Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006
Dammit I was super excited and watched the first episode as soon as it went live and then I had to teach a lesson online and then the show disappeared from Disney+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

Enjoyed both episodes so far. I think they nailed the aesthetic in those and I'm interested how this all plays out.

I liked both episodes but sometimes the aesthetic felt just a little off to me. Sometimes the camera's a bit too dynamic or Wanda's clothing is a just a smidge too modern, but really just small things. I'm totally hooked.

Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006
Ya know I know everyone is saying that Mephisto is behind everything, but I really feel like it really is just Wanda. If she had to make some grand bargain to get this world to control with she should demand her money back because they said it was like 7 days since the event started right? And the whole thing is glitching out already so I think Wanda's TRYING to control everything and struggling. I think I'd accept it if at the end of this it was revealed she did on her own. Maybe she just went to Agatha Harkness with help harnessing her power, but she's totally lucid. What I get from Agatha is that she's scared of Wanda, not that she's controlling her.

Mochiballs fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Feb 7, 2021

Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006
I just realized the reference to Shangri-la probably means Wanda went to Kamar-Taj....which to me still suggests she's doing this alone but without full control. Maybe she got into the library?

Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006

Jedit posted:

Something I haven't seen mentioned yet but is worth speculating on:

Wanda's powers code to red and alter reality, while Vision's code to yellow and he can affect minds. Now we have Monica the astronaut with blue powers and Agnes with purple powers that manipulate other powers. Respectively they map perfectly to the Reality, Mind, Space and Power Stones. We also know Strange is coming, still with the powers related to the Time Stone. Which begs the question: where is the orange Soul Stone?

That's super interesting and not something I'd considered! You might be onto something...I mean...the book is glowing orange.

Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006
This is weird but I've been living in eastern Europe for the last 7 years and I remember convincing my friends and colleagues to come watch Infinity War when it came out. I was super embarrassed by Wanda cause first she's a witch that married a robot and how the hell am I supposed to explain THAT to non-comic book people, but also Elizabeth Olsen has a cringeworthy accent when she decides to give it a go. So anyway she was my least favorite character. But this show has me really caring about her and Vision which I really didn't think was possible before.

Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006
I was just telling my friends last that if the show doesn't 'stick the landing' in the last epiisode then people would start saying the show is bad and was bad all along, but that there was no way the 9th episode could be that bad for me. 5 minutes in though I kinda felt like it WAS going to be that bad. Lots of stuff I'm already sick of like raised columns of light and Elizabeth Olsen collapsing and shooting out red energy in every direction accidentally, but there was a lot I liked in there too. The double Vision fight and the post credit scenes were really fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mochiballs
Aug 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Yea like its fun to speculate and point out easter eggs, but there is a whole industry of people who take everything as some deep meaning that has major ramifications for the wider media.

"In episode 3 Wanda uses a 1H pencil, the same kind that Dani Moonstar used to draw a picture of a dog in New Mutants issue 34, so therefor the New Mutants are going to 100% be in the show" is the kind of crap that is being pumped out and people eat it up because this poo poo is so popular and they're starved for it. When it was just trailers you can temper wild speculation because everyone knows that trailers are super misleading, but with a weekly show, there is a full 7 days to fill with speculation and people need to make money with their content so having videos that people watch helps, and not to mention everyone wants to be the one who figures it out.

See I don't have a problem with that and I think that it's really fun to speculate and we get to have these nice communities spring up around them. What I do have a problem with is when episode 4 comes out and people get mad that the show didn't meet their expectations.