Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

zgrowler2 posted:

Klee should be in jail

The game is vague about whether Klee has actually killed/maimed anyone with her bombs.

Maybe that one locked door in the Dawn Winery estate is where they keep the corpses from Klee's hijinks.

edit: Oh dang, maybe this is the story behind Timmy's father

No Wave posted:

3.) Don't do any artifact domains until at least AR40 (I'm still waiting until AR45)

It seems pretty decent at AR40; I was getting a 5* artifact every other run or so. I haven't done much artifact grinding just because I need lots of other stuff more, but I did it once and was surprised at how much I got.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I have one more Geoculus to finish the Liyue statues. So far both of the times I've used the geoculi tracking tool it's taken me to a place where there were a handful of chests I was missing. I'm kind of surprised at the number of chests I've apparently missed according to the "exploration percent" (which I assume takes into account chests); I'm at like 75-80% for most Liyue zones.

After playing some more with Childe, I've confirmed that he is definitely the best AoE damage I've invested in; he just completely slaughters groups of enemies in a very satisfying way. It seems like it's best to have a second DPS character against single targets, though.

One kind of nice thing is that like half of the beefy individual enemies in the game are the robot things, which bow/arrow are good against due to being able to stun them. So he avoids needing another bow and arrow user for that sort of thing.

edit: I'm becoming increasingly convinced that in the long-run people will end up with a bunch of max level characters, with talents being the thing that take forever to max (similar to skill levels in FGO). At higher levels it just becomes easier to get the mats necessary to max ascend, and even the last couple ascensions don't require more than a few days of gathering materials.

nightwisher posted:

So I've got 4 Widsiths from my pulls and I'm wondering if it's worth running on my Klee. I'm only AR 24 so she's just using a max refined emerald orb i tossed onto her, but widsith seems like it can offer a huge damage bump. I run barbera with tales as well.

I imagine it partly depends upon what your alternative options are. I'm using Eye of Perception on Ningguang because, like you, I have 4 of them. The scales might tip in favor of Solar Pearl as I refine it from the BP, though (I'd prefer Solar Pearl all other things equal, but Eye of Perception currently does a ton of damage; in general the weapons that have a "activates every __ seconds" where the time decreases with refinement seem to benefit a lot from said refinement).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Nov 13, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ashenai posted:

Yeah Crystal Butterflies. You mostly see them at night, there's always 4-5 around the big tree in Windrise.

There are also several in front of the geo artifact dungeon.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yesterday I got some achievement for killing all the Oceanid mob types. I'm amazed that I somehow never got that until I had already fought Oceanid like 20+ times, and I'm not sure which mob was the one I needed.

I also got an achievement for dodging all the water explosions, and I have no idea how I managed that.

funkymonks posted:

I wish they gave us the ability to crunch weapons and artifacts into xp crystals to help with the inventory management. As someone who has not yet gotten to AR45 and hasn't done a lot of artifact farming so I don't have much to dump xp into, I am constantly full of artifacts.

I believe that feeding weapons to a level capped weapon transforms them into crystals, though I don't know if the exchange rate is 1:1 with what you'd normally get (which isn't exactly much to begin with).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 13, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

inthesto posted:

Oceanid is my least favorite of the elites, but there's definitely domains I like even less

The geo artifact domain seems to take longer to complete than any others I've tried, but it also takes a while if I do it solo. It's kind of a roll of the dice whether I get powerful teammates that off-set the increase in mob HP (they do have increased HP in co-op, right? definitely seems like it).

Speaking of that domain, is the correct way to deal with the guardians shooting missiles to just get distance on them? If you're close it seems impossible to dodge, but if you're further you can.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I finished my Geoculi and finished the pillar quest! It gave me some decent cash plus a Noblesse Oblige 5* artifact with decent stats (I'm guessing its stats are random).

edit: The Battle Pass really gave a great amount of Mora; even after getting Childe to 70 and Skyward Harp from 60-80 (plus some other random stuff) I still have like 700k left (I guess 880k after that quest I just did).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I don't know how this game manages the visual distances it does. You can literally see Mondstadt (the city) from the top of the Jade Chamber, as well as some other stuff like Stormterror's lair. And details are still loaded in, like I can see some updraft on Cape Oath.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I just realized that Ningguang is voiced by the same voice actor as Beatrice from Umineko!

