Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

The majority are in England right? Scottish, Welsh and Northen Irish deaths seem to account for less individually but might be proportional

Speaking with people they're shocked at how England is essentially a plague land full of misery

Just an awful country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

literally the post above yours:

but nooooo it's just England that's infecting everyone, the noble Scots are pure and bold :jerkbag:

Are you alright?

Is it my fault other people in this abortion of a union look at what's happening in England aghast?

You're a disengenuous liar

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 6, 2021

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Per-capita infections, and deaths, correlate with population density in/on Great Britain, differences between the nations are within the margin of error once you account for the time lag of infections moving out from the cities.

NI is its own thing and for a while it looked like the Republic had them beat but then it turned out the Republic were fiddling their numbers.

It wouldn't shock me if the Scottish death toll is higher at this point then the snp are willing to publicly acknowledge

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

keep punching joe posted:

People in Scotland are selfish cunts too, last month we had people travelling from Glasgow to my town en masse as we were Tier 2 and still had pubs open.

Everyone should stay the gently caress indoors.

The same happened in the lothians tbh

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

feedmegin posted:

This is an extremely lovely post, mate. People are dying by the tens of thousands and you're using it for your bashing-the-English schtick?

No.

Not really

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

a minor disagreement

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Oh wait that's who that is? I thought it was just a really poorly-worded post thinking out loud about the effect of devolved powers, not the "Every single person on this side of the imaginary line is superior to every single person on the other side of the imaginary line" person.

(People really need to stop changing avs, I almost never remember usernames)

What else could explain the disparity? Why is England getting hit the hardest in terms of total deaths? Don't get me wrong there's plenty of idiots in Scotland who are acting like we're not living through the literal plague and seem to think this will blow over this year (2021 is pretty much a write off tbh even with a vaccine)

I don't know if it's the positioning of the various devolved governments even if their response is functionally the same

At this point there's nothing more we can do but hope we don't catch it, if we haven't already

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 6, 2021

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Comrade Fakename posted:

You’re like three posts away from praising your superior Caledonian genes.

Anyone can be Scottish my friend

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Can't believe how quickly US police learned lessons from BLM and the peaceful way they have handled this protest.

And people say white privilege doesn't exist lol

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

sassassin posted:

That sounds like a threat.

Come over here and....

...Have a decent time

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

:iiam:

I'll be honest if you actually *do* believe nations are unitary organisms then it would explain quite a lot of your apparent worldview.

So is Scotland the head or maybe the shoulders of the uk? What about the left elbow

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

kingturnip posted:

Ash Crimson is a loving idiot. Just ignore and move on

I've been very polite to you today, so please remember that fact

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Have you got a carbon monoxide detector in your house? Have you checked the batteries in it lately?

What have I done or said to deserve your ire?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

This isn't ire, this is genuine concern for someone apparently unable to grasp the concept of "per capita".

I consider myself barely sentient plus statistics isn't something I've ever researched or learnt about

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

crispix posted:

is everyone excited for clap-clap time??????????????

Time for tubby clap clap

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Not So Fast posted:

Scottish Police acting like a bunch of absolute cunts forcing their way into someone's home here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveLawsReport/status/1347215530244108288

its a very frenetic, chaotic situation and through that lens you can begin to understand the particulars of this event

edit:

there's a longer video of it on youtube

absolutely bizarre stuff from the polis

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 7, 2021

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

I think Ash is probably reeling having just seen a problem which they're unable to blame on the perfidious English

That's a good one I like that, very impactful!

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

Why not do what I do, and just blame the rich.

And the 52% that keep believing them.

I believe independence is only a temporary solution but is the only way for any sort of possibility for leftward change, yes it abandons everyone else but I don't know how feasible it is to continue to wait for the country as a whole to suck less

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Saros posted:

The cases for the vaccine recipients basically flatline after about 12 days (2nd dose around 21) so there's evidence it works. However we can't be sure because it wasn't tested as a single dose.

