Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

It’s not like anyone needs another reason to hate this comic but gently caress your universe where these two idiots somehow get vaccines in goddamn February.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

kazz posted:

These substitute teacher Funky gags are so goofy because when was the last time anyone got a sub who actually knew how to teach the class? Of all the times my band director had to be away in 4 years of high school, I think we had a sub conduct us only once. The other times we either watched a movie or used it as study hall.

I don’t think I ever had a substitute director who wasn’t themselves a director. Our high school had several distinct bands and enough students to have two directors, so if our usual director was out the other director would step in even though he didn’t conduct our specific band on a regular basis.

Our usual guy was an rear end in a top hat and a kissass to the principal, and eighteen years after I graduated it came out that the other guy had raped multiple students in my year. Both of these fine gentlemen had Funky Winkerbean strips featuring loving Dinkle all over the drat place so now that’s all I think about when Tombat drags up this old chestnut.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Powered Descent posted:

It ended just over a year ago. Here's Selachian's post history from last year's thread, just ctrl-F though it for the word Retail:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908728&userid=190603&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

The "is the store going under?" arc begins on page one of that link, and the whole thing wraps up on page two.

I was reading through the ending for the good schadenfreude and found this strip published February 11 2020:

I'm glad he had a nice February :unsmith:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Rauno you piece of poo poo

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

CzarChasm posted:

Did I see a few weeks ago that someone was posting a Batman daily from 1989 or thereabouts, or was that another thread?

How Wonderful! started posting it in this thread, but IIRC their IRL schedule is fairly hectic so it’s not a regular thing at the moment

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
The Waffleimages news made me so happy, all the edits, all the gifs, all the

EasyEW posted:

Minimum Security

…and the monkey’s paw curls

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Pancho Jueves posted:

There's something about that look in his eyes...

I spent way too long watching this to see if it blinked before checking the extension :sigh:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

EasyEW posted:

Or to put it another way, money has changed hands so that I can do it correctly.

:stare:

Seriously, thank you for doing this. My brain's been broken over the many iterations of this thread but I recall Minimum Security being a hoot at the time. It brought us the Adventures of Bird and Coconut!

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Some Guy TT posted:

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Translation question: was the original Korean for “them boobs be big” also in an “ahuhuhuh, boobs” mode of speaking or was it license on your part?

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

EasyEW posted:

e: because oh poo poo, I knew I forgot something important...

Yesssssssssssssssssssss

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
I really did not, under any circumstances, have to see that

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

duz posted:

Has Ward Sutton been reading Crankshaft?

Eh, probably not, it’s a pretty common thing to poke fun at. Zucchini is legitimately an insane producer. I don’t know one single person who has planted a zucchini and not gotten way the gently caress too many zucchini out of it. Back when I participated in a CSA we had to stop getting a box over the summer because it was literally nothing but zucchini and squash.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

readingatwork posted:

Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

I think that’s yesterday’s Crabgrass

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Slammy posted:

Dark Laughter March 20, 1948

Huh, is this the first time we’ve seen Bootsie’s full name?

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

readingatwork posted:

Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

As someone with a large head that I inherited from my father, :same:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Vargo posted:

What a weird time to switch to a week or reruns, right in the middle of Curtis' big COVID moment, but also that tracks for Billingsley.

If this wasn’t somewhat typical for Billingsley I’d wonder if the syndicate pulled his current output because it was ~ too political ~

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Well, gently caress

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
And here Earth is with only one moon like a chump :(

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Slammy posted:

Dark Laughter January 21, 1950

Well that’s an oddly relevant topic for today’s politics.

Formosa was the English name for Taiwan at the time. In 1950 the ROC had retreated to the island and the newly formed PRC had claimed the mainland so hooray, commies to fight against!

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Everything goes VIRAL on the INTERNET it's just how it works.

I did not expect to see Rex Morgan M.D. drop an f-bomb today

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

EasyEW posted:

For those who haven't been keeping up with the Chickweed melodrama in the LA Times, after nearly a month of plugging the 9CL-shaped gap on their comics page with a note, they finally found a permanent replacement.

It's Luann.

Luann is so anti-sex that it would probably annihilate on contact with 9CL

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Hwurmp posted:

Comic Strips 2022: Mommie Is Very Gay

:yeah:

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

lmao at this on the same day that the CDC finally straight up said “don’t take cruises”

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Comic Strip Megathread 2022: Like Mary Worth pressing her butt cheeks on the window

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Don’t feel like you have to write a history of every comic ever posted if it’s too much work or stressing you out. IIIRC the best OPs in this thread’s long history have been barely anything except classic edits and links to resources.