Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Digital Jedi posted:

Enjoyed both episodes so far. I think they nailed the aesthetic in those and I'm interested how this all plays out.

Am disappointed by the run time. Was really hoping for longer. drat Disney+ having 10minutes of end credits to give false hope

Yeah, the episode to credits ratio is a bit off. I guess that's an advantage of streaming, since they wouldn't put that into a TV time slot..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

Really? Some of the plates during the opening scene screamed CGI.

Where were the wires?

Right behind the cardboard stand.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Klungar posted:

“No More Multiverse”

cue 3 spider-mans pointing at each other
The 2000s episode must be structured as "How I made you mutants."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Piell posted:

I looked up the actor earlier, beekeeper guy is credited to a stunt guy who's been on a bunch of MCU movies and shows.

Makes sense. Spoiling the plot with a cast list isn't worth it. Also I guess whoever would actually play that guy would demand quite a bit more money for that one minute performance. By the way, are those bees real? If yes, that would be another good reason to use a stuntman.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So...
Considering that next episode will probably be set in the 80s,
would you say that Wanda and Vision are Married... With Children?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Desperado Bones posted:

Can't wait for those cheesy 90's family sitcom adventures.

The show will throw us for a loop and parody That 70s Show.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Desperado Bones posted:

Excuse me, he is like 10 :colbert:

I guess it depends on whether he ages with those periods.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

Queen :c00lbert: Ms. Maximoff, I guess? I mean, he calls Monica "Captain Rambeau" and Darcy "Dr. Lewis" instead of their first names like a proper professional.

Hmm no. I think he's an avengers fanboy who would adapt to use the same names they'd call each other. Wanda is just a better thing to shout than Ms. Maximoff. That's why callsigns exist.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Edmund Lava posted:

All the Marvel shows that have been announced are supposed to have these ridiculous budgets.

Since it wil probably be more grounded, I'd imagine Hawkeye is a bit cheaper to make. Unless Steinfeld really didn't want to have this role and Disney just gave her 20 mil per episode to settle the matter, I can't imagine a show about two archers and their dog goofing around, fighting mundane crime would cost anything in the same league as a story of a reality altering witch, which forces a town through sitcom hell.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 31, 2021

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

Did Marvel release this many trailers for The Mandalorian?

I know there's no real way of telling, but I get the sense that Disney isn't seeing the numbers for this program that they wanted to see.

Never question Disneys promotion tactic or scheduling. Only madness lies that way.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
No more midi-chlorians!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

My theory right now is that the Wanda who ransacked SWORD to get Vision's body, aka the Wanda who threatened everyone at the border, is an imposter disguised as her.

Why? I can't see any arguments in favor of that theory. This seems unsubstantiated at best.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Feb 5, 2021

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

It's just kind of a weird blip (:v:) for Wanda to be with her boys in one moment, outside of Westfiew in the next moment, and then back looking for the dog as if she hadn't actually gone anywhere. Which would make sense if she hadn't gone anywhere and the Wanda we saw outside the Hex (:allears:) was in fact just a different person.

The speech she gave to the twins, about how you can't reverse death, also doesn't really square with her mindset of just using her powers to do whatever she wants.

Also, Wanda seemed to acknowledge that was in fact controlling everything when speaking to SWORD, but later seemed to suggest to Vision that she's not truly the one in control here. (This point relies on trusting that she's being truthful to Vision, though, which is dubious) (All the same though, I think we can believe she's genuinely surprised to see "Pietro" and that his return was outside of her control)

It would also explain why Wanda even knew Vision was being kept with SWORD in the first place.

Nah, seems unlikely. You're arguing that the woman hanging out with the kids and who had red eyes in the black and white image of that drone camera, is a different person than the one which brought the drone out a few minutes later. I can't see that happening. Wanda may not be in control, but that's more on a mental emotional level. She probably just told the boys something like "Mommy will be right back and we'll look for the dog."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Klungar posted:

Apparently, according to the Spanish subtitles, the person she's texting is female

Come on Marvel, give me Toni Ho. She even hung out with Monica in her latest comics iteration. Wanda and her can bond over having their fathers killed by Stark weaponry. Also she even tinkered around on Vision at some point.
I don't care that her dad was under the impression that his whole family was already dead in Iron Man. Who even remembers what happened in the first hour of the MCU?
It's really unlikely to happen, but assuming you'd want to introduce her, this would be the best chance to do so.
I just want to have the cool purple-haired science genius in MCU.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Also, is this the first episode which states that Westview is in New Jersey? Do you know who is notorious for being from New Jersey and happens to have a series later this year?
Calling it: Wanda's weirdness will give Kamala her Ms. Marvel powers.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Phylodox posted:

Even Fury had to answer to Powers Boothe and Robert Redford.