Also just finally finished chapter 3 (which is why I was mentioning the Jade Chamber before). It was very neat and surprisingly difficult (would have had a hard time with Childe fight if not for Jean, and I could see the part where you defend the ballistas being pretty tough if you don't have high enough DPS). I'm pretty excited to see what they do with Inazuma in the future.

Bloody Emissary posted:

While gliding around Jueyun Karst, I noticed that the game tends to spawn vision-obscuring cloud cover once you fall down to a certain altitude. It might be there to cover up the transition between the regular, detailed models and a less-detailed map used for far-off objects (like the incomplete models you can see past the zone walls).

I think that effect is just on purpose aesthetically, since I don't see any effect like that from on top of the jade chamber

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Am I correct in thinking that it might be a good idea to run another hydro person (I have Xingqiu in mind) with Childe? Childe generates a ton of hydro energy during his "dps phases" that a character with an expensive hydro burst could use.

That being said, I think that Xingqiu's burst might be best to use with a different element person so it triggers reactions constantly. Would Bennett or Chongyun be good for that?

edit: I encountered an interesting new Liyue commission today where you defend this fisherman from all these mobs, and at the end one of the flying guardian things comes and the fisherman suddenly one-shots it and says some cryptic stuff about there being many mysteries in the world.

Quetzadilla posted:

PSA for 1.1: the new story boss is also a weekly domain boss once you beat it so if you're putting off the story quest or just didn't catch that after completing it, do your weekly run of it before reset.

Thanks! I would have completely missed that.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

berenzen posted:

It depends on the comp and whether you have c2 XQ. C2 XQ makes him basically a must have for childe because of the 15% RES down, particularly in an electroshock comp with fischl, and then you bring in a bennett for healing/more damage.

I do have C2 XQ! And Fischl and Bennet, so that sounds like a pretty good team comp (and Chongyun could be substituted for someone depending upon the enemies being faced).

Of course, this necessitates actually leveling up my Bennet (and proobably talents on XQ).

Sarsapariller posted:

Where do people find the resin to do stuff like weekly bosses? I'm at AR36 now and I'm spending literally all of my daily resin farming weapon mats and talent books for my main team, just barely keeping up with the pace of levelling on two main dps and funneling any excess into my healer and support. If I have any resin left over on a given day, I usually spend it trying to hit the 20 ley-line weekly BP requirement and make some mora at the same time.

Actually the resin requirements are beginning to aggravate me in general. The BP's got "Spend 1200 resin" as a weekly requirement and that is particularly frustrating- you can only generate 1260 resin across a whole week, max, if you are regenerating new resin every minute of every day. I log in every evening and spend 160 every day which hasn't even brought me close- if I wanted to hit that number I'd need to log in twice a day to make sure I never hit the cap. As it is I'll need to burn 6 or 7 fragile resin to make up the difference. It just feels punishing.

Mostly just be patient about upgrading weapons/talents. I don't know what level your people are, but it's not hard to set aside 120 resin a week for the bosses (which provide a bunch of useful stuff themselves, like artifacts which are at least as important as XP/talents for your characters' performance).

Also, the weekly BP resin thing isn't required to actually finish the BP. I believe I started last BP at least a week late and managed to finish.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Framboise posted:

He really wants Rust or Skyward Harp, yeah-- but once you get his talents up he does absolutely insane burst damage and his vaporizes are bonkers.

I somehow hit for 32k with him today with a Vaporize effect. That's dramatically higher than any other damage I've ever done (and also higher than any other damage I've done with Tartaglia specifically); I think before this my highest damage was like 11-12k.

This is basically the end consequence of tier lists rotting peoples' brains.

inthesto posted:

The $10 battle pass thing immediately took me from broke to having 3 mil in the bank.

It was delightful.

The BP is basically the difference between Mora being a problem and Mora not being a problem.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 16, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bland posted:

It's very generous of you to assume they're obsessed with Keqing for gameplay reasons.

