Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Game what the gently caress. I went to Customs as scav to learn places. I shoot some scav assholes, two at least are clearly players. End result: I fix myself on top of a railroad next to a body. Lost 4 limbs and stuff. One guy had a lab card and I thought welp I'm not crawling alive to exit with this "vision" (everything was a bloody mess) so I ditched the card to a bush.

Of course I crawled to the exit. It took ages and I killed one scav which ran right to my drum mag AK... I always kill people running straight towards me. Maybe he tought I was a NPC scav since I was moving sooo loving slowly. RIP him.

Question is, why I always survive when the odds seem to be lowest? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Why would you ditch the card? Just some weird "if I can't get out with it I'm gonna make sure nobody else does either" thing?

Yes of course. I was 100% sure I am not getting out alive. There was no chance to stay alive. There was no point keeping the card, why would I want to donate it to someone else?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

16-1 status so far on pmc runs. Life is rough. I hate to see the moment free after raid heals stop. Rip..

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I have learned about 4 things in woods:
- invisible mines
- invisible booby trapped bodies
- invisible turrets shooting at you if you go too near a red crosshair sign
- invisible turrets which shoot you if you try to cross a bridge in wrong place

I have to say that I liked the regular rear end walls a lot more.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Delivery from the past was a breeze. Getting the docs from Customs is nothing. Never seen any action inside Paradigm warehouse.

For Factory I boguht Redut, Maska and flashlight. At least I won't hopefully get oneshot... Well I did a few training runs offline to get used to the Maska's viewport. Yes I went to night raid, because that way Maska is not a problem since everything is black anyways.

In live game I got a dream spawn close by, just ran there, plant (hear gunsounds in distance), exit. Probably the easiest mission I've done in Tarkov this wipe. Least effort, smoothest sailing.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

DrPop posted:

This is the least believable part of this post.

I've been there a couple of times afterwards and only shot one scav. Good loot too...

I did some practice runs offline, and have always a map on 2nd monitor. That way it is a lot quicker to do what you want if you have to do some specific quests.

Of course that means that people who didn't google exact locations and/or have them on another display are in a really bad place. Personally I feel like doing offline excercises helps a lot. It is free and you don't lose anything.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I hated 1-10 this wipe too. I lost everything and my survival ratio was under 10% and it took like 60 raids. Now I'm soon 15 and get lvl2 traders. Money has been rolling in quite well. I realized that a mag of 5.45 BS or Igolnik is only 30000rub with the mag, and a fistful of bolts sells for double that.

I use AK-74N with okp-7. It has a dovetail mount and is cheaper overall than the 25k bastion covers or whatever from flea. Also 5.45 ammo is cheap compared to 5.56

So I've been doing Pilgrim runs to the eastern Woods village with 50000rub in my butt pocket to avoid running back to outskirts.. and forgetting to add money to my butt. Thr eastern village has 3000rub car extract literally next to it.

There's sometimes one or two players there, and pscavs too. Sometimes no one. Lots of expensive mats all around, one run had 2 corrugated hoses in the backyard...

With Comtacs it is reasonably easy to avoid getting completely surprised. I started using headphones too after looting some and realizing "holy poo poo I can hear that dude moving from sooo far away".

Pilgrim costs under 1 fistful of bolts and you can fit so much poo poo into a pilgrim...

---

Customs sometimes is really hard. I lost 3 gas analyzers yesterday. Sometimes you get some really sweet loot. Hardest part is surviving the first 5-10mins, after that I quite rarely die anymore.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 4, 2021

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

It really sucks there is so few scavs now. Want to kill 25 in interchange? Have fun hiding somewhere and doing chores/watching TV and come back in 20-30mins. Great loving game design guys.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Varied terrain to fight in? Its got good loot? In fact I think there is some loot (military junk, like the AESA arrays) that is almost impossible to get outside of Reserve.

Tank batteries. Saw one guy exfil with 3 one day. Of course it's quite a chore to transport them to exit.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Maybe people don't realize it can't be used for the Jäger quest because they must be FIR. And if you buy stuff from flea it is not FIR. I'd simply assume people are dumb.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Night customs is pretty fun. The skier ll2 night viz goggles are pretty good. It's like going with Altyn vision wise. Just hit safes in dorms... Exfil with car. Not as much contest as in daytime. Night scavving works too, customs isn't too dark of a map at night. You can actually see around.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Around 1:06 or 1:07 DrLupo cleaned the Customs new gas station from boss and his goons..

