Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Fun show, nice creepy undertone going on under the saccharine sweet surface.
the helicopter was vision / iron Man colours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Did anyone else think that the bee bloke looked kind of wrong and rotten? at first I thought it was a bunch of flies around him. creepy.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Azhais posted:

Ant man sneaks into the town

I like Ant Man. I would like this to happen, he's an example of someone who made a mistake and worked to rectify it.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
On a very superficial note, Bettany is made of legs and fills his trousers out nicely.

I think there is a head and heart divide going on with Wanda she seems as surprised as anyone about certain things that happen. is there any bad guy who is desire / dream / wish motivated?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
It was in your heart (shaped herb) all along?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Maybe Herb and Agatha are being affected like Rambeau, because of their co star / guest star role? They are second tier players with some autonomy, maybe this whole thing begins to screw with mental abilities and we end up with witches and grim reapers.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Good point! Tony's arc was all about fear of conquest and paranoia over threats. If that's in the back of his mind when he has the infinity gauntlet power, I can see him subconsciously changing humans to be more powerful, stronger.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Am I imagining things?
Edit: yes I am, ignore

Sloth Life fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Feb 20, 2021

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Josh hutcherson from the mockingjay films. Short and square jawed

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Whoever pointed out that one of the lads was in Haunting of Hill House, thank you for the reminder to rewatch. He was such a cute kid back then

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Maybe Agatha really is a small time witch-villain who had big plans with her book, and then along comes Miss Major Mojo, drawn to it, basically steam rolls over everything. So Agatha is A baddie, but not THE baddie in this.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
so, do all the stones have a (colour) witch? Agathas mommy had the blue horns/crown wanda has the red horns/crown, I'm assuming Agatha will manifest purple ones sooner or later

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
What happened with Thor 2? You have solid, charismatic leads and a well respected actor in the role of main bad guy. And you end up with *that*.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
There's plotlines about the sokovia accords in Agent of Shield as well, so it impacts all powered people I guess

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

BlackIronHeart posted:

I admit I winced when I saw they managed to grab the worst kid actor from The Haunting of Hill House.

Wash out your mouth! Baby Luke Crain was the most precious thing.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
He looks wildly different in nearly every picture I find. Proper chameleon weirdness.

Body weight and beard makes a huge difference

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I liked Mickey Rourke in Iron Man 2, his whole thing was very compelling, teasing that Howard Stark was not squeaky clean.

Wish they had been ballsy enough to stick with it and play with shades of antiheroism and sins of the father.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Holy poo poo Karli *is* the most adorable badass. Those big eyed scared faces that melted into a huge grin...

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Wyatt Russell is drat fine in this. The helmet makes him look drat stupid.

I liked the 'psyching up' session with his lovely lady friend. It was short but it did a lot to humanize him - he's going to be the poster boy for "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

The psychiatrist being so done with everyone *and* their poo poo made me laugh. That lady has presence and sarcasm to spare.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
It's a cinderella thing. The shoe helmet has to fit.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
He's hot and sad.

(Don't ask me why but I always think of this wrt LOKI - fit hot guys have problems too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dep0Fq6XnWQ)

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
If someone spat in my face id be bloody livid. That's disgusting and shows such disrespect.

I'm surprised the whole loss - grief anger - retribution arc was so underplayed. It feels muted, and that's taking a lot of the emotional power out of it.

I think Zemo is acting circles around everyone else. I'm glad years of imprisonment have changed his character he's so much fun as evil bruce wayne

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I'm pretty sure Renner has gone on record about how he was sold a completely different character to the one they ended up writing, and that has to suck. I don't know much about him as an actor but the Wanda bonding scene was pretty good, I look forward to more of that.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Lord_Magmar posted:

I'm pretty sure it wasn't that they sold him on a different character, he just didn't know he was playing Clint Barton/Hawkeye.

The best one is still him mentioning retiring and playing gold, played 18 holes, shot 18 hole in ones, he just doesn't miss. (This is literally impossible on most golf courses because of course length).

