Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
genshin is good because few games let you be so overly snarky to your cutesy mascot companion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
that ending to 1.1 was certainly worth a chuckle.
Zhongli just upending the entire rule of his nation-state, destroying the fed, handing all his power to the bad guys, then loving off.

"Nooooooo!!! You can't just abandon 3700 years of contracts to go off adventuring!!"

"What's mora?"

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

haha wtf is wrong with people :psyduck:

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Gotta say I appreciate this event pulling me to spots I wouldn't normally traverse, or approach them from odd angles I don't normally see. Even after all these hours ran across an ice covered chest and I legit can't remember running into one like that before.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol, I appreciate in the latest quest they just acknowledge "yo, check out how crazy and unique this dude's outfit is, he'll be a five star"

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
0$, no rerolls, but started a couple days after release. Very average imo

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

matryx posted:

Probably worth noting that a lot of these are from the character archive page, which shows everyone. The darker/duller ones aren't in the roster.

Yeah, looking at the rosters posted, most of them seem to fall in the boundaries of where I'd expect to see people at depending on rerolls and/or money spent. Obviously a small amount of outlying, but hey 0.6% isn't zero and obviously people will be at different spots in their pity timers.

Avynte fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 20, 2020

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Flair posted:

Overall, the English localization comes off pretty bad. They use the weirdest word choices; the English localization team, if a team at all, does not seem well-verse in English idioms, diction, and connotation.

yeah, i thought things were janky at first, and then the major mistranslation of childe's lines really just put it into wtf are they doing territory.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

i was curious about his female disguise from the past but i guess Hu Tao will fit the bill if she's the datamined character model i'm thinking of. their aesthetics seem to be similar by virtue of working together at the funeral parlor.

maybe someday we'll get the waifu-zhongli and chibi-zhongli

(web event text)

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, if 2 years down the line we have costume gacha, pet gacha, and furniture gacha, i won't be too salty if we get easy to focused-farm characters too.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

I'm surprised by how hard they made the meteors. I'm AR45 and Tartaglia+Fischl are two of my leveled characters so it should be easy as hell but some of these are still messed up on mobile (hydrogunner+lightning guy specifically).

I think a lot of the annoyance would be fixed if they showed what enemies would spawn before the fight started because fatui demand hard counters.

The top level fatui heavy spawns are definitely my hardest fights too with having to fight in the tiny circle + the mixed comps due to no hard idea what will spawn.. Cryo + lightning gets pretty rough and poor Xiangling has to put in a lot of work as my only decent fire character.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I've gotten three Beidous in a row from this current banner

I have a fully leveled razor already. I dont want a beidou, I just want a Diona

Game please

I wish I could trade you, I just want more Beidou const for my waifu team and I love her playstyle.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RareAcumen posted:

Is there a way to grind companionship EXP? I have pretty much never used Noelle or Lisa so their stories are never gonna unlock if this doesn't change.

I haven't tested it to see if it still works, but this post shows a pillar in mondstadt you can cycle for 10/day random events. https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/jbaz3r/trigger_the_random_world_event_with_nearly_100/

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
game is a time gated pve marathon, if you're breaking out a spreadsheet you're doing it wrong lol

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Out of curiosity what chapter of the adventurer log are people on? I've been walled at chapter 7 for ages because I'm either too busy or too tired to farm and it wants me to get 8 artifacts to level 16 and ascend a character to level 80 cap.

Also I just realized today that the only 4* character I'm missing at this point is Chongyun. And Xinyan when she comes out. I'm too fanatical about collecting characters. :shepface:

hit 45 this week and have been stalled at chapter 8 for most of 40+

just haven't had the ambition to farm mats for the last weapon to 70, and 1 to phase 5

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ashenai posted:

Scaramouche didn't say everything is fake, though. He said the sky and the stars were fake. I think that's an important distinction, and makes me more inclined to think something like Teyvat is a colony ship (the Ark), than the "it's all a simulation" thing.

yeah, i don't buy the simulation theory either. you can have a ship/planet/colony thing still controlled by all powerful, not so benign, "celestial" beings we eventually have to topple and it would fit just fine in the story. i mean, the final chapter of the storyline preview straight up calls out "we will defy this world with a power from beyond!"