He was putting some new rounds to a mag in a corner when some guy starts to throw nades at him, shoot etc. Clearly nothing suspicious at all! DrLupo goes out to have a look, instant head,eyes. Yessiir no hackes here. Not in this game.

https://twitch.tv/videos/867979877

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I think drlupo is a pretty chill streamer. He does mostly good plays and doesn't run stupidly expensive gear either. He did some night raids with ump, mosin and lvl4 armor.

His bank went from 10M to 20M last weekend so it's not like he's bleeding dry due to all the deaths..

He didn't have drops enabled during christmas event either.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

What on earth :D This game is years old. And uhh a patch released a few weeks ago. I'd thought about giving it a try, but got a 35k deep queue? :D RIP. Something happened I guess.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Maybe tomorrow then... new try.. Heh, on Friday, what I am imagining, no queue on Friday? Welp.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Welp seems labs card prices have gone down. Played a scav game and found a lab card from my pocket. Thought to exfil, and found someone shooting at scavs in Old Gas. Thought he was a player and I wasted him. Of course he was a scav. Why would scavs shoot other scavs?!

I took a -0.1 rep hit from Fence. Seems this will take some time to unfuck. How do you guys know if the guy shooting around is a scav or PMC? I have no idea it's just a brown-gray smudge of tiny loving pixels on my screen.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Mellow_ posted:

Also clothing.

PMCs will generally be wearing more military looking uniforms instead of clothing (not always the case, BEARs have plaid shirt for example).

Scavs always look the same tho, look for blue pants, lovely bright civilian jackets, civilian camo hunting jackets, people wearing dumb hats, etc.

Also if you shoot near them and they yell a voice line or run into the distance in a straight line forever, you've found a scav.

Problem was figuring out pscav vs ai scav. I thought it was a pmc because it was murdering the ai Scavs at Old Gas but I guess some pscavs are just loving dumb. Well at least he had good loot for the karma hit...

Customs feels quite merficul these days. I found 2 airframes and a 60 round AK mag and stuff. I'll crank up the colors & saturation and start looking harder at the character's clothing in future.

Maybe I could shout at them via VOIP and ask wtf they are doing :D

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Again got -0.1 because some rear end in a top hat tried to waste me with SV-90. How am I supposed to avoid the rep hit, just run away? He shot at my direction like 2-3 times but because he had no sights he sucked and didn't hit. If he hit me I could have died from the first bullet so I shot back and killed him.

How the gently caress do I avoid the scav rep penalty in situations like that? :v: I saw he was clearly a pscav, I thought shooting at me counts, and I'd have licence to kill after that, but no... what the everloving gently caress you are supposed to do when some guy comes at you guns blazing? :D Do I really have to take the first hit? :D

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I just try to avoid pscavs. If they look like pscavs, especially if they try to shoot at me, they're dead. Haven't gotten killed by a pscav... yet. I'd rather take the karma hit than get wasted by someone shooting at me.

What I don't like is my stupid deaths at Old Gas. I cause a ruckus and then stick around. Some guy with a silencer comes to kill me. I should bail instantly or set up an ambush for the silencer guys.

Ambushes sometimes work. I was walking on a forest downhill, and heard some guy running towards me. I went prone and killed him while he was running uphill. There's nothing he could have done :D For whatever reason I seem to be able to spot enemies quite well now. Maybe it's because I put luma & adaptive sharpen to 50% and saturation to like 80 and color to 50, and added some filter which added blue tint to shadows. 15 brightness. Game visibility is overall really good now and I don't feel like I'm struggling anymore.

I now clearly die because I'm so stupid. I've went after my death to offline mode to check where the enemy most likely was, and saw just how exposed I've been where I died. Unbelievably stupid mistakes :D

---------

Anyways, how do you deal with deadlocks? Like you know some guy is somewhere and you wait and the guy waits. No one wants to make a move. How do you unfuck that without dying, just run away?

---------

Anyways anyways I realized I should just sell the poo poo I bring from raids, to traders. My inventory is full and I can't offload the stuff to flea market yet. I guess I can find out more stuff later when I need. I don't need to store everything indefinitely before even needing the stuff. Now I'm rich, I sold all the excess junk.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jan 10, 2022

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

How much a good CPU would help with this game? I have a meltdown-nerfed 8700K with 32GB of DDR3600 CL15 ram, and the game feels chuggy on a RTX 3080 at 1440p. Fps is around 50-60 often on maps. Looking at GPU usage it is most of the time at like 70% or something.