He specifically mentions not wanting to level up weapons/artifacts for "some C-tier unit," so he's probably unwilling to invest in any 4* or something.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ Yeah, this game is going to really be a hell of a thing once it has all 7 nation zones available + accompanying story content. Possibly the most impressive open-world setting by that point.

Radical posted:

the keqing guy absolutely started playing the game, discovered his waifu later, and then sunk cost prevented him from rerolling. he then thought "surely she'll have a rate-up eventually" and now hes unable to play the game. theres an additional sunk cost of "im gonna wait on that banner" that is preventing him from investing in units that would allow him to level up and earn more currency to roll on that fated rate-up and also to generate more mats so he could max her out instantly by the time it came.

tl;dr human psychology is really cruel

The goofy thing is that you get more than enough materials to max out the levels on one character/weapon. He would just need to look up the number of XP books/mora/mats necessary to get Keqing to 60-90 (whatever he specifically wants to level her to before using her) and set those materials aside (if he was really intent on being able to instantly level her up). And a bunch of materials flat-out aren't used for Keqing's ascension.

vandiar posted:

Here's some screenshots reportedly from the china servers of the event shop:

https://imgur.com/a/OCbrvbC

Definitely some good value on the shop.

Oh man, that's some nice money/XP. The previous events haven't given much, so it's nice to see a proper FGO-ish yield from an event.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 16, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ I don't think there's much of a reason to go for Rust if you already have Skyward Harp, though.

ThePineapple posted:

I succumbed to my poor impulse control and pulled for Childe. Turns out I got him before I hit pity (think it was 65 total rolls on banners), so it looks like I'm going to build him into a main DPS.

Is it worth pulling on the weapon banner to get Rust for him? I know the weapon banner usually isn't advisable but Rust has a rate up and it doesn't seem like I have other good bows (Sacrificial Bow, Favonius Warbow, and could make Prototype Crescent)

I've not sure if I actually agree with the logic of never pulling on the weapon banner; if I'm understanding correctly, you can't get 5* weapons from the limited character banner, and those can be quite useful to multiple characters.

It might be worth checking that one thing that

Ashenai posted:

Mihoyo is so loving good with story content, man. I've been binging Honkai Impact 3 videos and goddamn. Definitely hype as gently caress, and the hope of an awesome story to come is a big part of why I keep playing this game, even with the ridiculously stingy gacha.

Yeah, even Honkai Impact 3rd is like if you took your average gacha game and just made it a lot cooler in almost every way.

I prefer the Genshin Impact character design, but I think that miHoYo probably felt like it was necessary to make all the characters girls for marketing reasons and realized that it could easily get by fine with men in Genshin. The one thing I like in Honkai that is missing from Genshin is the evade mechanic, but Genshin seems like it's going to introduce all sorts of interesting character mechanics over time (like we've already seen with stuff like Beidou's counter, Childe, and Klee).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm curious to see how this first "real" event goes. It came out pretty fast, all things considered.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

You don’t pull on the weapon banner unless you want the 4* weapons. It’s not possible to guarantee either of the 5* weapons due to how the pity works, so if you want to pull for the book you can spend infinite money and get nothing but gravestones on your pities. Granted, it’s eventually going to happen if you spend enough money, but we’re talking “willing to spend 10k+ on a weapon” and it’s just not really a good idea.

Assume that someday you will pull a 5* weapon from the standard banner from the blue wishes you get and can’t spend anywhere else and forget they exist outside of that. Functionally, they don’t, even for a lot of whales.

I mean that building up pity on the weapon banner doesn't really seem like a less valid idea that building up pity on the character banner, since it seems like the same mechanic of "at some point you'll hit pity and have some limited control over when that is that you can align with a character/weapon you want."

"Never roll on the weapon banner" seems predicated on someone preferring to pull characters to pulling a weapon (which is admittedly most of the time), but it's not hard to imagine a situation where someone would rather get a 5* weapon than a 5* character (or constellations for a 4*).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Those witches that drop mist grass are a pain in the rear end to fight with ranged characters, because they keep locking onto the insects.

