Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

quote:

Last November, the Texans boarded their team charter for a 10-hour trip home after a game against the Jaguars in London. Mid-flight, several players gathered around a table in the galley area, playing cards and sharing laughs after their sixth win of the season. Nearby, Easterby knelt in an aisle, speaking in a low voice to McNair. The volume of the card game grew, and Easterby took his stand. He rose and made a move toward the galley, shushing the players, demanding quiet—imploring them that Mr. McNair needs his sleep. Then he returned to his post, by the owner’s side, the one voice in his ear.

Found a photo of this event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Parallelwoody posted:

At least my Lions have top tier incompetence rather than the blatent manipulation and whatever the gently caress this is. With Caserio and Dungy in the same room the level of cult eyes energy could power most of Texas. No idea what easterby looks like and now I'm a bit hesitant to gaze upon that visage.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

dirty shrimp money posted:

It kinda does. The Texans have been a below average franchise devoid of any character for its entire life. At least now it gets to be known for a unique dysfunction usually seen less in pro sports and more in European history textbooks.

My friend let me tell you a story about a coach that went 1-31 and kept his job.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

nikosoft posted:

To be fair, Bieniemy has some serious character flags in his past conduct. But not even bothering to interview Saleh, who would at least bring one of Shanahan's guys with him to run the offense, is criminal.

Is it really character concerns when he's been clean for 20 years? Like the PR fallout would be real but he seems to have his poo poo together and be way more legit than the rocket scientist. Eric faced consequences for his poo poo to unlike beardo. Seems like a way easier situation to handle from a PR prospective

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

watson gets traded (to carolina natch), Houston trades everything they have to jacksonville, take good christian boy trevor lawrence

and hand Dabo a portion of the franchise to go with 20mil annually to complete the package.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I want to place a bet on Easterby having some horrible scandal uncovered and another one what exactly it is.

It's always multiple affairs. The only question is if other men were involved.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Nodoze posted:

Gonna laugh if they end up refusing to trade him out of spite and he refuses to show up out of spite

Best option is he shows up and plays like garbage on purpose to tank his trade value.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Surely firing some random crew that Watson was friendly with will convince him to stay. Any minute now he'll realize how wrong he is.

Holy poo poo McNair way to make Jimmy loving Haslam seem sane

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

A malfunctioning fax machine results in a massive windfall. GMs hate this trick!

Head coaches hate it
GMs become legend for loving up the machine

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Magicpants posted:

this was his undoing. jack easterby read the book and now knows all about continuous leadership success. so what's jack need jamey hanging around for?

Jesus had the most continuous success on the cross

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

I continue to be impressed that McNair is somehow a worse owner than Haslam. Goddamn

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

They're squeezing the devil out to make room for the holy spirit

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Deshaun should just go full cracker at this point. He's going to be slandered as a diva no matter what.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'd say Watson should just keep doing what he's doing. The vast majority of coverage is correctly regarding him as the reasonable party.

As soon as he's out the narrative will switch to "is he a bad team-mate?"

It'll be dumb but it's inevitable

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

fsif posted:

His theoretical appeal is something that I am intrinsically completely unable to understand. It's like Joel Osteen—how do people see these guys as anything other than surface level hucksters? They're like Tiny Tunes level caricatures of snake oil salesmen.

He has a modicum of ability, a pastor and is willing to tell a billionaire failson all about the prosperity gospel.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

gently caress Mike Silver but loving lol Sage is going to get blackballed by the failsons that make up the league ownership

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Kirios posted:

I'm convinced Cal's a goon I'm just not sure what his username is.

Three Olives

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

HappyHippo posted:

Didn't the browns draft johhny football because a homeless guy recommended him to the owner? That seems about on par with this level of dysfunction

Haslam is an idiot and made it up

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Thank you Houston for ending what interest I had in baseball.

Feel better?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

So what else makes this lawyer a local poo poo head? Other than having enough money to be neighbors with a billionaire.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

fsif posted:

The subtext in the coverage of the accusations seems to be that the accusations don't have much credibility because the representation is so suspect. Is there a way an unscrupulous lawyer like Buzbee could plausibly generate accusations from whole cloth without suffering at least some kind of major professional setback?

From my vantage point, it seems like at a minimum Buzbee has multiple professional masseuses who allege misconduct and can prove they've had contact with Watson. Is there a likely explanation that any of that could be fabricated by Buzbee? If not, I don't really see Buzbee's involvement as a particularly pertinent detail about the accusations.

