Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.
Wow, they have full dubbing in Japanese, Italian, Spanish, French, and Portuguese. It's hilarious watching this in Japanese somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

ookiimarukochan posted:

They've been dubbing the Disney+ Originals in a bunch of languages for countries where they've not launched yet for a while (Mandalorian S1 doesn't have Japanese dub, S2 does) - weirdly a lot of languages with a dub but no subtitles.

Oh wow, I gotta rewatch Mandalorian S2 in Japanese now.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

I can't wait till John throws his Forged in Fire shield and it follows normal physics when he throws it and it just clanks against a wall and falls straight down.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

When the Crimson Dynamo Red Guardian v. Taskmaster fight came up, I was convinced they were going to make at least a throwaway joke about Taskmaster not being able to copy his moves because he wasn't famous enough to have studied him.

See when that came up, I thought similar, but that "drunk russian" is not a style that Taskmaster could copy reliably because it's so unpredictable.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Olyphant should get it because he is loving amazing and got royally hosed when Netflix cancelled Santa Clarita Diet.

We need a spinoff with Olyphant's character and just make it Deadwood in Space.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

8one6 posted:

gently caress a Loki art book would rock!

I read that wrong for a sec there.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

I just checked out Alaqua Cox's social media because of this episode, and her dad died the other day. Like she is gonna be a breakout star now, and her dad dies like right before he gets to see it happen.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Ror posted:

KB Toys was great because you could always go in there whenever you had some extra time at the mall. It was a lot harder to convince your parents to take you to the huge standalone Toys R Us.

edit: ^^ :hmmyes:

I still remember my little sister and I being asked to leave a KB Toys because we didn't have our parents with us. Toys R Us didn't care at all though, so we always loved going there.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Azhais posted:

Watching eternals now and Harish Patel is the true star of this film

Karun was the best thing about Eternals. I want him to fight vampires with Blade now since he seemed to have experience with it in his younger days.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

It looks like the museum may be the same place that Sersi and Dane work at.

Most likely it's gonna lead to Moon Knight teaming up with Blade and Black Knight in a Midnight Sons/Marvel Knights team. Hopefully they get to fight Dracula.

With Karun being their valet!

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Gattaca is still my favorite Ethan Hawke movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll5qiWa6YDk

This scene always hit me in the gut then, and still does today.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

I really liked that episode. Everything in the tomb reminded me of a Doctor Who episode with it's monster and random dark tunnels and mysterious objects with convoluted explanations, and then the institute stuff reminded me of Legion of course, which i also love. That hippo lady was hilarious though.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Necrothatcher posted:

I got a bunch of Edgar Wright energy from this, so had a v good time.

I was so thinking of Scott Pilgrim while watching this, especially with some of the imagination leaking into reality effects.

Other thoughts, I really loved her family.

Dad was great with the homemade Alexa and his Indian Hulk suit. I wish she took him up for his offer to go.

Brother was oddly supportive and kind, while being really devout. Somehow I assumed he would be the antagonist in the family.

Mom was the best though, and reminded me of my mom. When her mom brought out a full meal for her friend, I kept thinking of that Swedish thing about not feeding guests that is on social media now.

Also, did she do a "Bruno, no no no" joke with her friend Bruno?

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s probably cultural. My mom gave me car keys at 16 and said I was free to do whatever as long as I was home by 11, I had friends who weren’t allowed to have sleepovers with friends if they had a brother because their parents didn’t want her sleeping in the same HOUSE as a boy her age.

I hate to bring this in, but it also depends on gender. My mom let me as a boy do whatever I want, but my little sister couldn't even date till she was 18, and they were way overprotective (which ended up backfiring on them).

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

I was bummed about Josh, I was equally tricked and hypnotized by him. The show made him so charismatic.

I was thinking, good for Jen, she needs a good guy after her last fling, but nope, she gets poo poo on again :(

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Was that Rom the Space Knight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Marsupial Ape posted:

I will say that the guys in the alien band did an excellent job of emoting under all that makeup. They legit looked like happy space guys and not actors in heavy prosthetics smiling weird so the makeup doesn’t fail.

Yeah, I really liked the band in all their makeup, and the music was good. I thought the lead for the band did a great job with the few lines he had. I thought it was amusing having aliens infatuated with weird human music and culture.