Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

There's also graphics card spawn in the IDEA offices.

While everyone else is (presumably) been having fun pre-wipe blowing all their money on chad PVP, I spent my 2 million rubles on a thermal headset and have been running around the maps looking for loot spawns I've overlooked with the loose item super-vision it gives you (which is how I discovered that gcard spawn exists...). The only other real hidden gem I've found so far is the construction zone next to Sara on second-story Interchange spawns a bunch of really decent tech loot, further confirming that the southwest corner is the only part of the second floor that matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sum
Nov 15, 2010

deadseedinside posted:

not sure what the vertical part affects when you're just sprinting for the gold. Looting stashes is profitable but a slower (and significantly more boring way to make bank). Shoreline is easily best money map, but that really only shines once you get some keys on you. Even just for straight loot running, the interchange garage is a non-stop 10min runthrough that will consistently net you 500k per raid and often more.

What's your route for Interchange garages? I almost always just stay out of them.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I've only been playing seriously for like a month now but to add to the things I wish I knew 30 days ago: if you're playing solo and running everywhere (*unless you're a hundred percent sure you can beat everyone else due to your spawn) you will die a lot. Play slow. Be quiet. If you're not 100% sure you have a serious advantage in an engagement, don't get involved. Make sure that running away is always an option, and don't be afraid to do it. Think of it like you're playing Metal Gear Solid.

Also,

- do the quests and kill scavs (when safe). You level way faster and getting the flea market is super important.
- Insure your poo poo. You get it back most of the time. You'll eventually have a rotating selection of guns and gear and you'll never have to do scav runs again.
- Don't get into spray battles with scavs. They're accurate enough to mess your poo poo up.
- Most players are inpatient. If you're cornered and mutually zugzwanged you usually only need to wait a minute or less for them to make a stupid push.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I was running the Woods Jager quest where you gotta kill 3 scavs without healing, creeping around sunken village at night because I was solo. I spotted a scav out in the open just squatting by the boat house. Easy headshot. Then one of his friends poked his head out of a bush 10 meters in front of me. Another easy headshot. I realized I had run into cultists and decided I should hightail it. Then 2 seconds later I was shot by 3 different scavs aimbotting me through thick brush with suppressed guns, penning my level 4 armor with BP ammo and killing me. Great mechanic BSG really adds a lot to the game.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

They really ought to add more quests for Reserve. Imo it's one of the best maps and I don't think I've run it once with goons because there's no reason to go there.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Wow it turns out adding the military-designed weapons literally designed to be effective against armored personnel at short/short-intermediate ranges has broken the meta of our game where 90% of fights happen at 50 meters or less. Who would have guessed.

Also I've come up with a stash/loot run of Woods that has pretty much removed the challenge of the game. I'm extracting ~90% of the time averaging like 700k rubles a run. I'm running around with thermals and class 6 armor just for giggles now.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

I have a hard time believing there's a route, let alone a loot route through woods with a 90% survival unless you're winning 70% of the fights you get into with other players

I do it as a scav. Even with the earlier spawns most players die/sprint towards lumberyard within the first 5 minutes. I will admit I've done it a couple times with my PMC and stopped because I was dying off spawn too often.

I've made a general outline below of how I generally run it depending on the spawn. If you spawn in the middle obviously you just run the branch in the direction of your extract, and similarly if your extract is bunker or bridge you just get off the route at the appropriate time. I think the major keys are to stay the gently caress away from the lumberyard and the bridge village and also really just to avoid old Woods in general. Also learn the exact locations of the caches obviously.

Probably as players learn the expansion it will be less lucrative (due to running into groups in new Woods etc.) but at the moment it works extremely well. Only major downside currently is that it tends to take awhile, often 20-30 minutes. Maybe I could do a group goon scav run or something idk.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

The Vector is fun if you're not the one getting death rayed by it, especially since the RPM is so high the time to kill is often smaller than your ping. If they bumped the vertical recoil to higher than two or whatever it is and maybe increased the erg penalty for the larger mags it'd be fine.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

hakimashou posted:

A better way to do it is the way they used to do it, 'find in raid' enchantment didnt exist and wasn't needed for the quests.

I can begrudgingly accept the logic of attaching some enchantment to flea market sales, but for the quests it is disgusting and tedious.

Most of the quests in the game would just turn into "earn money" in that case. I think the real problem is that the most quests are arbitrary hoops you have to jump through that don't enrich the game play. They badly need to overhaul them.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I accidentally deployed without taking off a storage backpack and hosed up the found-in-raid enchantment of an M4 I had been saving for Punisher. What are some good places to farm them? I found the old one just randomly in a cache and I'm not banking on that happening again.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Did... they add proximity voice chat or am I going insane? I heard someone mumble something about seeing "a BEAR or something over there" from behind me on Customs, I turned around and lo and behold I found a hatchling who I immediately sprayed down. It sounded exactly like someone making a callout over discord and I heard him say a few more things before I found him. Either that or it's an oddly specific voice line or some weird rare bug. Or maybe I have a gas leak in my house. I'm seriously bugging about this.