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
grinding out some friendship points with different characters than my usual squad, and lmao at the reveal that Ningguang is a tabletop wargamer

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

So I started (very) late and only just now hit AR 35 and I'm starting to feel like I'm getting ARs faster than I'm getting materials to keep my characters as equipped as possible. Is "Whoops I accidentally built my team bad and now the world level is too high for me to feasibly get anything down" something I need to super concern myself about, and if so, is there value in sticking at 35 while I dump resin into the bosses I can currently kill so that I've got the leveling materials once the world level starts getting Up There?

like posted above, don't skimp out on raising your WL, the extra drops are worth it. 35 is the big sink point, but once you hit 40+ you'll feel the pressure ease up some as your A team will probably be close to maxed til 50. there probably will feel like some bumps with the jump in WL, but just make sure you're actually paying attention to using your reactions and it'll be fine. Heck I only seriously invested in artifacts for 2 characters until 45 and have had zero issues in overworld and weekly bosses.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
geez, that zhongli personal quest was a massive tonal shift compared to all the rest being kinda silly romps with a character. guess it's fitting that the god of capitalism was all about crushing those in his way and ~no room for weakness or kindness~

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stanko-Prussian posted:

My childe from the last banner came out really weird and had a big hat and boobs, does that mean hitting the pity on this banner is 100% on the john glee coinflip? i know the 90 carries over i just don't know about the 50/50 bit

e: absolutely okay with getting mona though, her passive talent is probably the best in the game

yeah, if you don't hit the featured 5* on a banner, your next will be that character (i got qiqi on venti, then childe on childe)

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

zgrowler2 posted:

Tart loves XL for vaporize procs since her abilities stay on the field when she isn't. Ditto for Fischl. Bennett is a solid support for his ability to help charge XL ult while making you near unkillable, invaluable on cooldowns. For Tart you want to prioritize making reactions proc while he melees everything to death, and since he drops stance on swap you want the reaction help on the field before he Es. Anyone who can drop things on the field for him to play with is good.

Yup, this is my experience with the boy as well and it rocks. No Bennet yet, but have Qiqi in for healing and the little wisp lets me freeze dudes left and right. I can't wait for the new water set to actually deck him out in good 5*'s

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I maxed out the battle pass without doing any of this dumb stuff to grind specifically for bp exp.
It looked like it would be a tight margin on the very first one but now they give you 10-15 levels worth of exp from event-related battlepass goals and you can basically ignore the bp and still get it to 50 if you're logging in every day.

yeah, my playtime dropped immensely compared to the first BP and still hit 50 on the last day just logging in for 20 minutes daily goofing around spending my resin and doing the daillies. Once or twice a week i'd spend an hour running around and collecting some mats I need for ascension, but never any specific "i'm farming for BP points today"

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

kater posted:

Lol @ not being excited for new chests and forty free rolls and new quests and omg more game to play because something about the abyss.

lol for real. gimme those fuckin chests.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
had 37 pulls saved up hoping for a bennet. Got dupes at least of fisch x2, sucrose, and a dumb bow.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Framboise posted:

I dunno, but on PC I swear my framerate has gone down. Anyone else notice this?

my performance this patch, even just running around the old zones has had some noticeable slowdowns where it used to be absolutely rock solid with the gpu barely spooling up.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
WL7 has felt less of an impact than WL6 tbh. Getting to ascend 3/4 of my A-team to 6 and bring one dps to 90 gave a nice power boost I didn't get last time. Any other enemy hp/dmg increases will yet again go down with time and farming like always.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

EDIT: This sucrose trial makes her look soooo much better than the last one...

yeah, this round of trials they really worked the enemy / team comps to sell the characters in some perfect setups lol

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol, out exploring around i definitely wasn't expecting the boar king miniboss. dude nearly kicked my butt

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Dear god why is the Hydro boss so much more long, involved, and brutally difficult than the other five elements. I'm so loving done with this lovely fight and its obscene damage numbers and death nukes.

bring a geo character and the hydro shields will completely negate any damage trivializing the fight. combine it with a ranged character that can react with hydro and you'll have no problem with the all the bird spawns.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
oh, huh, the ice dome threw me for a loop as well as I figured it was tied to quest progression. walked over and did the challenge then just left because i figured "nah, they can't be related"

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
between scaramouche and now the summit of dragonspire, it looks like the metaplot hints are going to be doled out pretty regularly. The shattered pillar matches up with the ones on the loading screen, so that ties "the sky is fake" pretty nicely with the whole 'loading screen matches real world time vs teyvat accelerated time' Guess the whole fatui gathering power thing will be to somehow invade there eventually? :shrug: Be interesting to see what's up with the floating mass the camera zoomed in on at the end that we've seen in they sky for a long time now.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

kater posted:

I don't think those are story quests. Just event quests like Fischl's? Unless that stuff also got added to the main game as just a questline, that'd be cool.

That's my interpretation as well. I'm sure when his key unlock personal quest comes we'll get to play him.

e; oh, huh, so they removed the key requirement. guess maybe during the last stage then?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Zhongli is a lame-o that only cares about following the rules and you buying him expensive gifts. Childe throws money around like there's no tomorrow and lives for gud fites and protecting his family. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
seconding the unleveled amber + frost res potion if you feel like tanking a couple hits. completely trivializes the fight at wl7.