Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the C-spam moderation good or bad?
This poll is closed.
Goku 31 14.76%
Goku 57 27.14%
Goku 73 34.76%
Goku 49 23.33%
Total: 156 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

it is my solemn vow to you, cspam posters, that my posts will always be cringeworthy as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Snake Dance posted:

It would be cool if the people here stopped playing into the hands of the people trolling them. Low effort image spam may be lame, but it's led to a bunch of cringe-worthy CSPAM posting so I guess it worked perfectly.

whatever induces more posts is fine by me.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I am tired of this website, these people. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Loveshaft posted:

I tried posting in QCS about how the mods there need to crackdown on grudgeposting people spreading unhinged caricatures about different subforums and posters they don’t like as irredeemable, and predictably, it got buried in a sea of juvenile bile being hurled everywhere. Jeffrey of YOSPOS responded to me agreeing that toxic narratives which are allowed to fester is bad for the community as a whole before essentially saying the solution is more speech i.e. “Who cares?” Well, we’ve seen what happens to forums when crap like that it allowed to be repeated over and over again; people eventually start to believe them.

I’ve made some genuine critiques of c-spam moderation, too; namely how toxic idiots like Gaupo Gaucho and Grandpa Palpatine posting bizarre negative attention seeking and death threats are not at least banned from posting in c-spam — the latter is gone now, but frankly his bile lasted too long. The Greenwald thread had the same problem with people from other forums barging in to call Greenwald supporters right-wingers/fascist collaborators ad nauseam without anything being done. People are allowed to poo poo up threads with tall images with impunity, and six hour probes obviously don’t deter it.

From my understanding c-spam was supposed to be a leftist shitposting forum — emphasis on leftist — where you could discuss politics/current events without having to write long dissertations on different topics like in D&D. Start getting rid of trolls and negative attention seekers trying to turn threads into needless flame wars. Liberals have D&D, and right leaning people have GBS. FYAD has their own place for their stuff. It’s not to much to ask the c-spam mods to stop treating c-spam like some libertarian FREE_SPEECH zone where every kind of troll and grudgeposting against the subforum is allowed.

And QCS is toxic as hell and it’s a shame the mods there and Jeffrey don’t seem to give a poo poo about cracking down on obvious grudgeposting weirdos trying to turn the community against each other. At least this is my two cents on things.

At least for the glenn greenwald thread, my take is that glenn is the ultimate poster and all those who wish to follow the poster's path must hone their posts in combat unfettered by mods

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

I am tired of this website, these people. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives.

glad to see your going through your mega paragrpah meltdown phase man. it comes 4 us all

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
More to the point glenn has said "gently caress the mods" multiple times this year so why would they want mods in their thread

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
people getting baited by glenn is a secondary but important part of that threads ecosystem imo. glenns event horizon is mighty

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

A Russian troll farm posted:

Jeffrey power will soon go'way,

I will be fuehrer one day

a website filled with negativity about President Biden that's run by A Russian troll farm? curious!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Bless this mess.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Augus posted:

a website filled with negativity about President Biden that's run by A Russian troll farm? curious!

That's just a cover, I'm actually an Israeli troll farm

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Loveshaft posted:

I tried posting in QCS about how the mods there need to crackdown on grudgeposting people spreading unhinged caricatures about different subforums and posters they don’t like as irredeemable, and predictably, it got buried in a sea of juvenile bile being hurled everywhere. Jeffrey of YOSPOS responded to me agreeing that toxic narratives which are allowed to fester is bad for the community as a whole before essentially saying the solution is more speech i.e. “Who cares?” Well, we’ve seen what happens to forums when crap like that it allowed to be repeated over and over again; people eventually start to believe them.

I’ve made some genuine critiques of c-spam moderation, too; namely how toxic idiots like Gaupo Gaucho and Grandpa Palpatine posting bizarre negative attention seeking and death threats are not at least banned from posting in c-spam — the latter is gone now, but frankly his bile lasted too long. The Greenwald thread had the same problem with people from other forums barging in to call Greenwald supporters right-wingers/fascist collaborators ad nauseam without anything being done. People are allowed to poo poo up threads with tall images with impunity, and six hour probes obviously don’t deter it.

From my understanding c-spam was supposed to be a leftist shitposting forum — emphasis on leftist — where you could discuss politics/current events without having to write long dissertations on different topics like in D&D. Start getting rid of trolls and negative attention seekers trying to turn threads into needless flame wars. Liberals have D&D, and right leaning people have GBS. FYAD has their own place for their stuff. It’s not to much to ask the c-spam mods to stop treating c-spam like some libertarian FREE_SPEECH zone where every kind of troll and grudgeposting against the subforum is allowed.

And QCS is toxic as hell and it’s a shame the mods there and Jeffrey don’t seem to give a poo poo about cracking down on obvious grudgeposting weirdos trying to turn the community against each other. At least this is my two cents on things.

trolling the Greenwald thread should be mandatory as there exists no thread more pathetic

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

trolling the Greenwald thread should be mandatory as there exists no thread more pathetic

do not test the glemp curse

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

glad to see your going through your mega paragrpah meltdown phase man. it comes 4 us all

i got halfway through an english ba, i was made for this moment

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Mayor Dave posted:

More to the point glenn has said "gently caress the mods" multiple times this year so why would they want mods in their thread

glenn right again

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

A Russian troll farm posted:

Jeffrey power will soon go'way,

I will be fuehrer one day

Now it's Twenty Twenty-Four
Knock knock on your front door
It's the CSPAM secret police
They have come for your uncool QCs

