S.J.
May 19, 2008

kater posted:

i KNOW i DIDN'T MEAN TO BE LIKE shameful, BUT ITS JUST i WAS LOOKING AT IT AND REALIZED IT WAS JUST THINGS. sPEND MONEY, OR DON'T. iT'S COOL,.

I didn't catch the whole conversation so I wasn't trying to call anyone out, but also lol caps lock bruh

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Yay, I think my Keqing is now finally strong enough to do more damage as a carry than my Jean (did her fourth ascension today and leveled her to 70, plus leveling up one of her key artifacts). She has something like 1850 attack now.

One kind of awkward thing is that she seems to do more damage when her attacks aren't electric (likely due to Aquila Favonia's Physical bonus), so using her ability that makes your attacks afterwards change to electric seems to briefly weaken her.

That only happens if you teleport to the pin, you can do a charge attack to keep your damage physical.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Tae posted:

Why does Mona have so much screen time, more than almost any other 5 star

put her on rate up goddamnit

rear end

S.J.
May 19, 2008

kater posted:

This is what I got instead of Diona.

coolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcool.

Game is so needing 4 star lances they had to copy a 3 star effect onto one whaaaaaaaaaaaaat the gently caress.

I wouldn't even use this over the other 4 star lance I've already rolled and ain't using.

cooolcollcolcololcololcoolocool.

just do like 5 more ten pulls it'll be fine

S.J.
May 19, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Someone help, how do I break these targets for Ellin? She's reinforced these things out of like, Hillichurl shields, they're way too strong.

Do you have Klee?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

IDGAF Childe/Baedou is a loving dream team

S.J.
May 19, 2008

nightwisher posted:

Childe is nice with Beidou's ult, but that's not worth running them both in a party since she's not a main dps. My best success with him so far has been XQ/Klee/Xianling, running him with skyward harp and focusing crit. Gets some absolutely ridiculous area damage.

Yes she is, what? You can main her just fine. And mine is at c4. Childe/beidou/Bennet, I've only got the BP bow for him but it still does a lot of work. Groups of mobs vanish in like 2 seconds flat once he starts up, and on CD she can go ape too. That's the whole point.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 24, 2020

S.J.
May 19, 2008

padijun posted:

is there a guide somewhere explaining who should get which BP weapons?

Who are you wondering about?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I finally knocked out chapter 8 of the adventure log and I don't feel as fulfilled as I was hoping. Alas.

gacha.txt

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Vargs posted:

Bennett's ult says that it increases damage based on his base ATK. What does this mean, exactly? Just his weapon and nothing else? I have to admit I haven't been impressed at all with him at level 70 with a level 50 Favonious Sword. Takes Ningguang's basic projectiles from around 915 damage to around 1020. Not really a noticeable increase and I'm reluctant to sink in even more resources to maybe boost that very slightly more.

On a related note, how is Diona as a healer compared to Bennett?

He needs to have a weapon of comperable level as him or the ATK boost is going to feel irrelevant. And I believe it is just his base stats + the ATK from his weapon as a bonus. They're both very good healers, but Diona's heal does cryo damage and doesn't have an innate cap on when it stops. She also provides a shield that makes movement more efficient.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Okay look is HI3 worth trying out at this point or nah

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ruby Prism posted:

Having played an okay amount of Honkai Impact 3rd, I felt the lore was simultaneously impenetrable and incredibly uninteresting. The character drama carried the storyline on an emotional level - but the history of the world, the conflicts between the factions, time paradoxes, alternate realities, etc - all struck me as "my first fanfic" drivel.

