Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Sub-Actuality posted:

beat Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow last night for maybe the 6th or 7th time, it’s always been one of my go-to relaxation games to play in short coffee break bursts.

Might start Portrait of Ruin next or just skip to Order of Ecclesia

Love these, castlevania DS ftw but never was able to get a copy of OoE when it came out and now they’re like $100 on eBay. How is it compared to the other 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the doll section from beginning to end owns so hard, probably one of my favorite gaming sequences ever

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Nutmeg posted:

Resident Evil Village: truly owns, maybe the best horror game ive ever played. high frame rate and rtx lighting for x-tream immersion, praise allah

hell yes

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

FF7R (PS5) - what a game. Great script, fun combat, good characters, it looked phenomenal. Never played the original so I’m happy to finally experience this. Normal difficulty wasn’t exactly taxing - I think the only thing that killed me was the final boss in the final road chase sequence - but that didn’t make it any less fun. Gonna probably dive right into the DLC, I’m not done with this yet.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

b_d posted:

i hated this boss and all the other motorcycle fights. i don't know if they made any changes in the ps5 version

those fights still sucked, I should have said that the game being easy didn’t make it less fun - the
road stuff was def the worst part, but as long as I was winning I just got through it. Having to refight it though and trying to get the speed right, gah

Fungah! posted:

i liked roche

yeah he was cool and that fight was fun

Dlc spoiler: was also p funny when he showed up to play fort condor with yuffi

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

buffalo all day posted:

FF7R (PS5) - what a game. Great script, fun combat, good characters, it looked phenomenal. Never played the original so I’m happy to finally experience this. Normal difficulty wasn’t exactly taxing - I think the only thing that killed me was the final boss in the final road chase sequence - but that didn’t make it any less fun. Gonna probably dive right into the DLC, I’m not done with this yet.

Finished the DLC. There is some absolutely wild plot poo poo going on at the end that I don’t understand at all but combat was hella fun with Yuffie and Sonon, was twitchy and completely different from the main title and perfect for a DLC, and the final boss felt suitably epic. Now I’m hype for the next installment.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Deathloop (good ending?) - this was weird. Honestly felt like half(?) a game. Great vibes and art, a whole bunch of weapons and mods and powers and the most effective way to get through like 95% of the game is just to machete people in the face. Shooting anything but the shotgun feels really bad. Also all the bad guys are the same. Like literally the same. My network wasn’t working right and I never got invaded - finally got it working and you wait forever to match with anyone.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

IGgy IGsen posted:

So far I played:

Super Metroid (I don't even know, I played this so many times)
Hollow Knight (second playthrough)
AM2R (first playthrough)
Metroid Dread (first playthrough)
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (first playthrough)
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (second playthrough)
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (second playthrough, 100% for some reason)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Second Playthrough, Hard Mode)

this list needs to have the Ori games on it, now available on XBOX PC Game Pass. amazing to look at and they feel great to play

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Ghost of Tsushima (PS5) (main plot) - not sure anyone should bother making another 3rd person open world game after this, which is p much everything I want in one (except let me skip through dialogue in side quests, jesus). Feels like they asked around for what conveniences people want in a game and added all of them. Heard mixed stuff about DLC island but gonna give it a shot.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Arrhythmia posted:

No don't. You have so much to live for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

buffalo all day posted:

Ghost of Tsushima (PS5) (main plot) - not sure anyone should bother making another 3rd person open world game after this, which is p much everything I want in one (except let me skip through dialogue in side quests, jesus). Feels like they asked around for what conveniences people want in a game and added all of them. Heard mixed stuff about DLC island but gonna give it a shot.

GoT (Iki Island DLC) - perfect DLC imo. Great small-scale plot that feels meaningful and hits a bunch of stuff that’s discussed in the main game but not really dealt with. Cool additional mechanics and duels that honestly could have been saved for a sequel. Felt completely worth it.