It's probably fine but it's not something you'd do unless you were desperate, which to be honest we are.

i feel like this pandemic combined with brexit might bring forth enough changes to potentially end the british state as we currently understand it, not even functioning in northern ireland

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

crispix posted:

maybe they didn't take offence at anything and are just generally being hostile

i sometimes feel like this thread doesn't like me, thats the vibe i get

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Jakabite posted:

*sticks up middle finger* Up yours, JERKWAD!!!

But i mean genuinely, like it's pretty depressing

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol, do people post things like this to you?

They post worse things than telling you that your takes suck rear end hth

Insinuating that I'm some kind of ethnonationalist even though I don't believe there's a racial component to being scottish and that anyone can be and can adopt the nationality

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

It's pretty obvious their point is more to the tune of "most of the current politicians, journalists and property owners are from the same one or two schools and that kind of advantage is seriously hard to dislodge, so Scotland shouldn't sacrifice itself to try to save England, especially as most of the English have been brainwashed to accept abominations unto man like inherited wealth and inherited titles and would fight against anyone helping them".

Like I don't know man; if people think England is ever going to give up its toxic relationship with its aristocracy and the ghouls that are literally eating society from the inside out I don't know what to say.

Sometime it does feel like crab mentality; annoyance that Scotland could possibly escape from this poo poo house of a union and I get it functionally means abandoning the english, northern irish and the welsh but it's not my fault or on me to untangle centuries of pure deference to people who fetishise the rich and powerful.

People like me who advocate for jettisoning england in particular aren't the cause of what's happening; we exist as a symptom of a malaise that has been left to get worse; nationalism, specifically English nationalism.

This is where we are and there's no point in trying to save the union as a whole when it condemns entire sections of society to needless pain and strife

There is no other path forward that doesn't rely on expecting the already marginalised to suffer what they must until leftist ideals are a majority held opinion in a land that seems to reflexively attack anything even remotely resembling a blurred facsimile of it.

How much longer do others have to wait for England to get its poo poo together?

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 9, 2021

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

ItohRespectArmy posted:

they're right to, OP.

Care to expand?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

So nothing concrete; got you.

Thanks for answering, really appreciate your constructive criticism and feedback

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

ItohRespectArmy posted:

vibes are the only real thing in the world.

I actually would have appreciated some constructive feedback rather than this shrugging of the shoulders and gesturing vaguely to this concept of bad "vibes".

I already struggle with social interaction because of my Aspergers and anxiety as it is

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Borrovan posted:

You have a massive history of blaming the English as a collective whole for all of the UK's problems, when there are plenty of good English people and plenty of lovely Scottish people. Stop doing that, and people will stop calling you on how loving lovely a worldview that is.

I don't want to, why does that make me responsible for what rich people do

See this really pisses me off because on other countries in the UK have been marginalised and sidelined for decades, often at the expense of those living on them but me apparently openly voicing my vocal discontent with this long standing status quo, as well as for the historical fact that England continuously votes for increasingly conservative governments Is akin to me believing that every scottish person is good and incapable of evil whilst every english person is somehow intrinsically predisposed to being an absolute dickhead

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I think it is the part where you keep saying that it's "the english" who are like that.

What nationality in this union holds the vast majority of power and can effectively decide who does and does not govern? It's not the welsh it's not the Scottish it's not the cornish or the Irish, it's not the Manx or people living in Gibraltar etc

It's valid to get annoyed at me for focusing on the English, you would prefer if I used kinder words in describing my antipathy for the situation we collectively find ourselves in?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I would prefer it if you would pick either "the english are inherently poo poo" or "I don't like you accusing me of saying that the english are inherently poo poo" rather than trying to have both of them. That would be the most immediate improvement I can think of at the moment. There are other possible improvements but I think they are far outside the scope of possibilities so I will settle for consistency in what you are saying, and I don't really care which part you end up thinking is more important to you.

