Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Someone didn't drink enough water in between cocktails last night. Ugh.

But my dog is snuggled up next to me so I can't complain. Happy new year goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Batman Beyond is a loving amazing show, it just came out when I was no longer waking up at 7 am on Saturdays to mainline 4 hours of cartoons.

Batman Beyond is totally schway

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cobra Kai S3 was amazing. Way better than S2 and I cannot wait for S4 now.

e:

Timby posted:

I'm home, relaxing in my recliner and breathing fresh air. :unsmith:

Awesome! Congrats Timby.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

I agree, I don't want to quit, but this happens to me a lot. I have an issue, and then I get 20 questions from my wife about it.

Why is your wife nitpicking your hobby to the point you don't even enjoy it anymore?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

My dog is having just as much trouble as I am adjusting to going back to work after having the 23rd through the end of the year off. He keeps coming up to me like "are we gonna play now??"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

My company has national meeting they're putting on virtually starting in a half hour. Whatever they're setting up is slowing internet/VPN to an absolute crawl and causing Teams to lose connections. The website for the event won't load either lol.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

My company has national meeting they're putting on virtually starting in a half hour. Whatever they're setting up is slowing internet/VPN to an absolute crawl and causing Teams to lose connections. The website for the event won't load either lol.

This is amazing. Everything crashed except the meeting's chat function. Literally more than a thousand people spamming "frozen" hahaha.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kalli posted:

Presumptive RIP to Blindsite. I don't think these are native to australia, but I presume something worse is and has also learned how to open doors

https://twitter.com/LydNicholas/status/1346459292489101313

I can't stop laughing at the thud sound :xd:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

:lol:

https://twitter.com/Blutman27/status/1346567458912538624

I missed this when it happened and it brings me joy to find it now.

This is absolutely hilarious for the timing of announcer hyperbole and what actually happens in the replay.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Intruder posted:

Does it run?

Fantastic callback :golfclap:

Also, holy poo poo add me to the list of TFF Chat posters who can't sleep. I should have just gotten up when I woke up at 3 am and started a pork butt I've got in the fridge since I just laid awake in bed.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm supposed to be listening to an all-company broadcast. It's impossible.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I don't blame him for having "fury in his voice". Guy's been harassed by these assholes the last two days.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Seeing everyone filing out while respecting the velvet ropes is some great dark humor.

And I hope every single one of these unmasked assholes gets found out and face consequences.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

CNN openly calling it treason.

Good. I'm so frustrated but at the same time oddly relieved because now they crossed a line where there has to be consequences. (I know, I know)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Biden's talking now? This better not be loving milquetoast

e: okay he's actually pissed. Good

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

dirty shrimp money posted:

No calls for resignation, not really pissed

Yeah he really petered out after I posted. Seemed like he was ramping up.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This. Mother. Fucker.

e: holy poo poo that Twitter disclaimer

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CNN radio is just reiterating what a disgrace this is and condemning everything.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Anderson Cooper calling out "these people are going to go back to their Olive Gardens and Holiday Inns where they're staying..." :xd:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

First time the capitol building has been breached since The War of 1812 :stare:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Freaquency posted:

lol

You can just hear in her voice that no one has told her no before

Which is really funny when you consider how hard right-wingers go on bootstraps mentality and "participation trophies ruined America"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

My Facebook feed - which literally depressed me during BLM protests - is absolutely silent about what happened today.

I just want to go on there and rage about the BLM posts and all the "but but they are RIOTING" when MAGA fuckheads invaded the loving capitol building.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

What else are you gonna use those old-timey briefcases for?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

saintonan posted:

20 minutes until the curfew goes into effect and all those assholes can get swept out like so much trash.

Lol your optimism :allears:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Holy gently caress DC's mayor is on CNN right now and won't answer any of Cooper's questions asking how this would be handled if it was a BLM protest and if MAGA rioters will be arrested. GUILLOTINE

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

In before Leper! Hyena's are closer related to cats

Way to live up to SB's Quiplash goals :golfclap:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

genetically hyenas (not hyena's) are closer to cats
behaviorally and morphologically they are closer to dogs

so, calling hyenas "dogs" is less correct than calling them "cats" only from a strictly genetic, dogmatically taxonomic reference point, but calling them "dogs" is a reasonable appellation from a descriptive, colloquial english perspective

the actually correct thing to call the four extant species of hyenas collectively, in English, is either "hyenas" or, pedantically, "hyaenidae"

Goddamn. The man "well, actually-ed" a "well, actually". :vince:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

They’re deleting trumps tweets

The Twitter disclaimers worked!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I still can't get out of my head the juxtaposition of how BLM protests were handled versus today's domestic terrorism. :(

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

They've always handled right wing extremists with kid gloves. Jokes about police presence at KKK rallies being muted by participation are decades old.

I know. I didn't mean it as a shocking thing. Just how brutal of a reminder it was of "that's how things are"

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Absolutely warranted. I love the response when he drops the f-bomb.

Is there a clip of the entire segment out there? I'd like to hear the whole thing from start to finish.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Wednesday was a sad day for America. Sports maybe now more than ever needs to be an outlet from the divide in this country. However #Phillies fans will not be happy with this news. The #Mets will be a better team in 2021, as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos and that'll be a home run. And so that'll make it a 4-0 ballgame. I don't know if I'm going to be putting on this headset again.

I'm dying laughing at how perfect this fits. Thanks for that on an otherwise frustrating day. (Same goes for the amazing Animaniacs mp4 as well.)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

He must have forgotten his Parler login.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

dirty shrimp money posted:

Unless she has 17 Republicans in the bag right now she might as well sit down

That's exactly why she's talking. Can't be done so she can say all this freely without being responsible for actually getting it done.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Thanks y’all. I’ve definitely overprepared and am ready. I think the nerves are mostly just because I want the job so bad.

If I dont get it, it won’t be because I did anything wrong/missed something.

Good luck! Like everyone else has said, you'll do great. You've got nothing to lose.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Freaquency posted:

https://twitter.com/tmorello/status/1347357368095444992?s=20

:thunk:

I still can’t get over how limp-dicked the various law enforcement agencies have been about this - “we saw no credible threat! We have no intelligence on who this person might be!” Meanwhile the internet was saying “hey uh maybe someone should keep an eye on these people heading to DC and talking about kidnapping government officials” and had people IDed because they were already well known alt-right personalities. You’re either laughably incompetent or obviously complicit and neither is good!

A journalist there was able to go on Parler and download a map of where they were marching and what their entire plan was. This stuff was readily available.

Basically:

D-LINK posted:

It's because they were in on it, and complicit beforehand OP

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I can't stop laughing at this :lol:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kalli posted:

Twitter whacked most of the remaining qanon accounts

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1347654102453538819

All I can think of when I see stuff about social media taking action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqQ99s4Ywnw

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Intruder posted:

The alt-righters are not very happy about being on the other side of the post-death character attacks for once

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1347605502109360131

No lie, I saw that video she posted while driving and screaming about Trump and my first thought was "I wonder if she's driven through multiple states in a diaper to chase an ex".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I appreciate how the thread title fits @DonMexico now :allears: