Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Well here's a thing that will get me to post.

HOLY poo poo that was goddamn wild

That and the hints of an AoS return this week. Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

swickles posted:

The loving WHAT?!?!

Winderbam or whatever his name is, head of Marvel TV said with the success of X97 and how good Daredevil is looking, he wants to bring back SHIELD next and the Coulson actor was making some noise online too.

Fingers crossed because that would be great

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Jeff Ward also said he'd come back but ONLY if Deke Shaw is still director of SHIELD

Which, eh

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

FlamingLiberal posted:

Colossus was also a character that shows up a few times in the original series but never joined the team officially

I also think your first theory is probably true

When did they start production on this?

Having an amusingly Russian guy hits a bit differently now than in actual 1997

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Soul Glo posted:

Magneto and Co. are absolutely dead. You don’t do that episode of story and then immediately undercut it by softening it with “actually it wasn’t so bad.”

That’s just your wishful thinking.

Putting him with the one mutant that could mask his power signature is a hell of a red herring if so

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I don't disagree really

I like a good red herring, personally

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I vote time travel poo poo

Really though I just want to hear them say Nimrod a few dozen times

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
In one episode of the old show Gambit charged a length of chain he was twirling, and they showed that it took a few moments for the charge to spread (I also remember thinking at the time that spinning it made it "one thing" instead of a collection of links because it each was forced tight against the next)

What he did in that last episode was surprising, but finding out he's been holding back actually feels pretty in-character to me

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Merrill Grinch posted:

I have the feeling that this will lead into the Horsemen of Apocalypse storyline.

They already did that in the old series

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Defiance Industries posted:

When I was a kid, I thought his name was Apoca Lips and he got it because of his weird mouth.

I really admired his stylish belt buckle, though.

That's actually the planet DARKSIGHED is from

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I would assume Storm and Cyclops would make any list of favorites

It would almost certainly depend on if you're polling people in a comic shop or the general public who knows the characters from the movies etc

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Away all Goats posted:

I think people liked Rogue cause of the Southern acccent

Certainly it was memorable

"Nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs" has lived rent free in my head for 30 years

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

MonsterEnvy posted:

I forget did the Animated Series explain how she got her super strength and flight. I know in the comics it's because she permently stole Carol Danver's (aka Ms Marvel at the time) powers. But I forget if the show explained that.

They did. She's in a coma and presumably if she ever wakes, Rogue loses most of her oomph

She must have borrowed someone else's Having a Huge Can power and it wore off

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

OldSenileGuy posted:

Unless I misread/misinterpreted it, I wasn't crazy about the way for Storm to get her powers back was just 'believe in yourself, the power was inside you all along!' Storm was never a character that screamed 'self-doubt', and the only reason she felt that way now was because her powers were taken away.

the machine DID work.. AND she had a mental block caused by the trauma of losing them. both can be true

efb'd but agreed

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
The future that Bishop and Forge are seen in has what appears to be Wolverine's skeleton in a bacta tank

I always thought that was badass as a kid but I don't think they every explained it. I wondered if it was removed or he was dead or if that WAS him and he was slowly regenerating from a single strand of DNA stuck to the skeleton

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

OldSenileGuy posted:

Why does everyone say Magneto’s name is Magnus

I thought it was Erik

Magnus is his middle name

But that's a fake name and his real name is actually Max

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Gynovore posted:

Wolvie's power has always been "whatever the writer needs to make the scene work". One time he was trapped in Antarctica, and survived by chopping off bit of skin and eating it as they grew back, which obviously would only work if his power was fueled by cosmic rays or magical pixie dust.

Most high level mutant powers can't possibly be supported by biological metabolism

Logan's mitochondria tap directly into the Punch Lunch Dimension

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Magneto knew where Charles was, he was there at the series finale when it happened. granted, they don't know for sure he didn't die after they sent him to space

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Zoobtro posted:

i love this show. it might be a bit janky but wasn't it always?

The 90s run was a million times jankier

And awesome in spite of it

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Spacebump posted:

The next Wolverine needs to be short and have a Canadian accent. Also, I don't care who plays MCU Xavier but please don't make him British.

Eminem casting wildcard

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I mean there's also this

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Was it not the same voice actor as Dr Hemlock on Bad Batch? Sure sounded similar

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Spacebump posted:

Isn't it obvious the movie bombed because it was bad? Basically every scene that didn't involve Kamala fell flat and the villains weren't interesting.

No it's not obvious at all

And the opinion that you cite is one you might form after watching the movie, which shouldn't really affect early box office

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I mean.... Angel's powers have to be more than just physical since those wings would do gently caress all for him to fly, let alone when we see him just hover

I guess he could be doing something with air or density or whatever but physical/non is a pretty fuzzy distinction

Is what storm does physical? Or magneto? It's not psychic or obviously "magical" in that it just manipulates existing physical laws/ matter/ energy

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Rappaport posted:

The diamond lady exists in the X-men movies, which are not technically MCU but it's A Thing.

They are sort of "back door" canonized by Deadpool

If you see what I mean

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
gat drat

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
He was microwaving fish

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
He hung the toilet paper underhand

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I think it looks fine. Seeing it in motion is going to matter a lot more. This is literally engagement bait

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Who's the loving Easter Island head dude

Is that kingpin? Is this also a dick Tracy crossover

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
Magneto uses the power of magnetism to keep the blood from spilling out of his body and keep his heart beating and

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I maybe don't really get what Magneto did

If it was a fuckoff global EMP as it appeared, it's not like he could just "reverse" it, that's not how anything works

If he's actively suppressing something specific about the electromagnetic spectrum on a global scale then 1. Hot drat. and 2. Incapacitating him should reverse it and they don't need him to actively DO anything

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
He altered the quantum electropolarity of the magnetosphere by aligning the lodestone deposits below the poles focused through the Savage Land

Obviously

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Marsupial Ape posted:

I am starting the Flash movie, god help me.

It's fine

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Marsupial Ape posted:

The first 5 minutes were actually really good…then Batman.

This is opposite day from most reviews

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
That's a time loop episode

Hmm

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

FlamingLiberal posted:

Why the hell does Wolverine need a sword

________________/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

NikkolasKing posted:

Speaking of X-Villains, I did have a thought.

After Magneto and Apocalypse, who is the most famous X -Men enemy? Sinister? Juggernaut? Does anybody else even come close to Mags and Apoc?

Sentinels and just like, human bigots and governments

Not exactly what you were asking but i think it's true