Does anyone know if Mona's Elemental Burst's damage buff just lasts for the first attack that hits an enemy that it's active on? That makes it a little finicky if so, since it seems like you'd want to be careful to make the next thing that hits be something that does a single large amount of damage.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

What this means is let's say you're rolling on the current banner, which has Skyward Harp and Memory of Dust, and let's say you just got childe and you want the harp, because it's bis for him. You pull out your credit card, and your rolls, excluding the random junk, are: 70 pulls, pity 5* that isn't either of them. 78 pulls, pity Dust. Another 145 pulls and you have another different 5* and another Dust. You can repeat this cycle forever. You cannot guarantee a specific weapon because of the rules. This is why you shouldn't roll on the weapon banners unless you want the 4* weapons. The last banner had Sacrificial weapons, and they were really great. I rolled a couple of times to get a sword for XQ because getting a reset on his e is amazing. On this banner, Rust is Childe's runner up bis, and if you roll enough you've got a pretty okay shot at getting it.

But what if you would be happy with both of the weapons on the banner? If I didn't already have Skyward Harp this banner would be pretty appealing since both of the weapons would be good to get.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

As someone who has Diluc, yeah I can agree. He's powerful and very good but man he's a basic rear end bitch that's not very entertaining to play. Part of the reason I'm real happy to have Childe now.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying Childe a lot (don't have Diluc, but my DPS "carry" alternatives are still pretty boring), just because he's pretty interesting to play and the way he does damage is extremely satisfying with all the numbers and enemies being knocked around (I think having a high crit rate helps since it means you can rapidly spread riptide to multiple enemies in melee mode without having to shoot them first). Groups of hilichurls just get disintegrated.

Nakar posted:

Tartaglia's aimed shots do a shitload of damage; in addition to the actual shot itself, you're triggering Riptide Flash after marking them, which is essentially a free +30% damage (it procs three times and does 10% of the damage of the aimed shot, and each proc can crit so potentially more). Riptide Flash also triggers an AoE that has pretty good stagger/knockdown potential and can even juggle things. There are fights where I just shoot stuff, or where I break melee prematurely to click heads. He can also kite quite effectively, then swap to melee when he's worn things down enough or grouped enemies appropriately. His actual bow spam is only slightly worse than Fischl's for multipliers, except he boosts his rank by 1 and has a sixth shot that does extra damage and can be dash-cancelled out of. Still probably better off doing fully charged aim shots though because of the Riptide interactions, but it isn't as bad as people think either.

He also completely breaks Fatui Agents and Electro Cicin Mages using the bow mode. The former get marked by Riptide such that they can be seen while invisible, eat tens of thousands of damage before they even start moving toward him, and then die to a two second melee burst; the latter have a similar delay where you can shoot them three or four times in the face with Riptide procs knocking them down before they even summon their bugs, and by then you can rush in and melee them to death.

I imagine his bow mode is far less exciting on console or mobile, but on PC it's relatively easy to aim accurately and the damage output is easily comparable to many characters. The melee is better, sure, but the fact you can use it sparingly or swap out of it early and finish things with aimed shots allows you to manage the melee cooldown and have it when you need it. Don't sleep on shooting.

Yeah, the charged aimed shots do a very large amount of damage compared with my other bow users. I use him a lot against ruin guards (and the flying version) because he can do decent damage while they're either spinning or flying from range.

John Lee posted:

(I'm thinking of getting the battle pass bow for him, since sucking the enemies into a small area with Riptide sounds fab as hell)

Huh, that could actually be kind of neat. I imagine he'll have a number of interesting applications due to the whole "trigger bow effects in melee" thing.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The BP is the second best thing you can spend money on in the game. The resources you get far outweigh the 9 blue weapons and 4* character/gear you'll get from a $25 dollar pull.

Second? I'd probably rank the BP higher than the blessing just because of the amount of saved time represented by the huge amount of money/materials you get.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hooly poo poo. I was doing a single roll while exercising on the nordic track (due to the way the pity works in this I just do single-rolls the instant I get enough gems for one) and got Keqing.