FileNotFound posted:

There are several given as quest rewards that are FIR.

But I wouldn't worry - because the Punisher Part 4 rewards one, and you turn it in at Punisher Part 5....
Oh, duh. Well that's convenient.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

It definitely did not sound like an in-game line, it was a guy doing like the fey gamer callout voice and I'm pretty sure he said "I thought I saw a BEAR over there" and then "He was on metal" like 5 seconds later. I wasn't really paying attention that well to exactly what he was saying but it sounded exactly like hearing one side of a Discord call, so much so that my initial reaction was that my Discord had somehow accidentally joined a room. Also I was wearing a Korund and had just sprinted over a downed fence.

Reddit seems to think that I'm a ~lying karmawhore~ but my best guess is that that guy had somehow enabled a prox voice chat feature that they had developed but have had on ice. I sent the guy I killed a friend invite, I'll try to get his side of it.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Do BEARs and USECs have the same mumbles? Like if they did I might be able to gaslight myself into thinking I just got confused

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Played my first raid in awhile and died to a Shturman minion sprinting around the silver shed, spotting me with his peripheral vision 50 meters through a bush at night, and shooting me 3 times in the torso with 7.62x51 before I could even scope in. It's like Nikita wants me to uninstall.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Probably a minority opinion but I think if it won't drive you broke the Altyn w/ mask is 100% worth it. It'll set you back a few hundred K but it's much more likely to save your life than most other helmets and if it gives you even one extra extract it'll have paid for itself.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I'm on that Peacekeeper quest where you have to get a whole bunch of stims in raid and holy poo poo Labs just loving kicks you in the teeth over and over if you're trying to learn it. I have zero gear fear but losing 800k rubles in keycards and gear because some shithead TTV guy with 4 viewers is camping a corner 3 raids in a row loving sucks rear end. Plus the found in raid rules make it so if you can't extract you're just absolutely hemorrhaging money. It sucks because I'm finding that I'm actually having a lot of fun playing the map, I wish they'd lower the cost of the keys so that players besides poopsockers can actually afford to play the loving thing.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I don't see why BSG doesn't make one BTC a static 200k or something. As someone with a 20 card bitcoin farm this wipe it sucks that this dumb gimmick is determining the entire metagame.

e: Also did they buff stashes or something? I just got out of my third 1M+ Woods run in a row

sum fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 21, 2021

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

New ammo for the 7.62x39? Nice. Hope it is not useless.

Dollars to donuts it's going to be a selection of lovely low pen highish damage rounds that will only dilute the loot table

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I really want to know what the hell BSG is doing with Labs, they might as well just remove it from the game for solo queuers at this point. It costs like half a million to get in if you're not quick to Therapist which makes it only worth it for squads and level 50 TTV psychos. I guess they're just expecting new players to invest 8 figures getting their rear end kicked over and over until they learn the map well enough to make a profit on it?

sum
Nov 15, 2010

ShowTime posted:

Labs is the end game dungeon of Tarkov. You don't go in there unless the 500k ticket price is nothing to you. I'm only going into labs with a group or after i've played it enough times I have every aspect of it memorized.

You can offline queue, unless somethings changed. It doesn't eat the card up or anything.

I'm aware. I think a high cost to entry makes sense for such a loot-dense map. But even if you had an extract rate of 50% (not likely if you're learning the map!), if you're spending 500k on the key each time plus another 300k or so on gear, you'd need to be walking out with 1.3 million rubles worth of poo poo on average just to break even. I don't think that's really realistic for any but the Chaddest of solo players.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Cage Kicker posted:

also Reserve

And Lighthouse!

Tarkov's absurdly detailed maps are one of the best things about it, BSG can take as long as they drat please imo

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Cage Kicker posted:

Lighthouse hasn't even been released yet? We were listing the maps that have been expanded

It's supposed to come out in 12.11, before Streets

e:

ShowTime posted:

The nuclear plant will be cool. Especially if you gradually take radiation poisoning and die if you are on the map too long. There are even medicines that reduce radiation in game, iirc.

The AI-2 IRL has radioactivity exposure meds. It'd be a fun gimmick if it was the meta at the power plant

sum fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 28, 2021

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I think mentioning the other map that BSG are about to release is fair thing to put on the pile of "things the BSG mappers have been doing that have made the development of Streets take awhile"

sum
Nov 15, 2010

There should be an end game, as in a literal end of the game that wipes your character and starts you over. Like once you finish the hideout and a few "main" quests you need to buy some consumable for a million rubles and plant it at Labs or something, and once you do that you Escape From Tarkov TM and prestige.

