Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

lol no but I’m a quick learner

Not quick enough to bail on EMS at the elbow of our biggest Covid spike.

Apparently two of my cousins were celebrating one of their birthdays in SC last night...after spending a couple days last week with their sister who later tested positive. I apologize if you have to pick either of them up, they are dumb. At least my cousin who is positive didn't travel with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Intruder posted:

I made pasta by hand exactly once and will use the stand mixer from now on

I do still hand knead the dough at the end before resting just to get it where I want it but I'm not doing that for ten minutes ever again

Fresh pasta is such a delight

e: maybe one day I'll get confident enough to make a stuffed pasta, haven't done it yet

:hmmyes: Carbonara with homemade pappardelle :discourse:

In the Good Eats episode about fresh pasta he throws an aside about "here's how to do it in a food processor instead of by hand, but if you it that way I'll call you a weenie". OK, cool you gatekeeping piece of poo poo, not all of us get paid to gently caress around in the kitchen all day. When the realistic options are food processor or boxed, encourage the hell out of people to try it homemade the easy way.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Booster is kicking my rear end friendos

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Its Rinaldo posted:

Alternate tylenol and ibuprofen e/ 4 hours, eat ice cream, take benadryl and sleep it off

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

My MIL has been threatening to give me her pasta sheeter attachment for the KitchenAid for years now and maybe I'll take her up on it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Braksgirl posted:

My MIL has been threatening to give me her pasta sheeter attachment for the KitchenAid for years now and maybe I'll take her up on it.

dont do it

it's a trap

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Its Rinaldo posted:

Watered-down Gatorade. Trust.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
The KA pasta attachments are great, I just wish I could have the roller and cutter attached at the same time so I didn't have to swap them when doing fettuccine.

Does anyone make a power splitter :haw:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Also have the pasta roller attachment, also have only used it a couple of times, still owns

I should do ravioli soon

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thanks for the book recommendations everyone! I made an error in my original post. I meant to say that I read a fiction book for the first time in awhile. It was fun.

Re: pasta chat. I made pasta on a date once and it was fun but took a long time. The end result was clearly better than regular pasta but I’m still not sure it was worth the effort.

Also we made the pasta in their tiny apartment and had to drape the pasta everywhere. Predictably, their cat caused pasta related mischief.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1476993009459867648

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Nooo Betty! 99 is a great run though. Wish she could have made it to 100.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

2021 taketh away yet again.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

One last parting shot from 2021

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

For pizza goons, have you tried using cornmeal between the dough and your cooking surface? Lots of pro pizza places sprinkle a bit of that (instead of flour), it seems to do a better job of preventing sticking.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

For pizza goons, have you tried using cornmeal between the dough and your cooking surface? Lots of pro pizza places sprinkle a bit of that (instead of flour), it seems to do a better job of preventing sticking.

domino's does this (or did, at least, some 25 years ago)...works a lot better than flour.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Funniest thing she's ever done.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I work at a bar that makes fancy pizzas in an insanely expensive wood fired oven and this is correct. You don't need a ton of it either, just a decent sized pinch

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Rogue Elephant posted:

I work at a bar that makes fancy pizzas in an insanely expensive wood fired oven and this is correct. You don't need a ton of it either, just a decent sized pinch

How fine of cornmeal are we talking? I have tried before without any improvement over flour, but I think it was pretty course ground. Also I'm using a metal sheet pan as a peel, which probably isn't doing me any favors (I assume dough sticks to metal more than wood).

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

Alternate tylenol and ibuprofen e/ 4 hours, eat ice cream, take benadryl and sleep it off

Is the ice cream just for soul recovery enjoyment purposes?

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Blowjob Overtime posted:

How fine of cornmeal are we talking? I have tried before without any improvement over flour, but I think it was pretty course ground. Also I'm using a metal sheet pan as a peel, which probably isn't doing me any favors (I assume dough sticks to metal more than wood).

it's pretty coarse, but like you said we use a wooden peel to slide it into the oven and a thin metal one to get it out, so it's probably worth it to spend the 15-20 bucks on a wooden one from amazon.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Honestly it's a good parting bit

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The commitment is what really sells it.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Quote posting from the meme thread:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Leperflesh posted:

I've thought about using cornmeal. I might give it a shot once to see how it does. The less sticky dough really does do a good job of eliminating sticking.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
A local pizza shop uses a lot of cornmeal to the point the bottom of the crust is completely coated in it & affects flavor. It's… off-putting.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Braksgirl posted:

-Mise en place as much as you can.

Actual pizza assembly is going to take place outside but I'm ready to go

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Weird that we're all making pizza tonight.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I stopped using cornmeal when cooking pizzas indoors because when you’re knocking out like six of them the leftover cornmeal on the stone starts to burn and smoke the kitchen out

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Not me I'm making fajitas :toot:

T-Square posted:

I stopped using cornmeal when cooking pizzas indoors because when you’re knocking out like six of them the leftover cornmeal on the stone starts to burn and smoke the kitchen out

That'll be true of flour too though?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Dinner chat: Fired up the raclette, had gooey cheese on fresh baguette with prosciutto, green onions, and a local deli's Roasted Red Pepper salad pureed into a pesto consistency. Later, we are meeting virtually with some friends for a pickle and chip tasting menu.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Intruder posted:

Not me I'm making fajitas :toot:

My man.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Android Apocalypse posted:

A local pizza shop uses a lot of cornmeal to the point the bottom of the crust is completely coated in it & affects flavor. It's… off-putting.

I actually really like that flavor :shobon:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
We ordered Indian

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The Puppy Bowl posted:

NYE was a great money making shift when I delivered pizzas. That and Super Bowl Sunday.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Nacho Nacho Bar for us to ring in the new year.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I’m going to make chili and it will have beans :colbert:

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
We are doing lobster rolls using the KAF Japanese milk bread recipe.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm making chicken and rice for dinner at some point tonight. As much as I want a pizza now I'm going off what I've got here instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/kumandgo/status/1476357108002000904?t=F327PKIZCtyt2U3Xo0yMoA&s=19

Happy New Year ya dinguses