I'm sort of sitting here in disbelief, since I just sort of resigned myself to only very rarely getting 5*s without the pity timer.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How do you craft condensed resin? I'm rank 4 in Liyue so I should have gotten the blueprint, and I assume I already used it since it's not in my inventory where recipes would normally be (or in any other slots). But I don't see any option at either the alchemy thing or the blacksmith.

edit: Nevermind, I found it!

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 18, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Now that I raised Ningguang to a level where she can fight well (and gave her the Solar Pearl) she's really strong. Her second constellation seems bonkers (I have C3 on her IIRC). It lets me cast the wall constantly, which is a good source of damage (and lets you keep up the "pass through the wall" buff constantly). Her C1 also seems to be a big deal and results in a zillion damage numbers popping up when fighting groups. She also seems good at survivability, due to a combination of her wall, Geo shields, and being a ranged character.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to still try to finish the weekly "do X domains/leylines/bosses" BP objectives, since there's an opportunity cost of not doing the event. Clearing the event shop shouldn't be that hard, so maybe there will be enough left over.

YES bread posted:

yeah Genshin is like 1/3rd dudes currently but that is still an incredibly dude-favored ratio compared to a lot of gacha that aren't specifically targeting a female audience. and sometimes, well, it throws people off

In terms of announced 5* it's closer to half (and it'll be a majority of actual banner 5*s with the Zhongli banner).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Since I got Keqing, I now need to think about what to do with my swords. I've been using my best sword, Aquila Favonia, on Jean, and I have a few 4* swords. I have a Lion's Roar (I think R1), Favonius Blade (R3 - for some reason I have a bunch of Favonius weapons), and I've crafted two of the Prototype-whatever swords.

At first it seemed like putting Favonius Blade on Jean would make sense (to lean her more towards a healing/support role), but I read that this isn't that great for some reason. Lion's Roar could go okay with Keqing, but I imagine I should probably just give her the Favonia due to the much higher DPS. I'm thinking of focusing on the Prototype one since it's supposed to be pretty solid (and will be able to get refined more in the future).

RareAcumen posted:

Only having Razor as my current DPS makes those meteorite chunk missions at lvl 55 impossible when they stick Hillichurl snipers outside of the ring.

Ningguang is very handy for this. I think that tier lists are understating the usefulness of defensive abilities, since "not getting knocked around/interrupted" practically translates to extra DPS (and generally less time spent since you don't need to heal as much).

Pope Urbane II posted:

You don't have to spend the resin on any of those to accomplish the BP. Leylines spawn 4 per day. Bosses respawn after like 5min, and you can just do the first few floors of Abyss for domain credit.

Ohhhh, I didn't realize that (though now that you mention it I remember other people saying this).

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's the combat that keeps me so captivated. It's not a particularly deep system mechanically and yet there's enough going on that just makes it super fun to go to town on things.

Yeah, the combat makes new characters dramatically more compelling than just some jpegs + stat sheets.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Technically speaking there's always that 0.6% chance of just nabbing a 5* before the pity starts scaling up so if people win the lottery they can end up ahead of the curve.

I was wondering about this. Since I lucked out big time and got Keqing within like 10 rolls of getting Childe, does that mean my next 5* on the limited banner is guaranteed to be the banner servant? Like, did Keqing use up my next 5* "slot"? If so that's really handy and means I don't have to worry about getting someone else on the Zhongli banner (well, if I get anyone at all, which is pretty doubtful since I don't think I'll have enough to hit the pity).

Saxophone posted:

People have said so already but the two things that stood out most in helping me is

1) invest in artifacts, even if they're blue. Don't go nuts, but there's nothing wrong with getting them up a bit, 90% of that xp will transfer into the next thing you use. Also, upgrade those feathers! Those plus...

2) weapons! Upgrade them and keep them as high as you can. A 4 star is a massive upgrade over a 3 star and woof.