Also this is ancillary but I think reworking the ammo and armor system to be harder/more ~realistic~ might ironically lead to less gear fear and less of an advantage for chads. I think the hitpoint system is sort of a necessary compromise (you don't want to give ambushers too much of an advantage) but it's silly that you can get shot 7 times point blank by an assault rifle and have literally no lasting consequences besides wearing down armor and using up medkits. Getting shot at should always be scary.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Does anyone know why the price of the Walker XCEL digital headset crashed? Did Pestily give them an F in a tierlist video or something?

sum
Nov 15, 2010

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the MP-153 with 8.5mm buckshot. The shells are cheap (basically free if you have Jaeger 2) and a single buckshot will head-eyes instantly. You can technically two shot to the legs as well if you run into someone wearing a face shield. Running stock it's like 25 or 30k (you definitely want an extended mag though), but a lot of people throw up scav weapons with all the mods still attached onto the flea. Works extremely well on Factory as you would probably imagine.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

There's no way the Barricade one shots to the leg unless it's bugged. It does 192 damage and even with the "2 hits" bug that's less than 440.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I've said it before but if you learn all the stashes new Woods has an insane loot:risk ratio. I've got a route that hits ten stashes and USEC camp in about 15 minutes and I rarely run into PMCs. I've been consistently making over a million per run and running out overweight with a full Pilgrim and Azimut

sum
Nov 15, 2010

ShowTime posted:

Another thing i'd like to work on, apart from the "weapons on Reserve" map is the "items you didn't think were worth poo poo but can make you a millionaire" series. Basically, it's about the odd items that don't stand out but can make tons of roubles for those with a keen eye. I'd like to start out with the "additional armor for the Bastion helmet" item, which, at first glance is some weird looking choker, but is honestly one of the most profitable items you can find in a raid. It takes up 2 slots, weighs about a kilogram but sells on the flea market for 220K. If you ever find it, you should disregard any medical supplies, ammo, etc, and make sure you extract with it.

Other items in this series would include the water filter, another 2 slot item, that sells for 140k and a basic box of matches, which sell for 25k. The items that discretely make millionaires. Items that you overlook, but shouldn't. These can be anything from weapon mods that really just apply to other weapon mods and the barter items that trade up for S-Tier armor.

Lets get a list going of the items most people don't look out for, but those with a sense for making money discretely look out for.

Edit: this list should be about the items 95% of the playerbase ignores in a raid but you and I should look out for. The items that get passed over but if people knew better, would never get left behind.

A lot of the suppressor adapters are very expensive, often more than the actual suppressors themselves, mostly because almost no one picks them up I think. The better compensators can also go for a lot (especially 5.56 compatible ones) but to be honest it's hard to remember which ones are the good ones. Augmentin and AFAKs go for 30k+ and hemostats are up to 15k. Any 5.45, 5.56 or 9mm extended mag that's only 2 slots usually goes for a shitload. All the compact collimators are worth picking up, but especially the RMR, the Leupold and the PK-06. The Multi-hit shield for the OPSCORE helmet is like 300k, and the Chops go for like 200k. Most of the 40x46 grenades are worth a ton except for the green ones. Those are just the things off the top of my head.

To be honest I usually just keep Tarkov-Market open in Firefox and if something looks valuable I'll switch over and see its value.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Sort of the reverse but also something people usually do loot but probably shouldn't are like 95% of the guns you find. They typically just make you overweight and usually sell for under 30k. Just rip off any decent mods and use the extra stamina to loot faster.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

hakimashou posted:

if you can find and get around the mines theres all kinds of insane loot that spawns at the base of the wall behind the minefield, ledx and graphics cards and all the streamer items

Where is this exactly?

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I don't understand why people are so negative towards proximity chat. There's massive incentives for killing other players and not giving your position away so I doubt there'll be epic memelords blasting hard bass in every lobby or whatever

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I hadn't thought of Tarkov in probably 3 months but last night I had a dream that they had a wipe and added a Yeti to Woods and lo and behold,

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I will be doing zero quests for the next week and instead be running stashes until I have sold enough tape and bolts to become God

sum
Nov 15, 2010

ShowTime posted:

Level 20 now for flea market.

I swear to God Nikita's dream game is one where no one wants to play it

sum
Nov 15, 2010

The solution to making late-wipe raids fun is to severely nerf high tier equipment, not making toilet paper artificially valuable. There's not a single helmet IRL that will stop a full-power rifle round and it should be the same in Tarkov. Also, all those fancy attachments on real guns aren't installed from the factory for a reason. If you could be airholed running around in a million rubles of equipment by a dipshit running a 20000 ruble shotgun with hunting slugs then late game remains interesting for everyone.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

That's a good point it's good that the player count smashes into a brick wall once everyone collectively reaches the part of the game that Nikita ideally thinks Tarkov should be like all the time. You're right. I take it back. The problem is that the meta-game isn't tedious enough.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Stux posted:

i run pp-19s even when ppl are full sweat sounds lik youre just not very good.

I run whatever I want to run because I'm one of the players with more money than I know what to do with. It sounds like you think I have the opposite problem with Tarkov that I do

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Stux posted:

stay mad. one day u will learn the power of aim.

I'm talking about the metagame. That's the part of the game where there's menus and stuff. I'm not talking about the part of the game where you're walking around with the angry gun man looking for empty tin cans. I really hope you're just an extremely grating drunk and you're not this loving stupid all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Stux posted:

cry more.

If you post a photo of a doctor's note saying you have a functional liver I'll let you have my Tarkov account. loving weird angry loser. Pathetic.