Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm EST and there's still 10 minutes left you power hungry clown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I think those kind of trainwreck people shows only work when the characters are run of the mill assholes, not when they're literal murderers or rapists or whatever . The drug lord was the most relatable person on the show. It popped up at the perfect time but after a few weeks everyone seemed to move from spectacle to "wow these are genuinely awful people".

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Current event: is SA a weird shade of blue for everyone right now or just me?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dum Cumpster posted:

It's just you

Weird.

I had a thought awhile ago that people vote for politicians like they're voting for American Idol, i.e. not who's the most qualified but who is the most entertaining. Makes Trump make a little more sense.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Woofer posted:

It’s just hue

:aaaaa:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Waiting for the helmet derail of the derail

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Guess I'll check back in in a few days

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Related to several pages ago but I impulse bought a mouth guard at the store today because A) I read the thread before I went out and B) I've been chewing off the side of my tongue in my sleep for a couple of months, so hopefully that'll help.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

He's doing the cops work for them

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Godholio posted:

They don't care. Introspection is not strong in this group. I've had this argument more times than I can count.

It's the least intellectually curious group I've ever interacted with. I assume this is also why they're happy to have the tv and radio tell them what to think.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

Do rich and well connected people even die of this any more?

No. I will admit that, and I hate to say it, I can understand how it's hard for people who see their elderly and or obese heroes get covid and not die from it to take it seriously (because they're probably not putting two and two together that they're also all rich). It's possible that all of them getting sick and surviving has done more damage then it would if they hadn't gotten sick at all.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Woofer posted:

I admittedly wasn’t paying attention until the last decade but it really seems like poo poo started going off the rails in 2012ish. It was a slower burn until then, but the wick ran out and the dynamite finally exploded. But I’m sure if I was paying attention I could’ve seen things flying off the rails after 9/11.

Bin Laden won.

Joe Flacco wins superbowl mvp, world collapses, checks out to me.

e: I guess that was technically in 2013 but still

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

ded posted:

At last! people will come to myspace again!

:lol:

Tom is so excited

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Richard Bong posted:

Tom sold at the height of its popularity and I believe he just takes pictures now. I don’t think he’s involved in anything. I like Tom.

Me too, he was my friend after all

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/BrianFrosh/status/1336766933769871361?s=20

Uh, right, good luck with that

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Woofer posted:

Thanks for falling on that grenade for the rest of us who didn’t know

Yeah I was wondering

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

To steal a Josh Barroism, there will be no magical moment when Trump realizes and says that he's a loser who sucks. The grand design of the system is that it doesn't need him to realize that he's a loser who sucks.

It will be painful until January 6th, then January 20th, but then it all ends and becomes noise.

Til the next election at least.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Looking forward to my $600 in July

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I just realized that there's a possibility...just a possibility but still...that I could open this or a similar thread in a month and there will be nothing happening

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It would be nice if there was some sort of legal penalty for willingly spreading incorrect information and frivolous lawsuits but oh well

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

As someone who spent the last year unemployed but also not qualified for unemployment benefits which lawmakers genitalia have I got to apply my mouth to to get some motherfucking money?

:same:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

There's some reddit post that floats around in the gbs trump thread from a guy who apparently lives somewhere deep red that pretty much says "mask wearing is perceived as a sign of weakness" in those areas, so I guess that tracks.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I kind of figured Trump and Brexit were both long shot Russian plots that they're probably astonished actually succeeded

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yeah, I heard about the lines on the local news here in the Springs and I'm pretty sure I'll be avoiding them anyhow just from the anxiety factor. poo poo reminds me when I drove past Cookout in Nashville at any hour, but especially around midnight.

I wonder if Cookout is a roni vector down south.

Not particularly related but the closest liquor store had people lined up outside yesterday, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't enforcing occupancy limits because they've never done so before. Just shook my head and kept driving. Mind boggling to me that people would risk covid because the wine is $3 cheaper then the one 5 minutes further down the road.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This is Crazy Sid's super secret intel witness apparently

pschoy posted:

Her name is Terpsichore Maras-Lindeman and she got a purple heart when she served 8 months in the Navy have some drat respect!

https://twitter.com/T_Giarratano/status/1225155406999146496

There's a whole thread there that would probably make more sense to people here then it did to me

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 25, 2020

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ok I just need to get through 6 more hours without my relatives hearing about this....

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

Ok I just need to get through 6 more hours without my relatives hearing about this....

:rip: looks like its antifa attack on christmas chat over dinner

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's some boomer that has had the FBI called on him before.

Shocker

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Honestly from what I'm hearing from generic democrats the optics of money going overseas for anything right now are pretty bad, as much as people think that surely this time people will blame the republicans/Trump. I dunno, just my anecdotal experience.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

e: wrong thing

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

MazelTovCocktail posted:

No, I do. I just don’t care anymore. That said not changing it means things continue down the path they are now, and honestly I think you could make an argument that a total legal shield was not the best idea. I refuse to believe the only two outcomes are corpo slavery or the new dark age DX ending.

There has to be a way, along with DMCA reform, lower the liability shield and not cripple everything.

Anyway in more good news.

https://twitter.com/govofco/status/1344031800230780933?s=21

Surely this will be contained as well as we've contained every other variant

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

GB3Pwood posted:

Even if coronavirus wasn't happening, what a loving shitbird you have to be to come in to work like that

Contemplate how much of the restaurant industry doesn't offer paid sick leave and how much of your food and the things you eat off of, the employees touch.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Edit: this isn’t the place. Sorry

Regardless, sorry man

Coasterphreak posted:

then realize that people are actively discouraged from getting tested for covid because it starts an automatic 72 hour wait period for test results

I often wondered (this was years ago pre-covid) what would happen if I walked up to someone and said "Hi, I have a 101.5 fever right now, here's your crabcakes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm excited to see how 2021 tops this.

e: content

The Last Call posted:

No girls allowed in club.

Proud Boys Melt Down Over Growing ‘Proud Girls’ Movement On Far-Right Social Media Site Parler

https://percolately.com/proud-boys-proud-girls-far-right/

For The Proud Boys, an extremist hate group formed four years ago in New York City, 2020 was quite the year.

But most recently the group has grabbed headlines because they simply cannot accept that a group of women online want to spread hate and tolerance too.

As the Daily Dot has reported, the Proud Boys got into a tizzy when multiple women took to social media and began to identify themselves as “The Proud Girls.”

It all went down on Parler, a Twitter-esque social media site that has become the haven for conservative thinkers.

The Daily Dot explained that users like “ProudGirls2020” and “TheProudGirlsFlorida” have been using Parler to peddle their own hateful ideals for months now.

That growing movement apparently bothered The Proud Boys so much that one of the group’s members–Proud Boys Northern Nevada–tore into an on-brand, misogynistic rant.

The tirade began with the equivalent of someone on a playground sticking their tongue out.

“Dear ‘Proud Girls.’ Stop.”

“Hijacking our fraternity because you can’t stand men having their own club is exactly why we created this club in the first place.”

“You aren’t supporting us. You’re hurting us. You’re ruining what we hold dear.”

Then, right on cue, the cartoonish gender stereotypes came out.

“Want to know how to ACTUALLY support us? Get married, have children, cultivate wonderful communities in which we can live in.”

“To save the west we need WOMEN BEING WOMEN. Not women trying to be men.”

“We beg of you, with sincere love from the bottom of our hearts, get pregnant and get the gently caress back in the kitchen.”

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 1, 2021