The artifacts are really the biggest thing that probably go neglected. It makes an absolutely massive difference if you use artifacts that give stats that increase your character's effective attack, and someone can end up with a really weak character if they have defensive stats on all the artifacts that can spawn different stats and don't properly level up their feather artifact.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 20, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Vargs posted:

5*s are for nerds. I'm all about those 4* constellations. C5 Ningguang, C5 Fischl, C5 Barbara, C4 Xiangling. Really hoping for one more dupe on those C5s. Childe seems cool but if I could choose between him vs another Ningguang, I would go Ningguang 100%. Not going to roll on Zhongli's banner because while I do want him, I don't care about the 4*s he's attached to.

I feel like the rarity difference (for characters) matters significantly less in this game than in many other gacha games due to power being heavily derived from equipment (weapon + artifacts). So even if the characters' base stats are a bit higher, a single artifact being somewhat better/worse could probably make up that difference.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tamba posted:

Genshin are the people that are called "Allogenes" in the english translation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR-qsEAhVD4&t=6274s

I'm a bit confused about how Venti becoming a god works. He wasn't a person originally; he was a wind spirit or something. Have we seen any other instances of sapient elemental spirits? I guess Oceanid maybe? It's also not clear why the gnosis ended up with him after the previous wind archon died.

MarcusSA posted:

So my Ningguang is C1 and I’m thinking about trying for C2 on her since her C2 seems legit.

How bad of an idea is that?

Unless I'm misunderstanding what's going on, her C2 seems extremely good. Apparently using her ult counts as the wall being destroyed, so you can throw one up immediately after. It feels like you're throwing the wall up constantly with it, but I don't know what to compare it with since I didn't really use Ningguang much until getting C2 with her.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 20, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Ugh. Getting philomena mushrooms for klee is the worst.

Once you know where they are (which Klee has a talent for; Klee actually avoids the worst part, which is having to constantly look at the sides/tops of buildings to see if there's a flower there), you can gather a really large number of them really quickly between Mondstadt/Springvale/Dawn Winery.

I initially thought they were a pain, but I actually think you can access a larger number of them at once than many other gathered ascension materials.

UltraRed posted:

Why's everyone so hot to Zhongli? He's a spear user and geo element? One of the most boring combinations

- I think Geo abilities are inherently kind of cool; it's neat creating actual physical objects with your abilities, and Zhongli has an ability to exploit them in a way that can work together with another Geo character well.
- He has really cool attack and skill animations
- He's a cool looking guy

Mr Snips posted:

The changes to expeditions are definitely needed but I can't help but feel like the passives need changing a bit, I don't care if a couple of my expeditions will finish sooner when I'm not going to bother to check the results until they've all finished. They should give a bonus to the items received instead or something

I think the expeditions are intended to be used like equivalents in other mobile games, but the problem is that your character has to actually visit the Adventurer's Guild to access them. Honkai 3rd has a similar "send characters on missions" feature accessible through the Dorm, but that game is different because you're just accessing everything from the main menu screen. IMO they should just make expeditions accessible through the main menu.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 20, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MarquiseMindfang posted:

From the wiki, In the power vacuum that emerged with Decarabian's death, both Boreas and Barbatos were qualified to become the Anemo Archon in his stead. Boreas, believing himself incapable of the love for humanity required of an Archon, chose to forego the position. Barbatos took up the mantle and used his newfound power to take the form of the Nameless Bard—who was slain in the rebellion. He then renamed himself "Venti".

Do we have any other examples of non-humans (or humanoids like the cat ear people) having the "potential to be a god" (which is otherwise indicated by people receiving Visions)?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nuebot posted:

I mentioned Honkai Impact 3rd the other day for a potential on how Mihoyo might handle the gacha in the future and so I come bearing a witness to what gacha overload looks like for any smart enough to not play that cursed game:

Everything except Expansion Supply and ELF has two banners like Event does. It wasn't always like this, but they just kind of crept in there by adding more and more, and more and more gacha currency to boot (note that on top of using crystals the event banner selected uses golden tickets to roll, the other event banner uses unique tickets as well, the elf banner uses elf tickets and every other banner uses one of three more standardized currencies.) And it's a model that seemed to work pretty well for them I guess, so Just as a heads up for what be in store for Genshin's gacha in a year or two I guess.

