Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

You are the chosen one!

Time to fulfill your destiny. Whatever that may be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Big Beef City posted:

a picture of a fat cartoon animal smoking weed

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Literally A Person posted:

To throw a post on the post pile:

GUESS WHO GOT A NEW (to me) DRILL PRESS YOU DOPES!?

can you only press drills with it or does it do other things too?

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
This thread's changing titles have advertised three MUST SEE items so far.

Giant cheese cracker: pretty good.

Carl: extremely good.

Goon ballsack: ....festive.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I need to make a confession: I got a little stoned off edibles and was listening to a "90s mix" on spotify as I finished wrapping the final presents before going over to my parents' house, and I ended up listening to Meat Loaf's "I would do anything for love but I won't do that" in its entirety, and enjoyed it. Hadn't heard it in like a decade, but it's so bad it's good. I am not ashamed of this opinion :colbert:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
My brain is physically incapable of tuning music out, so the christmas music that plays at work sticks in my head all the time, like I wake up with christmas songs playing in my brain first thing in the morning and stuff. It's loving awful and puts me in a bad mood. My spouse gave me some noise-cancelling earbuds as an early christmas present, and they've been really helpful. I'm really sensitive to sounds and I can kind of still hear everything even when wearing headphones and it drives me crazy, but the noise-cancelling ones are magical and actually do drown out all other sounds. If I have music playing I can't even hear him if he's yelling. It made this christmas season of retail work just a little more bearable, being able to come home and filter out all sounds except music I like.

gently caress christmas music.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
This isn't my pet but someone sent this in to be printed at the walgreens i work at

edit: new page! this is now a pet pictures only page

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Some very excellent pets on this page so I must contribute my own:

This is my cat Mila being a baby seal

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I think I posted a few times in this thread, thousands of pages ago. I'm incredibly bad at posting but real good at lurking.

I can't stand to read the news or social media much at all these days, so I'm unironically really glad that SA is still here to let me read people's dumb opinions on just about any subject while totally avoiding current world events.

You guys seem cool in this thread.

I think the :ohdear: smilie is good and I kinda wish it was included with the emojis on my phone. It seems to sum up a lot of my feelings on a daily basis.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i read your post in lisa simpson's voice. would you prefer that i read it in a different voice? too late. your avatar is lisa simpson.

I am ok with this because Lisa is awesome (statement applies to seasons 1-9 only)

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Ruby Gloom posted:

the best lisa episode is probably lisa the vegetarian

Good, but I also love Summer of 4 ft 2

probably because Lisa in that episode was basically me as a child, except I never made friends with any cool kids

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
When I was a teenager, the local Fox station played the Simpsons reruns three times a day, at 5:00, 5:30 and 10:30 pm. I didn't have many friends so I watched a lot of TV, and ended up watching the same episodes dozens of times each. This was in the late 90s-early 2000s so by the time I graduated high school, I wasn't even particularly interested in the new episodes airing Sunday nights because they just....weren't good anymore. I haven't watched a new episode in over a decade at this point and I'm ok with that.

There's already a Complain About The Simpsons thread elsewhere on this site, so I'll keep it positive and mention I honestly love classic Marge, and Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield is very good and underrated. This line pops into my head and makes me giggle at random times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw0t09pathY

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

You can light SO MANY things on fire now!

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

This is loving amazing

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Fine but I ain't shavin nuthin

All you need is some vaseline for the lens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNszCMzK0zk&t=40s

I promise I have more than simpsons quotes to add to these discussions

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

bagmonkey posted:

Hi Dorkus!!! Welcome to the 5kpt

Thank u friend

Content: I ride my bike past this vehicle every day on the way to work so I finally stopped to take a picture of it. I like it for being a new, weird variant of that tired old theme

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

TIP posted:

but my favorite ironic drive by music in vice city was died in your arms tonight by cutting crew

When I hear that song I think of this snl sketch from back in the day, about this lovely wedding band who only knew one song, and it was that song. I think it must have been included on some Best of Will Ferrell VHS tape my brother watched a thousand times in high school, so it's stuck in my brain forever.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
My job is making me feel extra disgruntled today so I thought I'd try posting while at work to make myself feel better

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
30 minutes before I left work, it was lightning and thunder and pouring down rain, which is bad for me cause I ride a bicycle. But by the time I decided to risk leaving, the sun had come back out and I made it home without feeling a drop. Colorado weather is :shrug:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

wine plus soda equals trashy goodness

That's called a calimocho :eng101:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Computer viking posted:

Ha, I've made kalimotxo by accident before (using the same glasses for red wine and cola, at the same time, carries risks). It sounds like it should be awful, but it's remarkably drinkable. I'm not sure if it's more or less trashy than vodka/energy-drink-of-your-choice, though.