How should I word it then? That I don't take issue with the english themselves but with the political and historical influence and power they continue to hold over other countries, both inside and outside, directly and indirectly, in the union and that it has been a net negative for everyone, including themselves?

How do you put that into friendly language that isn't going to put off people who view seperatism as some sort of inherent betrayal to everyone else in the union?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

You could stop trying to cram it into the framework of nationalism, because "the english" are quite inconsistent in what they want. It is, literally, a land of contrasts. There were more english people supporting the 2017 and 2019 labour platforms than there are people total in scotland, that there are slightly more horrible pricks in the country does not mean they don't exist and attempting to consistently pretend that is the case so that you can keep whingeing about "the english" and also simultaneously complain about people accusing you of whingeing about the english, is quite annoying. Say what you mean and stand by it, I again, do not care what that is, if you just want to cosplay braveheart then do it, but don't moan when people say you're doing that.

I think the concept of England loving sucks and that it should be split into differing countries/autonomous regions and I don't think there is a way to word that opinion that isn't going to be read as an attack against english people or Englishness, not when I'm essentially and functionally calling for the disbanding of the country defines said group

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

For someone who doesn't like the union I would suggest that drawing lines in places you don't live and don't like is a very unionist attitude.

I'm in favour of northern independence and other regional variations; I'm not arguing for picot-sykes or a historically similar equivalent and it's weird that you seem to think I am

I even tried engaging in good faith and dropping the hyperbole and posting shtick and you still are hell bent on reading the absolute worst out of everything I say

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 9, 2021

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Vitamin P posted:

Gonna defend Ash Crimson this is a really solid point, when a lefty alternative was presented shedloads of scots nats did forgo the assumed nationalism and support it

She's a genuine racist and I don't like nationalism but it is a pertinent question, if there exists a genuinely lefty voting bloc with an extremely imperfect but real separatist choice and the status quo is Starmers Labour then maybe? Seems like the scots did more to help a unionist lefty than britain writ large did so they clearly aren't just Braveheart wankers.

How the gently caress am i a genuine racist?

Shyrka posted:

Hey we've never interacted, but if you're looking for feedback whenever someone tells you to gently caress off or that you suck, please stop responding with "Are you alright?" as if they're having a meltdown or are mentally unwell. It's pretty gross and I've seen you do it a few times.

Ok.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Its because you're just a boring poster OP.

You could get away with this stuff if you were funny, or at least entertaining in your delusions. But you're not. You're boring. We get what you're trying to do but its been done by much better posters many times before. Just stop it.

You want me to post more about crisps?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Vitamin P posted:

You tell me about the how luv, I just see your posts not really given any thought to how they came to be.

So no evidence then, cool cool

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I dont think they want you to post more at all actually.

I just want to be a good person you know, I try everyday and i fail but i keep trying

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Communist Thoughts posted:

I also liked
"admitting you don't know statistics is bad faith"
And
"I hate all nationalism which is why I'm furious someone said Scotland should escape, were all BRITISH that's Solidarity!"

Maybe I'm just too broken as a human being but the idea that you can distinguish the "good ones" from a voting pool that's in the millions makes my brain do a double take because I don't know if I can accurately process such information without being overwhelmed

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Vitamin P posted:

I get hostility because I'm a contrarian arsehole, am very comfortable with that, Ash gets hostility because she's constantly and coherently a white-noise ethnonationalist it's not the same.

You're once, twice, three times a dickhead.

Despite my own words contradicting this poo poo you say you persist with this bullshit

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Olpainless posted:

My grandma passed early this morning.

gently caress covid.

My condolances

A bunch of people on my street, including my neighbours have contracted it but even still no one's acting like it's anything serious in this district

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Comrade Fakename posted:

Ash Crimson drafting up a post already.

We all have our problems okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Look I just want to be a good person