Well as of right now Trumps lawyers still have their law licenses after all their election horseshit.

Still entirely within the realm of possibility that these women were harassed and went in with this instagram lawyer but after 2020 I can't discount the dumb thing.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Hooo buddy yeah that's yeah. I understand anonymity and all and I'd like to know there's actual accusers but I'm certainly leaning "get hosed Deshaun"

2020 was wild but making GBS threads ones self would be one helluva flourish for a whole cloth trump election make em up.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yeah I don't even know. This has to go to court. Back to seeming entirely plausible that he's made this poo poo up whole cloth.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hasn’t the lawyer denied that the woman was looking for a settlement?

Yeah the request to the court is the 500$ minimum assuming the accusers exist so this is entirely about outing him. I doubt he knew this was coming when he put in the request.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

If I have the time line right he released the statement before the minimum award was put in or at the least came out.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

AngusPodgorny posted:

The request is for at least $500,

Ok that's what I was misunderstanding. Learning some poo poo

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

b0ng posted:

I was under the impression that if they traded him this year the dead cap money would be massive for the Texans.

edit: this Watson stuff should probably have its own thread as it’s barely related to my favorite jesus man Jack Easterby

This should just be a general Texans Shitshow thread

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I'm sure they'd much rather have like 4 first round picks and dead money this year than no QB, no draft picks and no dead money.

The Texans being involved in this makes no sense.

The Texans insisting they're not trading him and taking no offers doesn't make sense and neither does handing the team over to lovely preacher. Rich people being unqualified and vindictive to what should be their own detriment is down right presidential.

The world is so dumb that it's plausible.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Of course it does. Why would you announce your intention of getting rid of a player and decrease your leverage?

What leverage? I'm being serious. It's a matter of time till it happens (or was). Just sitting on him and hoping he breaks isn't a great plan when you'll get the most return before the season especially before the draft.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Not great still need confirmation he actually sent them because we know Buzbee isn't above faking texts.

Jfc just any other attorney

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

mcmagic and three other trolls rush in: “but the lawyer’s bad! (please ignore all other lawyers who are all also bad, including Deshaun’s lawyer who argued Adrian Peterson didn’t abuse his kid when beating the utter poo poo out of him)”

He's literally faked texts before just to smear a political opponent and releases everything on Instagram. What about this man screams credibility? There's being a sleazy lawyer then there's the kind of guy you expect to represent trump in an election case. Should we automatically trust him because he's showing evidence he's literally faked before? This isn't even trolling how do you trust this guy immediately?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Intruder posted:

Did he pay 13 women to open themselves up to harassment and potential litigation? I doubt it

There's absolutely smoke here

This guy seems just bizarrely sleazy enough to go through this without actual people to make the accusation. All the filings are under various Jane Doe's so did anyone actually open themselves up other than this weird guy? Here's me not knowing legal procedure but at what point does he have to prove to the court (yes anonymity is important in sexual assault and harassment cases especially high profile ones) that there are women behind these complaints? Did he have to provide that to the court in a hidden part of the filings?

Somethings extremely fucky and I don't know how this ends up. After the poo poo show that got 50 something days in court because of a failed steak salesmans tantrum the most bizarre things still seem possible as all hell.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Metapod posted:

Yall don't have to dive head first into an opinion here so you can be smug if you are right. You can just wait until the details are more clear.

but then it wouldn't be the internet.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Didn't the Texans fire their really well respected PR head during Easterby's purges?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Multi-Ddimensional Time Traveler Brain: Buzbee is an agent of David Tepper Jerry Jones

There can be only 1 team in Texas!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

At what point here does law enforcement consider opening a criminal investigation? Do they need one of the victims to press charges or can they just unilaterally do that?

Victims would need to file with the cops and the DA is going to want a boatload more evidence than what Buzzbe claims to have.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

In case you think his trade market has taken a hit.

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1372951462100238342

Broncos
Panthers
Jets
Dolphins

Wonder if the offers have come down. Trading for Finley makes it sound like they're finally ready to move or that they're betting on suspension. Not saying Finley is good but it's an odd move to make for a guy who was just about to hit FA.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Trying to create a bidding war now crosses off the "Texans were involved/knew" outlier. There's cutting off the nose to spite the face but you have to commit to cutting it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ostentatious posted:

The raiders would never draft a sexual abuser they only draft bad players and that’s why I love them

Didn't Gareon Conley end up checking both of those boxes?

There was something recently about the Browns maybe bringing him in lol