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

dang i just looked at qcs again for the first time in a few days. learned cspam loves to harass children and kill dogs and suck off stalin and that theres a bunch of goon mock threads in here somewhere. Badass

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

yeah, this forum rocks

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Flunky posted:

dang i just looked at qcs again for the first time in a few days. learned cspam loves to harass children and kill dogs and suck off stalin and that theres a bunch of goon mock threads in here somewhere. Badass

SHB's rereg bitching about IK's has ascended to a new level of posting.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Flunky posted:

cspam is starting to get better at comedy and it's making moderators nervous

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

"cspam is funny" is the new fetch, you're not going to make it happen, dustcat

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

won't someone please think of the former IK who made a bunch of posts defending rape apologia and about the innate horridness of the latino man before peacing out screaming "THEY'RE MENTIONING THINGS I POSTED, THEY MIGHT DOXX ME"

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Probably Magic posted:

"cspam is funny" is the new fetch, you're not going to make it happen, dustcat

what do you mean

we've been scientifically determined to be the objectively funniest forum on these forums

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Oh Snapple! posted:

won't someone please think of the former IK who made a bunch of posts defending rape apologia and about the innate horridness of the latino man before peacing out screaming "THEY'RE MENTIONING THINGS I POSTED, THEY MIGHT DOXX ME"

what’s this

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
i don't know who 90% of the mods are or what they do, i assume monitor the giant threads that suck, but this subforum would be better with less posting winding each other up into doompill mode, or feel like this subforum is somehow deserving of being defended.

it's just a politics subforum, don't overthink it.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

what’s this

Briefly-IK'd Seven Hundred Bee, who was a bad poster

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

indigi posted:

what’s this

SHB posted something extremely racist, got called out on it, then tried to save face by quitting and citing fears that he was going to be doxxed because people kept making GBS threads on him for things he posted on this website

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Snake Dance posted:

Briefly-IK'd Seven Hundred Bee, who was a bad poster

haven't seen that dude on qcs lately, he must have burned out

happens to us all sometimes, but we muster our strength and post again

e:

Cpt_Obvious posted:

SHB's rereg bitching about IK's has ascended to a new level of posting.

wait who's the rereg

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

who the gently caress is shb

wait actually don't tell me i don't loving care

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

Dreylad posted:

i don't know who 90% of the mods are or what they do, i assume monitor the giant threads that suck, but this subforum would be better with less posting winding each other up into doompill mode.

Yeah, CSPAM can be fun without constant screaming about how everyone else is poo poo and there's no reason that things will ever get better. Especially when these begin as jokes and then some of the more unhinged members latch onto it as the truth.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i want to emphasize that he quit on his own; he was not de-IK'd for posting a racist thing

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

doompilling was originally supposed to stay in the climate change thread, which is fundamentally apolitical as far as American politics is concerned (except the debate about domes), but alas.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
chances are if you're a mod of this website you're going to be doxxed. hopefully jeffrey can come up with some stuff that will help protect the mods on that front some more, but it seems to be pretty common which sucks

THS
Sep 15, 2017

glenn’s right

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

hey cspammers with depression, why won't you just get over that one time your mom gave you the poo poo button when you called her? :smug:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snake Dance posted:

Yeah, CSPAM can be fun without constant screaming about how everyone else is poo poo and there's no reason that things will ever get better. Especially when these begin as jokes and then some of the more unhinged members latch onto it as the truth.

can I scream that I'm poo poo and that there's no reason that things will ever get better?

Dreylad posted:

chances are if you're a mod of this website you're going to be doxxed. hopefully jeffrey can come up with some stuff that will help protect the mods on that front some more, but it seems to be pretty common which sucks

if someone tried to doxx me they'd realize in short order that I constantly overshare and tell everyone the worst possible things about myself anyway so there's just nothing to do except tell them how much time I waste posting on a dead forum or playing path of exile / wow

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

indigi posted:

what’s this

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

fwiw, i think the idea of just running an issues focused candidate is seductive because it lets you rehabilitate a large segment of the american public instead of having to grapple with who they are. i think one of the best features of progressive ideology in general is a fundamental respect for the individual and faith in eventual progress, but i find that hard to reconcile with data that shows, for example, that young hispanic men are voting for trump explicitly because they like how he gets to speak down to women. if thats true then the best case of running the progressive issues candidate is that a group of voters who still hates women decides to vote for a candidate who can help them out of self-interest... but still hate women the day after the election. probably the more cynical take is the future of politics is the democratic party picking amongst demographic groups which hold objectively horrid opinions and hoping they can temporarily buy their votes in exchange for material gain. on one hand i guess its good when things get better for everyone, even chuds, but also its kind of depressing to know that the future of identity politics is trading picking your poison between racism, xenophobia, or sexism.

i think the other lesson of this election is that previously unactivated voters aren't just better people who are turned off by the problems of the system. for every first time progressive the democrats turned out, trump as activated a first time chud. i don't know if a strategy premised on winning through activating unengaged voters is even viable anymore, unless it can only be used by one candidate.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
What the hell are those qcs threads meant to accomplish anyway there's already 1488 mods of this loving board

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fluoride Jones posted:

What the hell are those qcs threads meant to accomplish anyway there's already 1488 mods of this loving board

qcs is just an extension of fyad and it's just fyad trolling cspam mostly

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Fluoride Jones posted:

dunno but hopefully squizzle chooses more iks and overloads the system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

empty whippet box posted:

qcs is just an extension of fyad and it's just fyad trolling cspam mostly

it's the arms clasping meme with fyad on one side and d&d on the other

Giga Gaia posted:

dunno but hopefully squizzle chooses more iks and overloads the system

just make everyone an ik in cspam