And how did that turn out?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Spacebump posted:

Sometimes actors lie about roles with the MCU. While I don’t think he is, it’s always possible.

Yeah, this seems to be a trend, to the point that I think it's in their contracts. Both Hailee Steinfeld and Tatiana Maslany explicitly claimed the opposite of reality when it came to that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That's kinda funny, but I honestly could not be bothered to read through that to get the content half a day earlier.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Dexo posted:

good place isn't a family sitcom.

These have all been familial relationship sitcoms.

It's why you didn't get like Friends or Seinfield.

So It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is fair game?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

OB_Juan posted:

It's Always Sunny in Westview. I guess Pietro is Charlie, but who's Frank?

Agnes's husband played by Danny DeVito! And/or Mephisto.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

So, is this a sequel to "Kevin can wait", where they couldn't get Kevin James anymore?
Haven't watched any of that show.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Blaise330 posted:

How does a straight to streaming TV show have to rush so much?

Wanda is the most unrelatable monster of a protagonist since Jax from Sons of Anarchy, Barry from Barry, and Walter from Breaking Bad. Why is cheering for sociopathic selfish psychos the new norm?

Did you see "You"? That show and the protagonist rule.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

BurritoJustice posted:

Sharon in this episode was Hayward from WV. Seemingly well intentioned but hints of malice through the season then acts of comical villainy in the final episode so you know they were the big bad (all alooong). Felt just as clumsy. Also everything to do with the episode with the serum doctor makes no sense in retrospect, especially when you remember all the threatening texts sent to Karli from who we now know is Sharon

I just realize that WV can stand for WandVision or for Westview.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

The World Inferno posted:

I like how the shield was stopped by common office chair

Patriotism stops at the office.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

What the hell are you talking about

Yeah, as far as fascist sympathiser production teams go, they barely make it into the top ten! (I have no clue what this is about.)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
All forms of trade are theft.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Who would ever deny making out with one of these great looking people. Rita Ora in particular?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bleck posted:

if she is I bet it sucks major rear end

It's being written by Chip Zdarsky, so no.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Now I wonder if there was ever a superperson with that moniker.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Obviously, they didn't bother to get Pratt for that half sentence at the end there.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Is there anything worth seeing in this latest What If? I instantly lose any sort of interest if zombies are involved. And to be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the one before with Dr. Strange.
But if you guys think it's worth seeing I will.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

lmao he became a serial killer

Haven't we all at one point?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's always interesting which actors voice their characters themselves. Apparently they could get Natalie Portman, but not Brie Larson.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's great to see Clint finally having a chance to shine. His action scenes where awesome and there were so many silly trick arrows. They even brought in the USB-arrow!
But yeah, Vision really didn't pull his weight.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

kazil posted:

Has Hawkeye LARPing, already better than Eternals

Jeremy Renfair.

Nail Rat posted:

Yeah it was originally scheduled to end the same day that Book of Boba Fett starts which sounds like a hilarious fuckup of scheduling.

Why? What's the problem here?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

You should have put that its still Novemeber 24th. Man I love that shot of Hawkeye catching the molotov and throwing it back.

Yeah, I knew that the beginning was planned for November so I was excited to hear that it's already in 10 days instead.
Well six weeks days aren't that much either.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

Completely cropping out Clint's face to get most of Kate and all of Lucky. Good Twitter.

Don't humanize twitter. It's still a scourge. But yeah, that picture looks great.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

That is a sort of benefit.
Imagine reading a contract until you get to the benefits package where it simply says "we won't kill you now."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
New short trailer. Mostly recut scenes they showed earlier. But I love Kate's excited geek face at the beginning. They're really hyping the Christmas theme and I'm all in for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLP3gEEYaf0

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

KittyEmpress posted:

To be fair to MCU writers on Hawkeye, the comics never seem sure of who Hawkeye is either. Sometimes he is a drunk loser whose only skill is archery. Sometimes he is dark brooding batman with a bow and or sword. Sometimes he's the cockiest bastard in the world, shooting down iron man with a well placed arrow into critical components. Sometimes he is comedy relief 'wow I'm so out of my depth with all these superhumans'.

It's not surprising the MCU kinds floundered with finding his role and a consistent tone for his character.

I really liked Hawkeye Freefall, were he somehow was all of those at the same time, while making it work. That comic also had one of the weirdest secret identity shenanigans.

I think his best characterization is if he wants to do good, but keeps ending up way out of his league and has to bridge the gap with lateral thinking. Since all of the MCU stuff he was in was basically team efforts, he didn't really have a chance to shine in that way.