Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

this is satire, right? right???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
if people are working from home they might be having fun on company time and we simply cannot allow that

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
don't forget it's the left who are constantly treating politics like a game and not something that matters

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'm in what used to be a safe Labour seat but the new parachuted-in candidate only won by 200 votes last time so I really don't know whether to vote for her or the Greens next time, if only I was a couple of miles south I'd have Zarah Sultana who I could vote for with a clean conscience

peanut- posted:

what do you do if your local MP is Starmer

move

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
imagine having to quote approval ratings because your guy is just as far behind in the polls as the horrible racist communist was

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
no it's OK, the fascists I'm personally friends with are actually good people if you get to know them

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
sure he loves getting his rocks off by beating the piss out of opposition fans, but he also enjoys watching Love Actually at Christmas

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

lol as if any of the original hooligans even go near grounds any more

you're jumping through a whole load of hoops trying to justify why your insanely violent friend is actually a good person

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

I mean, I'm trying to jump through hoops as to why you're a good poster, so it's a land of contrasts

sorry I'll start jumping up and down on people's heads on the weekend, that's what sound people do apparently

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

you really don't know what you're talking about, much like that list of things that are banned for discussion in this thread. But if you want to believe that a 60 year old goes out battering opposition fans for kicks, just go ahead

oh it's OK if he only used to do it, gotcha

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

so you have the receipts he did? cool

so he's part of a notorious football hooligan crew and you "wouldn't want to cross him" but actually he's never been violent to anyone?

either you're as gullible as a Tory voter or you're going out of your way to excuse everything he's done because he's nice to you personally

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

you don't know what you're talking about, so I'd just shup up and carry on crying about Weetposting. Modern hooligan firms don't behave like they're in Danny loving Dyer movies you utterly gullible moron

well feel free to enlighten us all

tell us all about the charity outreach your hooligan mate does

all the little ladies he helps across the road while wearing his literally loving Nazi imagery

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
even in loving 2020 I didn't expect to see an unironic "football hooligans are good, actually" post

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
right, so they're not actually violent psychopaths but they've still been banned from the ground, for reasons

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
oh come on you're so close to trying to justify why beating up people wearing different coloured shirts is cool and good, actually

plus, y'know, the whole Nazi imagery thing

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

goddamnedtwisto posted:

"People are defined forever by actions many years ago and must never have any form of growth, change, or redemption" is one of the tenets of progressive thought, of course.

Also lol at all the people who are suddenly experts on football hooliganism now.

I feel like if you're still part of the same hooligan gang today then the amount of growth, change or redemption you might have gone through is pretty loving minimal

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
"but you don't understand what football hooligans actually do :qq:" says the guy who's categorically refusing to explain what it is that they actually do

and also trying like hell to ignore the Nazi poo poo

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
"sure he used to beat the poo poo out of people but he's gone through growth, change, or redemption and he doesn't do that any more, he's totally non-violent now"

"so he's left the hooligan gang then?"

"......no"

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 5, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Continuity NIP posted:

Saint Pauli are okay

Union Berlin too

I have nothing against general football fans, the crucial word is "hooligans"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
no but you see hooligans don't actually get into massive fights any more, that was all long ago like *checks notes* 2014

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
just gonna spend a few pages defending a fascist group's fascist icon without actually knowing what is a fascist icon and what isn't, nbd

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
any consequences of Brexit will be blamed on the EU punishing us for daring to leave

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
that is some proper CK3 bordergore

e: I can kind of see where all the other independence arguments are coming from but how the gently caress is independent Cumbria going to work? are they planning on generating 100% of their GDP from sales of mint cake?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mebh posted:

Camrath. Make us more sweets of different varieties (hard toffee!!) and I will buy ALL OF THEM.

if you can reverse-engineer the Werther's Originals recipe I'm there

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it's pretty funny how the fubpees consistently held Keith up as the shining knight of the second ref campaign and then immediately after he won the leadership he turned round and told them that Brexit was finished as an issue

e: trying to make out that this thread was fubpee central is a weird kind of alternate history though

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 9, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

kingturnip posted:

As long as the bins keep being collected, you could have rape gangs marauding through every major town in the country and most Tory voters would still think Boris is doing a good job

Tory voters only care about rape gangs when they're brown

white rape gangs have been in the country for decades now, they're called the clergy

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Well I'm penicillin, so, heh, I think I know whatimtalkinbout

well you do like lying around not doing anything a lot of the time

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Fish Sex and Drug Dominance

ah, the new Chuck Tingle is out

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I like broccoli and cauliflower but sprouts, beetroot and coriander are all awful in different ways

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
you don't even need to cut a broccoli, you can just snap the florets off

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
a lot of Brits think No Deal is going to be an actually good outcome because that's what the press has been saying constantly for about three years now

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Bone Crimes posted:

Well, whatever the current equivalent is now. Knife crazies? I mean it sounds like everybody is just exhausted and waiting for the bad stuff to come to start really protesting, but like if I had a kid who needed insulin, I'd be ready for retribution if things get bad.

good luck getting within knifing distance of a Tory MP without getting extremely shot by the police

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the government strategy has pretty clearly been "bring in vague and complicated and self-contradictory rules so that when things get bad you can blame people for not following them to the letter"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Grey Hunter posted:

There is a rapidly vanishing chance that this is propaganda doomsaying so people are relieved when a deal is signed at 11:59 on Dec 31st

loving lol if you think any of Boris's lot are going to be working on NYE

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
god BBC news is such a loving shitshow

they had a glowing report on some foodbank which was really ~*~making a difference~*~ and no-one involved was allowed to come within a mile of saying "hey maybe relying on private charity isn't actually the best way of dealing with this"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

peanut- posted:

As awful as all this is it is very funny to me that arch-populist Boris Johnson has had to stand in front of the nation and cancel Christmas.

I'd find it funnier if there was any possibility of him actually suffering consequences for once

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Noxville posted:

https://twitter.com/harrietclugston/status/1340383304143540227?s=21

Well this is a comforting sight, having seen West Yorkshire struggle over the last month to get infections down

honestly I don't know why they keep announcing stricter measures days in advance, all that happens is that people rush to do the thing that they're going to be banned from doing before the ban comes into effect (see also the night before the lockdown when all the pubs were rammed)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Johnson & Johnson's No, More Tiers!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Bobstar posted:

Snuh? What's the logic in this?

self-checkouts are extremely close to each other in most supermarkets

personally I found keeping my distance was much easier when everyone was going the same way and is now much harder when you're having to negotiate two directions of traffic, but I guess we can't have people spend an extra 5 minutes doing a loop because they forgot something, oh no

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Matchmakers would be great if they were chocolate + biscuit or something but the sugar crystals just remind me of really badly-made fudge