What would be a good CPU for Tarkov, for maximum framezz?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Pigbottom posted:

I have no idea about this specific game, but from my experience with multiplayer games and specially games that have to track and predict accurately player movement are heavily influenced by cpu power.

12700K with Prime Z690P D4 motherboard would be 680€. I could use my old RAM. Hmm. Not too bad. 8700K feels __really__ old now with the 3080. DDR5 solutions do not basically exist (no one has DDR5 ram in stock).

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

What I don't understand is that why the game has so many more sights on lvl1 traders? I can buy sights for all kinds of things at lvl1, and they cost basically nothing! I don't understand. I don't actually have to use ironsights at all anymore if I don't want to?! ?!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I too found about the bush in Shoreline's radar station. You can jump in but you can't jump out. Great. Absolutely awesome.

gently caress.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Huh, the Gornostay rifle is not too bad either. You can directly mount those 25mm rings and that lovely scope, some mags and .366 FMJ for like 30k roubles. It kills scavs with 1 shot and players who have lvl2 chest armor... nice. It feels quite usable :o You can buy a silencer from Skier too.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Yes but it requires lvl2 workbench. Mine is currently lvl0 still :v:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

I guess you don't have access to flea yet either, then! They're pretty expensive per bullet, but if you carry a couple of mags and keep the rest in your butt, it's not so bad!

The sks with PS ammo is a good budget alternative pre-flea that doesn't need a lot of effort to punch way above its weight

Seems the .366 EKO works enough too. I mean I haven't died it with it yet for something else than my stupidity. Like looting some box out in the open and someone domes me while looting.

I went to woods to do that convoy/usec location poo poo. With the VPO-209 and some EKO.

USEC was quiet but there was someone at the convoy. I took a few potshots at him and he went prone. Or so I thought. I circled around the area very fuckign carefully and realized he didn't go prone, he died to my bullets!

I didn't even know what most of the stuff he had was! I had to examine nearly everything. Cool. He had so much stuff I decided it was enough. I threw my VPO to a bush to lighten the load a bit, I'll get it back later.

I have to say that the VUDU 1-6x is a lot nicer than the garbage lvl1 vendors sell... I gueses I'm going to continue using .366 for now :D I'm soon level 6! It took ages to walk out with all that stuff. I didn't go loot anything else since I decided whatever he had was enough loot for me.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I guess I'll try to do gunsmith lvl1. It gives 20 rounds of .366 AP :v: I don't really know how to get any kind of decent ammo before some levels and flea market.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

What.

" 23x75 mm R "Barrikada" ("Barricade") cartridge with solid steel projectile able to destroy the engine block of a car at up to 100 meters."

:henget:

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I mostly walk around. I seem to find quite a few PMC's, and usually scavs notice me easier than PMC's. I seem to die a lot less, altough walking around is so slow :(

Running while playing solo feels really dangerous, unless you are out in the open field.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Okay everynyan, will someone tell me how I hosed up here? Including the lack of armour damage and missing trizip on the pmc corpse model after he goes down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmujNUGnXPI

Private video.

So the .366 AP-M is like the old school LPS Gzh. One taps to chest up to level 4 armor. 42 pen 90 dmg while thorax has 85hp. Nice. Now I need to get access to that...

Anyways how do you get your VPO-209's? I only found them from scavs and I have to trade 2 damaged ones for 1 working one in trader. It's kind of inefficient... should I just run the damaged VPO's I find instead of repairing them to 100% with trader?

Edit: the game has .338 Lapua Magnum too? :aaa: MK-18 marksman rifle uses it.. wow.. why I haven't heard about it earlier. Now I want some of that, sweet. 115dmg 79 pen with the AP round :asoiaf:

Edit2: hopefully they implement DLDSR (Deep Learning Dynamic Super Resolution) soon too. With my 8700K GPU usage is only around 40-45%. If I put it to 2x scaling it scales 1440p to 5210x2880 which is 15mpix, nearly 2x heavier than 4k! I wish there was some method to get the game to render at 4K and then downscale, to produce a sharper image. DLDSR apparently makes it a reality, but the game doesn't support it yet.