Yeah, the banners in that confuse me. I've only touched the Dorm one (until I got the guaranteed S at 25 rolls, which actually took a while because that game is pretty stingy with crystals) and the other one that has a battlesuit. One thing that will limit the number of banners compared with HI3 is that Genshin doesn't have an equivalent to Stigmas (Artifacts I guess, which aren't gacha items).

I doubt they'll actually do this, though. Genshin is obviously aimed at a much broader audience, so they'll probably try to avoid confusing players too much (beyond what's apparently necessary due to Chinese gambling laws or whatever).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nuebot posted:

The dorm banner is the generic banner you generally don't want to spend your currency on (except the dorm banner specific tickets) and yeah, I'd like to think we won't have gacha artifacts but if they take a turn to character specific artifacts like how stigma are set up in honkai they might. But you are correct that Genshin targets a broader audience so it is in their interest to keep things more simplified and streamlined.

Dorm banner has a guaranteed S-rank at 25 rolls, so I only rolled up until that point.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This event gives a wonderful amount of Mora. I got ~900k from just 160 resin worth (I think there's 2.5M total, which I think is roughly the same amount you get from the paid Battle Pass). I'm actually pretty close to clearing out the shop (I only have Mora left); I'll probably clear it out part-way through the day after tomorrow.

funkymonks posted:

Welp just used my Gacha luck up. This was my next pull after getting Childe from pity, trying for a C2 Ningguang.

Yeah, several days later I'm still in disbelief at getting Keqing from a single roll. Rates being so immensely lovely in this make it feel like a miracle if you get a non-pity 5* on a single roll. It'll be a while until I can make her viable, though, since I'm obviously using all my resin on this event.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tsyni posted:

I think you need it for some quests too, maybe? I still grab it if it's right there because...who knows, maybe one day.

Albedo will discover how to use alchemy to transform large quantities of iron into a clone of Diluc.

Saxophone posted:

Man, the music is good in this game, but specifically Stormterror's overworld area is GORGEOUS. Gives me strong Xenoblade Chronicles vibes.

I'm really looking forward to what they do with the other nations' music. You get a small hint during that "storyline preview" video (which plays bits of what will obviously be tracks from those areas during the part where it mentions each).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mailer posted:

As someone who knew the domains/ley lines counted regardless of if you spent resin, I am a loving idiot. (thanks)

How do you continue completing ley lines without spending resin? The flowers just sit there and I don't know how to get rid of them without spending resin.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Yay, I think my Keqing is now finally strong enough to do more damage as a carry than my Jean (did her fourth ascension today and leveled her to 70, plus leveling up one of her key artifacts). She has something like 1850 attack now.

One kind of awkward thing is that she seems to do more damage when her attacks aren't electric (likely due to Aquila Favonia's Physical bonus), so using her ability that makes your attacks afterwards change to electric seems to briefly weaken her.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Btw, helpful tip for people annnoyed by the birds during the Oceanid fight - if you have Ningguang, she trivializes those. Crystallize shields allow her to completely tank the birds' dives (I guess because they're elemental damage), and her attacks obviously hit the birds easily.

edit: Also, people asked how it's possible to hit the weekly BP cap, and I actually hit it this week. I believe it can occur if you complete some of the BP-length objectives in addition to everything else. I ended up having no reason to complete the Domain weekly objective.

S.J. posted:

That only happens if you teleport to the pin, you can do a charge attack to keep your damage physical.

Oh jeez, thanks for mentioning that! Somehow I completely missed that option.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 23, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MarquiseMindfang posted:

What are you supposed to do, find your favourite remote spot and plunk it down next to your porta-waypoint?

You're supposed to put a stove on the very top of that tiny floating island.

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Same, I want that sweet, sweet geo glider, then comes Mondstadt.

I'm aiming for both of the "treasure chest detector" items before finishing either reputation grind.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I got my Childe's crit rate up to 60%, which makes applying his skill very easy to do in melee (enemies are generally marked within a second of wailing on them). He could really use higher crit damage, though.

Keqing has the opposite problem. Her crit damage is pretty high (like 125%), but her rate is only like 12%. I don't really have any good alternative artifacts to boost it without sacrificing other things, though.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Does elemental resistance just affect damage taken by that element? I got C4 Ningguang with my roll today, so I now get a 10% resistance with the jade screen or something.

