Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
happy new year y'all

I tried going to bed early but the fireworks were at ww1 artillery barrage levels from 11 till 1am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Okay I'm a diligent homeschool teacher but I'm not gonna do a PE lesson entitled "cosmic kids yoga harry potter session" because it looks like the same kind of algorithmic youtube bait about elsa and spiderman having kidney surgery

I had better get my rashford vouchers too or there's gonna be hell to pay for posh chorizo at waitrose

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Guavanaut posted:

weird Trotskyist sex cult.

i will start the wiki

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

They were also in with that "integrity initiative" stuff, I don't think it's too unlikely that they are now involved in whatever that effort became after it got rumbled (and of course got almost entirely ignored by the press)

She presents generally valid information but is always very careful to paint the villains of the piece as individuals or small sinister groups ingeniously managing to pull off extensive crimes rather than an utterly rotten system being lazily exploited by those who already control the bulk of political, social and economic capital - and fbpe's just eat it up because they get to feel smug and then do gently caress all about it

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Flayer posted:

Whether you get stopped for being outside by the police is probably more down to your race or their perception of your social class

fixed that one up a bit for you there

Also aye on one

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Gonzo McFee posted:

I can't tell if it's gaining traction because people care about poor kids or if nobody gives a gently caress about the kids they just don't like to see their taxes spent so nakedly poorly.

10 months or so ago when the first school lockdowns were coming into play, I got served a very similar "hamper" (a torn and pre-used carrier bag) that largely consisted of a loaf of shitewhite, some eggs of unknown provenance, around a kilo of spuds and a bunch of green bananas. Many others had similar experiences.

This time around there seems to be more traction but the usual suspects are already lining up with the old classics

"We cant give them money because they will spend it on crack and prostitutes"

"We cant give them vouchers because even though it's a technical impossibility they will spend it on booze and fags, my mates cousins brothers stepmum who knows someone who works at morrisons swears its happening"

"Well someone needs to tell them to sell the only forms of entertainment they have before they can access help, and also frivolous things like a basic phone contract need to end- they can contact their employers via smoke signals instead… just make sure it's not from a cigarette"

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Just spent my rashfords on an asda bulk shop but the next set is going purely on olives and chorizo etc from waitrose

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Can't believe they're handing out apples.

Don't they know the parents are only going to ferment them into cider and get drunk?

That and some fruit juice and sugar to make wine with, not drinking right now but I will make an exception

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

justcola posted:

I had a housemate who has recently moved out and isn't responding to my messages to pay his half of the bills. His name was on the bills. Can I do anything except ask him again and maybe do a small claims court thing?

Contact CAB before talking to any utilities but if it's only his name on the bills and not yours then it might be a case of declaring yourself the new tenant and the utilities would then chase him for the cash- you can then contact the absconder and let them know they can pay their fair share or pay all of it to give them a chance before going to the utility firms

But I am not a law person so go to CAB

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

josh04 posted:

Jack Monroe is pretty much rattling off the TV liberal consensus from before May resigned, Anna Soubry being invited on the Last Leg and all that.

Aye it's pretty sad tbh

Treating the symptoms indepth while carefully protecting the disease

I guess the architects of your own poverty are fine to pal around with once they slide into your dm's on twitter and the bailiff is no longer at the door

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

stev posted:

Well here's some acknowledgement from her about it at least.

https://twitter.com/BootstrapCook/status/1349335420740448256?s=19

it's a deflection- them having multiple digs at jam man in the national press isn't really relevant to a conversation between the two

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

If I was taking pictures of my kitchen to put on twitter you better believe that bit of the kitchen is gonna look more presentable than it ever has, let alone whatever state my kids have left it in

Probably even bleach the grouting

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Red Oktober posted:

Something I want to check about the whole awful situation - because I suspect more blame should be directed at the government than Chartwells here.

The example list for "hampers" the government gave to suppliers pretty much matches the images posted to twitter

It was about the one thing that queef farmer managed to point out in the commons to knock the tories without loving himself over with his own record

I don't think any of the firms have announced how much they got paid for the boxes (and certainly should be motivated to if it was less than thirty quid), chartwell tried claiming that the original box photographed earlier this week had a value of 10.50 and it was only intended for the first week, but the lass who posted it has claimed otherwise- and frankly the words of some random on twitter is more valid to me right now than a company that puts out coin bags half full of warm tuna to feed kids

Probably wasn't even a new coin bag

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jan 14, 2021

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

CGI Stardust posted:

queef farmer of the labia farty

aye, the leader of the suppository position

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

Regular mail is a little delayed, packages seem about on time

Started getting mail on a sunday sometimes, possibly instead of the saturday

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

saw hundreds of new posts and was genuinely glad to find a food discussion rather than some new aspect of horror to view this shambling apocalypse from

beans and mushy peas vary a lot with different cooking methods- a bit like how cabbage boiled for an hour until flavourless with the texture of soggy, discount brand arse wipe is entirely different to some that's been steamed a few minutes then tossed in butter and black pepper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

I also iq tested highly but then all that happened is teachers blamed me for being lazy even more

I mean I was totally lazy but also having significant mental health problems

Guavanaut posted:

Well spotted.

spelling should change each time as much as any file size limits allow imo