Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DCFADP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

What a weird thing to say. What does the fact that I’m a UK/US dual citizen have to do with anything? Am I known as a great booster of American dominance? A tireless defender of a country I’ve literally never lived in? Maybe I should spit on my dead mum’s ashes for daring to be from a place. Good to know that immediately springing to having a pop at someone’s heritage after the mildest criticism is a preview of the attitude of an independent Northern England.

Also, regardless of your party’s position, the North is 100% culpable in imperial crimes. I seem to remember ships launched from Liverpool getting into some shenanigans.

the original point was clearly that an independent north wouldn't go around thinking it's the inheritor to a long dead empire and start bullying arabs for their lunch money, you're the one who made it about guilt you big loving weirdo

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

peanut- posted:

I legit don't understand this tweet. What is she trying to say?

"working class people are racist so if you oppose racism they vote for racists" but trying to obscure it under three layers of waffle

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The only place I've managed to find jeans that fit is M&S so I don't care to try anywhere else. They last for years anyway. Most other things I've bought there recently started falling apart pretty quickly, though, mainly pyjamas. I'm not rough with my pyjamas, they shouldn't be splitting open below the pockets that fast.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

It took me a further ten minutes before I remembered the only reason I know the name was because of the last of us which I have not even played.

my first association with them was the bad david cage game (apologies for redundancy)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It also reveals one of the weird little things that we all take for granted but should probably be changed - Elliot Page has one multiple "Best Actress" awards, and it's strange that we still have "Best Actor" and "Best Actress" awards. There's no Oscar for "Best Woman Director" or "Best Sound Mixing By A Male", why do we still divvy up the on-screen talent by gender?

(I'm aware the answer is that when all of these awards were established the roles of actor and actress were very, very different than they are now and there were very few women behind the camera at all - but I can see this being yet another front being opened up in the culture wars when one of the major awards decides to change this, and probably in the most clanging and inappropriate way possible. Also can't wait for the first TERF "It's ridiculous that this person is being offered this role instead of it going to someone with the exact genitals I've decided the character should have" take)

there's an argument to be made that if the academy wasn't forced to give awards to actresses and we had two best actor awards, they'd both go to men nine times out of ten. this is not because men are innately superior actors, but because the academy is a pile of old wank

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

feedmegin posted:

:stonk: What, compared to their other hobby of luxury yachts, or...?

The thing about hobbies for kids is that you can cheap out on them and they won't know the difference. Oh, they'll be able to tell something is off, but at that age they're grateful to have anything. They won't join the dots until years down the line, and by that point there's a million other reasons your relationship with them is strained, so the resentment will be left to fester unspoken. It's consequence free, if you think about it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

I don't see any reference to a Jewish puppetmaster? It's loving terrible anyway, what is even meant to be the thematic link between Keith and foxes?

"Better check with the NEC whether foxes are kosher" is the line being referred to

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

"People are defined forever by actions many years ago and must never have any form of growth, change, or redemption" is one of the tenets of progressive thought, of course.

Also lol at all the people who are suddenly experts on football hooliganism now.

To be a reformed ex-fascist, one must first be an ex-fascist.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

https://twitter.com/Rachel_Ish_/status/1335568953989603328?s=19
Puberty blockers: Simultaneously ineffective, and dangerous enough that under 16s can't consent to their use.

gently caress's sake.

thus, by a continual

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

yeah, but they were building ships designed to accomplish real world tasks. our modern ships are designed to be very expensive to funnel public money into private hands

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

StarkingBarfish posted:

Makes sense she'd cook Surf given, y'know, her presence brings the....
https://twitter.com/suzanne_moore/status/1336424114664464387

the only thing I can comprehend about this post is that it has an awful person in it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sorry to hear about his mysterious accidental death next week.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Breath Ray posted:

i think the simpsons bit you mean is when homer is chasing after the bbq pig saying its still good

No no, I feel like I remember the racehorse bit too, but I wouldn't be able to tell you the context

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Breath Ray posted:

could it be a santas little helper episode, the one where he shags the girl dog mayhaps

that would be my first guess but I have a really strong impression of it being horses

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It'll be some sort of charity drive for some manner of marginalised group.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

haven't looked into it at all yet but initially optimistic about the paj proj

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

According to an anonymous source, Jeremy Corbyn refrains from typing the name "Johnson" because he is "in mourning for the 'mutilated' penises of children tricked into circumcision by Jewish influence". Read more on page 2, 4, 5, 6,

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

crispix posted:

I mean it's maybe a stretch to call it a theme park but it's a factory with a bit of it done up with a castle-themed visitor section where you can look at all crisps bein made

but that should be excitement enough for anyone imo

sounds p much like cadbury world round here imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, playing a city manager on a console sounds more like you're about ready to lock yourself in a room and come out having built an android or something.

I have the GBA version of Simcity 2000 lying around somewhere.