I don't drink anymore but vodka with literally any drinkable liquid was my drink of choice for many years, so I'm deffo not here to judge the relative trashiness of any drink. Alcohol snobs are boring, everyone can drink what they like.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Cheap red wine mixed with sprite is trashy delicious summer cookout refreshment

This stuff in a 4 liter jug for 18 bucks :hai:

I haven't thought about Carlo Rossi in forever but my friends and I definitely consumed at least 1000 of those giant bottles of sangria in our early 20s. That was in the early 2000s, I think back then it was like 12 bucks but I might be remembering wrong

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
To relax after work I'm going to go smoke some pot and eat some gimbap now

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm imagining lying down on all that cheese

Maybe some of the cheese is melting

Maybe I'm sinking into it and becoming one with it (a Kraft Single™)

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Maybe they picked the shortest person they knew to make the cheese dress for because they only had a limited amount of cheese slices and it wouldn't have been enough to cover a taller person

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I am glad to learn that "wearing kraft singles while posing on or next to a classic car" is such a prolific genre of internet photos

hey that last lady cheated, she didn't even unwrap them!

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

AARD VARKMAN posted:

all the Kraft singles ladies

Now I'm imagining that Beyonce video but they're all wearing cheese dresses

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
all cheese bosoms are beautiful

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Booty Pageant posted:

i feel like i'm only starting to recover from a two week long family road trip

I'm getting ready to go on a two DAY family road trip this weekend, and I'm already exhausted in advance.

Being with family is good, except when it makes you insane

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Dad spies a hot dog truck on the side of the road and asks "WHO WANTS A HOT DOOOOOG?!" then speeds up the car as they pass the truck. Mom gently chides him and makes him turn around and stop for a snack. Dad comments when looking at the menu the they have some neato toppings for hot dogs around these parts (sauteed onions)
Sadly my dad would never stop for a hotdog unless it was vegan. In the boulder area of colorado where we live, this isn't a problem but we're going to southern colorado so who knows.

We all do enjoy us some sautéed onions though :burger:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

The man knows what he likes!

edit Wait I didn't actually read the article, but his name is Neelix? Like this rear end in a top hat?

I'm no longer ok with this :barf:

DorkusMalorkus fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 13, 2022

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Ruby Gloom posted:

since we've been music chatting a lot today, in my opinion this is one of the best albums of the start of the century

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VZ7-827FPE&t=9s

gently caress yeah!

This was the sound of high school for me. To this day I cant hear "the Middle" without thinking of the dumbass i was dating at that time.... Still love that album tho

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

I drank a bunch of beer and put on all of Mrs Beers perfumes of which there are 6 different kinds. At the same time. I thought it would be funny. Now everything is super aromatic and apparently some of them are really expensive so I got spoken to

I work at walgreens and sometimes people do this in the cheap perfume/body spray section. I hate all those smells mixed together, it gives me a headache and takes forever to dissipate, but I'm not actually paid enough to care enough to tell them to stop. It's a bit of a conundrum for me.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Zil posted:

You may have literal ambergris on you and not that fake stuff. Real high quality whale poop.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
so I'm going on this little trip with family this weekend. My dad and I are driving down from Denver and my sister and her two kids are driving up from Nevada and we're going to meet in Mesa Verde. It's only Saturday, Sunday and Monday. My dad seems to think that all five of us can stay in one hotel room if we get a rollaway bed. I'm debating if it's worth shelling out $200 (which I don't exactly have to spare) to get a hotel room for myself. I'm afraid I won't be able to sleep in a room with four other people (I would probably be the one on the rollaway bed, too). Mostly it's that I get exhausted and jumpy when I'm around people for a long time, and I need some place alone and quiet....but are these needs of mine worth $200? Could I just put headphones on and deal with it?

Like it's only for two nights but I just can't decide if it's worth it...i can put it on a credit card but it's still a lot. I made a reservation already but it's cancellable up until Saturday. I'm also worried that my family will think it's weird if I get my own room. But it would also kinda be really nice....I havent stayed in a hotel for like six or seven years and even a lovely roadside motel room to myself feels sorta luxurious.

My dad and sister have cooked up several of these little mini trips and I've literally never gotten to go with them until now. That's probably also why I'm freaking out a little. I haven't been anywhere or barely seen anyone for the past several years and I guess it feels new and scary.

And to thank you for reading all these words I typed, here is this picture of my friend's mom's dog.

His name is Bambi. Bambi is a boy dog's name.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

TIP posted:

How is a lovely roadside motel $200?

It's the "econo lodge" and it's $200 for two nights. It's very near a national park so that's probably why

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
y'all inspired me to check again just to make sure I wasn't being ripped off by booking.com but all other sites including the hotel's seem to be about the same, $100 per night. Bleh, :capitalism:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
also thanks everybody for the immediate nice responses. I think I just needed to lay it all out in words for it to start making sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

TIP posted:

this reminded that I did stay in an econo lodge after the five star hotel

I know this because after breaking up with the girlfriend I went to seattle with I stayed in an econo lodge to get the gently caress out of our shared house

I went to it because it was the cheapest place in my city, they had a weekly rate that worked out to something like $25 a night

I hope your $100 a night econo lodge is better, mine was incredibly scary

shortly after entering my room I noticed that the door had at some point been kicked in, and all the locks were seemingly caulked back into the door

then I took a closer look and realized it was worse than that, the locks were held in place by crumpled up wet paper towels

I'm glad you didn't die