Blazblue, got it

S.J.
May 19, 2008

homeless snail posted:

To the people worrying about the BP earlier, theres 645 bep in dailies and 5220 in weeklies, 25 days/4 weeks left including today/this week, meaning 16 levels of dailies and almost 21 levels of weeklies. So if you're anywhere above level 13 right now you're just fine. If you actually want to clear the BP I definitely encourage you to pull out a calculator or a spreadsheet to see exactly how much effort you need to put in, because some of the weeklies are just pains in the rear end and aren't worth doing (the leyline one especially if youre not interested in grinding them)

I hit BP 40 today oops

S.J.
May 19, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Its all the same in the end, just whether you wanna put a lot of effort in up front to get your poo poo sooner or half rear end it for the full season. Good news is you dont have to give a poo poo about anything anymore, dailies alone will get you across the line

Yeah I dunno why the gently caress I was thinking there was less time than there is, I've been playing too much the last week

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only person that likes Sucrose more than Venti.

There are dozens of us.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Corla Plankun posted:

I looked at reddit for this game today and I'd just like to thank you all for not being anything like the genshin subreddit.

some of the memes are funny at least

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Mailer posted:

Wow, co-op is a dumpster fire. The biggest highlight was being kicked from a Fischl/Diluc/Venti team for picking Kaeya.

I guess I'll blow resin on lower level versions for a purple witch's set and call it a day.

Jump in the discord and do it with goons!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Vargs posted:

Leveled up and kitted out Beidou since she seemed like the coolest character in this game.

I'm pretty underwhelmed, not gonna lie. She's pretty godawful if you aren't getting nonstop perfect counters which isn't particularly practical. Very satisfying when it works out though. I kinda can't believe how bad her normal/charged attacks are.

Perfect counters are a timing thing, but getting hit twice during the shield is the exact same as a perfect counter, fwiw

E: Beaten, but Beidou is my favorite character in the game because I love parry mechanics

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Mailer posted:

Beidou's counters are one of the most fun things you can do in this game and I wish I could use her in more situations.

Do you ever feel like taking zero damage from a ruin guards rocket barrage?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

No Wave posted:

I feel like almost all my characters (Keqing, Tartaglia, Xiangling, Bennett, Xingqiu, Diona) want at least 2 piece Noblesse Oblige artifacts. The only ones who don't are Venti and Fischl. Even when the Hydro set comes out only Tartaglia will come off of that list. It makes farming pretty easy but it would be nice if a few more farmable "neutral" 5-star sets were added.

I don't think Keqing actually needs Oblige.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Bennet and XQ are excellent Noblesse choices though.

e: And Diona probably

S.J. fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Nov 30, 2020

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

Unless you're using them in the same team, in which case either Bennett or Diona gets it and the other(s) get something like Scholar/Exile (or possibly Maiden's Beloved in the case of Diona). Noblesse Oblige's 4 piece bonus doesn't stack with itself, so while there are quite a few characters who make good use of it only one character on a team should have it, and given cooldowns and energy generation that's probably not Xingqiu.

Fair I'm just thinking the 2 piece

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ashenai posted:

Man, I kinda wish Petrify (Zhongli's ult effect) was an elemental reaction instead (Geo+Cryo or something). It would be a cool alternative to Frozen.

Same :/

But he looks like he'll pair crazy well with Ning, so I'm looking forward to that if I pull him.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ashenai posted:

AGH DON'T SAY THAT

I don't have Ning and I have around 11k primos saved up... I could so easily pull a bunch on the Childe banner hoping to get her... but I don't really want anyone else from the banner, and I just don't think it's worth the risk. Agh.

Yeah if that's all you're looking for I wouldn't worry about it. I'm considering not pulling on the Zhongli banner because I want Xinyan more than anything, but... we'll see

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ashenai posted:

I'm confused, the Zhongli banner is the one with Xinyan!

I'm considering not pulling on it, but I know my desire to have a character that reminds me of Dante from DMC3 will outweigh my better judgement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Ashenai posted:

Geo being universally Crystallize is the most boring poo poo ever though, why would anyone want that?

Yeah I get it, tanky element, but still. At least make Crystallize do something else, unique to the element! Like, if picking up those crystals also had effects on the battlefield, that would be fun and tactical.

I'm not familiar enough with the systems yet to know if Geo is weak (although I believe the people who say it is). My problem is that it's boring. It could really use some cool poo poo.

The nice thing about the shields is they give you a big boost to interrupt resistance on top of the damage absorption, but it's definitely not enough.