Lechtansi posted:

If this is reference to my post, I didn't meant to say 200 hours of storyline content. I meant 200 hours of questing + exploring. It took me maybe 50 hours to get through the whole story start to finish, including exploring for chests, doing domains, fighting bosses, etc. You can't just burn through the storyline anyways, it has AR requirements that you can only get to if you do side stuff as well.

If Mondstadt took maybe 20 hours, and Liyue 30, and all the remaining zones are of Liyue size, then you get (6*30)+20 which is 200. It's all tea leaves anyways, since it's not actually out, but assuming the game lives long enough to see all 7 zones complete, 200 hours isn't out of the question.

I do find it really loving bad pacing that you gotta grind inbetween story quests, maybe that will get fixed later if they add in more quests to the initial zones.

At its the core basically maintains mobile gacha game conventions that expect you to play a little every day. I'm sort of mixed on the concept. On one hand, it's kind of dumb to have to regularly log into the game to progress, but on the other hand it's kind of nice having a strict cut-off for daily grinding where there isn't much of a motive to continue beyond that.

Sirbloody posted:

I sometimes hate this game. Even though I already have x1 Childe I been pulling on the banner to attempt to get my Ningguang to C6 (She is C5 so I figured it wouldn't be that hard) since I was so far from the next 5* pity. 24 pulls in I got my Ningguang to C5 10 pulls later I got a C1 Diona and now because my son insisted I had enough gems for another roll.... C1 Childe. I guess I REALLY need to make a team for him now (Shame I just have the Amos bow for him but better than nothing), and here I was trying to build up my pity to see if I want to pull on the Zhongli banner.

On the upside Childe's contellations seem more useful than most other early 5* constellations. That's part of the reasoning behind me continuing to do single rolls on the banner (and risking hitting Childe with my next pity before the Zhongli banner, though that's really doubtful).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 25, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Magus42 posted:

Yes, what else could it do?

Maybe something with elemental reactions triggering on you? It's not clear to me whether you always get frozen/whatever when hit by the relevant elements.

Kild posted:

The next area looks to be smaller than even Mondstadt.

The next area is interesting in that it implies that there will be smaller area launches between the big nation-sized ones (since I don't think this next addition corresponds to another country, since the next country is Inazuma).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It sucks when you're doing the Stormterror fight and when it starts the phase where you have to leave the platforms he suddenly does a cutscene while you're flying from platform to platform. When that happens, it apparently stops your forward momentum while you continue gliding, so by the time the short cutscene is over you've fall between the platforms.

Stormterror also started glitching a bunch recently where I'll run up to him and end up inside of his neck.

No Wave posted:

Keep in mind - you have to build crit on any favonious carrier to use the passive reliably. You want to crit off of your support abilities (which is why it's so good with Diona as she fires five blocks) to make it work so you'll need a good amount for anyone carrying one. This can be rather expensive to get a lot of usage out of for a lot of characters for a while if their abilities only hit once (getting Kaeya to 50% crit is not cheap!).

Can something like Fischl's bird attacks proc that when she's not on the field?

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Nov 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

So I was talking about Ningguang's damage at C6 earlyer, so I made a quick video to show what I meant: https://youtu.be/68LRX_IIuSw

This is at WL5 since I'm only AL43 but I really hope this will still be possible at WL6 when I farm up better equipment.

What would you say are the most important aspects of that? The sixth constellation gives the strong charged attack after using Starshatter, though most of the damage seems to be done before that. I imagine artifacts are playing a big role.

It seems like the most important single-target DPS constellations for that are C2, C6, and maybe C3?

Also, aren't you actually losing out on some DPS by not running through the screen for the geo buff?

homeless snail posted:

They've also referred to this as the "Teyvat chapter" and your character is already a dimension hopper so they've already written themselves a justification for adding stuff indefinitely

Also all the character stories being "Act 1" or whatever. I'm honestly curious how that's supposed to work, since they're adding characters at a pace that seems at least equal to them adding story chapters (and the story chapters are generally content with their own voiced lines and cutscenes).