Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I can’t believe they credited Stanley Tucci for one line in the What If…? s2 finale. Or indeed, got him in for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

FlamingLiberal posted:

Not as weird as when they had Kurt Russell do one line in an episode of Season 1

They probably had him in for a day and got him to do all the S2 stuff too. Maybe Tucci will be in s3 in a bigger role?

EDIT: forgot Tucci was in the first ep of S1 too! :doh:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

We’re so back :toot:

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1746017363533647948

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

VanillaGorilla posted:

One of the big rumors out there is that they’re planning to essentially do a “do-over” on Defenders in the sense that there will eventually be a “street-level” collab movie with DD, Echo, and Spider-Man with Kingpin in the “street-level” Thanos role.

Basically a modified version of the Devil’s Reign event where Kingpin becomes mayor of New York and outlaws vigilantism

I think the last I heard is that they’re floating this for Spider-Man 4, which will probably be Tom Holland’s last go unless they’re willing to let Peter Parker actually age in the MCU

He’s signed on for another trilogy, no?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Morris! He was in the Hela What If!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Adrianics posted:

My favourite Tom Holland thing is that his father Dominic Holland is a low-level famous stand-up comedian and writer in the UK, and when Tom was announced as Spider-Man Dominic was getting besieged with congratulatory messages on Twitter, and he responded to every single one saying "thanks, I too am excited about my gig in Cheltenham tonight!"

I remember finding out that was his dad a few years after he’d been Spider-Man. I knew who Dominic Holland was (even if it’s been a few years since I’ve seen him on tv), but I’d have never linked the two without being specifically told. Quite the surprise!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Timby posted:

As I recall, the prevailing rumor from leaks was that Murdock didn't even suit up until the fifth or sixth episode.

That happened in Netflix S1 too, maybe that’s why they’ve rejigged it and declared the Netflix stuff canon again?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

We’ve seen it once already though? The smartest thing the MCU did was jump straight into Peter Parker already having his powers and being pretty much established.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That reminds me, the only thing I didn't like about the Loki finale were his weird little slippers at the end.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

To know that would require someone to have actually watched it though. Are you sure?

Ms Marvel was generally beloved in this thread.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’d absolutely count on Mobius showing up though, even if just for a cameo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

live with fruit posted:

That's why they usually focus on mutant kids who just look different instead of the time bomb ones.

In general, it'd be nice if they started focusing on mutants who aren't soldiers. What is life for everyday mutants with benign powers like?

There was the fashion designer mutant who got killed in the street, sparking Kid Omega’s rampage.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Waltz being in Battle Angel Alita shows he’s not above appearing in comics dross for money, so maybe he could do Doom?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

live with fruit posted:

If it's set in the 60s, that means they can cram Peggy and Howard in there.

:dance:

Hell yeah!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I actually wouldn’t be against a Jim Carrey Reed. When he plays straight, he’s very good.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

thrawn527 posted:

Eva Green? She's only 5 years younger than Pedro, so the age is about right for them to be college friends, movie age wise.

Oh man, Crazy Eyes Green would be amazing.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mat Cauthon posted:

Theron is the no brainer choice.

She’s Clea now, who I hope we see more of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28jSYyDEzqE

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Zefiel posted:

Shoehorn Jon's Punisher in there just so he gets his lights out like in that one Power Pack panel

Oh man, MCU Power Pack. Time to dust off my Ultimate Power Pack spec from 15 years ago that they turned down.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

Did we really see Heimdall in viking heaven in Thor 4? I saw that movie twice and can barely remember anything beyond gang of thor-kids, screaming goats and his axe has trust issues.

It’s a very poorly written scene, and looks really cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIZ7eZOZNvE

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

F&TWS is coming to dvd/Blu-ray on April 30th! Hurrah physical releases!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Spider-verse movies, even if they're not strictly MCU.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Right so like half the “multiverse” is Sony and not even Disney.

And the spider-verse slaps and did well.

Yeah, Spider-verse rules.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Do I need to have watched the original show?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Tagichatn posted:

Pryde's partner is lucky she didn't have ice powers instead.

Bobby’s boyfriend is in for a shock.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Huh I just found out that cartoon is from the early 80s, and not the late 60s/early 70s like I thought.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

EC posted:

They got so close in Midnight Suns but didn't go all the way. A shame.

I've seen some posts on various social media that Bucky won't be in the next Cap movie, which seems insane after Falcon & Winter Soldier.

Yeah, Mackie seems kinda down because Sam's boyfriend buddy isn't showing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1774461153302786309