This is what I meant
https://www.hindustantimes.com/holl...I2yXTGVtUL.html

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Well now!

That was an A plus ep for me. I enjoyed experience and training winning out against brute strength (Hi Dora Milaje! You are stupendous!)

I enjoyed Zemo being strategic to the same end. Evil Dolphin Face is my favourite character so far and he's not afraid to live and fight another day.

Poor Cle Bennett exists to be killed off for drama, cf Lost Girl.

Walker is a dick, but an understandable / relatable one. I'm not exactly ... enjoying ... his downfall but I am finding it uncomfortably compelling.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

live with fruit posted:

How are people saying Walker will have a hero's reception for killing an unarmed man in public and on video when the big real world story is the trial of a police officer who killed an unarmed man in public and on video?

Terrorists aren't considered people?

Walker just messily murdered someone in the inner circle of (bin Laden/Gaddafi/insert terrorist leader here) stand in.

Sloth Life fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 10, 2021

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I liked YoYos (initial ) limitation in AOS, she's a speedster but only in short bursts and has to return to her starting point.

I always assume speedsters have to really concentrate, like an athlete doing a floor routine or on the bars. Distraction causes it all to fall apart and bones to break.

It would be funny to have a speedster who could run fast but reacts normally, like having to stop in order to go round corners or risk plowing right into a wall.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Sam's needs to get an infusion of Isiah's blood somehow. Boom, superhuman.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Jet Jaguar posted:

I really need Lance and Bobbi from Agents of SHIELD to come back—they were robbed from their spinoff show. Also, Enoch is the best and deserves all the screentime.

Agreed

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

live with fruit posted:

Jensen Ackles as Hawkeye.

This would have been awesome 😎

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Robot Style posted:

In the original upload, that camera in that shot had really janky movement because it was based on sped-up helicopter or drone footage. They updated the episode with a version that had a stabilized and re-sped camera, but it also included a QC error where a rotoshape or something was left on the frame (the blob doesn't track with the camera or change shape, so it's just an artifact from the composite). I can see how it slipped through, because everyone would just be looking at the camera to make sure it's smooth, but wouldn't be paying that much attention to the rest of the frame.

It kinda looks like a floating trianglish shape.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
Loki but Blue can get it.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

Lord_Magmar posted:

Also I cannot claim it as my own but someone suggested the way Kid Loki did the deed is that when doing the turn into a snake to stab Thor trick it wasn’t so funny when Thor died instead of surviving.

I thought exactly the same!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I liked Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson, they were both very charming. I would have watched the hell out of a buddy cop / cat and mouse series based on those two.

I liked the Big Bad after *that* point. He really sold the fear and an odd joy of not knowing what would happen next.

I liked the visuals, the whole retro future look of the TVA, and a lot of the side characters (Old Loki!)

The rest didn't grab me as much as it did others here. In part due to not being a comics person, in part due to not being a sci Fi / Dr who person.

It wasn't bad it just wasn't for me.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
If Rogue can wield the hammer, Peggy can.

(The only what if I've ever read. Found it at the library and was extremely confused).

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

AngryBooch posted:

That's wild, I wonder if she was able to Absorb "Worthiness" with her ability or if she herself was just worthy.

She absorbed Thor's personality and abilities and poo poo *was* wild.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/What_If%3F_Vol_2_66

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
90s cartoon Magneto was basically my sexual awakening. I know the voice actor has passed but I hope they get someone equally awesome to take the role on.

He was pretty well balanced as well, not the full on "kill all humans" "you're all wolves" schtick he has nowadays.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
The Magicians episode 6 short stories about magic did a chunk from the deaf character's POV as well. Not the whole ep sadly.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I liked Clint's Christmas jumper with a grumpy looking cat on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I gotta say I *cheered* when tall lady larper just up and whacked the TSM guy. And then Friar Tuck guy did the belly bounce thing. oh yeah, normies heroes!

Wandavision is still my #1 but this is solid #2.