Even a built-in1.5x upscale multi would be better than 2x. 2x is so goddamn heavy. They have a million downscaling settings but only 2x as upscaling.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jan 17, 2022

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

That sucks. I did the same on Shoreline. Was 0,x seconds late with my scav full of loot. No mercy, instantly got abandoned and didn't get anything. Even under 1 second seems to matter these days. Don't be late or you will get hosed.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I got the Dynamic super resolution figured out I think. I have a 2560x1440 rez monitor but the game doesn't render very nicely at 2560x1440. So it was in general 3D settings I was able to turn on some DSR - Factors setting. Now it's 2,25x and it makes a 3840x2160 resolution available in game. I have no idea how this poo poo works but it looks better. Clearer, less jagged edges, less haloing around edges etc.

I have to try out the different settings which looks best. My GPU has so much extra power currently that I could turn on "traditional" DSR resolutions instead of the DLDSR settings.

Maybe I am just imagining things! https://hakkarainen.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Games/tarkov/dldsr/

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 17, 2022

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

gently caress. gently caress. gently caress. WHY DO I HAVE TO LEAVE THINGS TOO LATE AS A SCAV

gently caress. Again missed exfil by like 20s in shoreline. AGAIN. gently caress. gently caress. I am so loving bad at this. "yes i have time to loot this one more stash" gently caress NO gently caress

Perfectly good runs with great loot and THEN I WHIFF IT by being too late.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Seems my fence rep is not improving. I spawned with goshan and factory keys, found all kinds of poo poo. It was 2 mins to raid end and I had no time to gently caress around, when some dude rushes in to the drug house at Customs. I was looting a body and I heard him coming so I had time to turn towards the door and blast the poo poo out of whoever gently caress was coming in.

It was a friendly scav, full of loot :< RIP him I guess, and my fence rep. I guess it will end up in minus one million during this wipe. Why they can't announce it like "friendly scav incoming" like Shroud does? I'm on the ragged edge with the loot afer a couple of failed exfils and stupid deaths. And they just come running in like that, leaving me no time to do anything else but shoot to protect my lootz :( I guess I had at least 500k worth of stuff with me. Thermite, powerbank, smoke, thermometer etc etc.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 18, 2022

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Gazaar posted:

Maybe you should've announced if you're such a friendly scav also.

But what if it is a pmc and I lose my surprise moment? How can I know? The only logical choice was to get the best advantage and shoot first, ask later.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Yay finally, can we get .338 AWM too while at it too? The game needs a .338 bolt-action!

warsow posted:

If you are worried about losing rep, just don’t shoot first?

I am worried about rep, but I am more worried about my loot :(

Gazaar posted:

A PMC at 2 minutes left storming in to attack a scav?

How can he know if anyone is inside? Maybe he assumed it was empty, who would sit inside at 2mins? :D

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I will try to next time remember to shout that who the gently caress is incoming before blasting their rear end. Maybe the PMC's don't want to murder me instantly either? A weird thought, after having been conditioned for years that they're all out there to kill you.

Anyways, I guess I need to buy an another junkbox. I got to lvl8 yesterday and one ia full already :(

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

With RTX 3080 my gpu usage was like 40-45%. FPS was around 50-60, 8700K. Upgraded to 12700K and now FPS is 90-100fps. GPU usage is maybe 70-80%? I have to look at the CPU & memory settings and see if I can eke out more performance. But clearly Tarkov is very CPU limited.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I died twice a day ago and I got all of my insured stuff back. Nice. First some scac sniped me at customs, two tapped thorax nearly instantly. Players are never that good at shooting. Another time a player killed me in Customs but I got to keep everything too. Who knows. Maybe he bled out and died after our combat too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I was in one of the warehouses in Customs. Upstairs with a window to the large yard to east, with the Unknown key hut. On the eastern side of the map. I had seen a scav there before and I wanted to look at if I could spot him and snipe with my 4x scope. Well he saw me first and 2 tapped me before I had time to react or do anything. I died upstairs in the office room.

2nd time I died to a player in some bush, we had kind of a long firefight and he kept following me around Customs and I tried to shoot him (with my 4x loving scope again). 4x is too long for Customs, really. Well I kind of learned my lesson since I died twice with the 4x - but kind of not, since I got all of my stuff back both times........

Anyways, now Tarkov feels really enjoyable when it runs smooth. I use the 2.25X Nvidia DLDSR resolution so the game renders at pseudo-3840x2160 and downscales to 2560x1440px. 90-100fps and GPU usage around 80-90%. I'll have to figure out if I can somehow still increase the fps and get GPU usage to 100%.